Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello all and Happy Sunday!

It's Day 49 for the Phase II clones and I'm trying to make things right for the Cosmic Lights clones. They continue to look grumpy but they live on. :)

Last night I topped off all of their pots with Roots Organics Lush soil. As I was doing so I was thinking that it's no surprise that the CLs, finicky as they are, have not reacted well to their transplants. Their little 2 gallon pots had lots of room for more soil on top. When I transplanted them I had not prepped enough soil and so I kinda' stretched out what I did have prepared to enable me to up-pot all 4 of the plants. My intention was to add more soil a few days later. I did not. Score 1 for the Lazy-Meter. :straightface:

However, I dosed them all with the dry nutrients per what the schedule says for 2 gallons of soil, but I didn't have 2 gallons of soil in the pots. The result was some hot soil and the CL objected mightily. The Fat Kid's Cake clone (tan pot) said I don't give a shit, I can handle it!
P2 clones 6-30-24 D49 (a).JPG

The Lush soil is highly fortified and should support the CLs for a minute while allowing organic nutrients to kinda' cool down. That's my hope. I'm skipping the CL's bi-weekly feed of the dry nutes that's due today for all of the plants. Only the FKC will get fed.

-----------------------------------

Stella enjoying her Sunday morning:

Stella 6-30-24 D49.JPG

For me, a true newbie to outdoor growing, she's intriguing! I look forward to seeing how this story ends!

----------------------------------

I think what you've heard is true! :)

----------------------------------

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE
They look good GDB will you be up potting again into 5 gals?

They can spread diseases, so I squish them every time I see them.
I try, but they're usually faster than I am... šŸ¤
The remote Cosmic Lights looks like she's doing okay.
She looks good, but there's still something bothering her- those "convex" upper leaves seem to indicate a problem, but I'm not sure what it'd be..
I think her flowers will start looking a little more normal in about 2 weeks...once she figures out what's going on..

Ive had that problem in the past with those kind of leaves,for me ,according to the soil test it was to many nitrates and a out of balanced soil.
I don't believe that plant is in flower yet, those are the pre flowers but seeings how it's struggling a bit its STRESSED out (by looking at those leaves).
They probably wont go full blown flower until the end of July or Aug, think about it ,harvest is usually way late sept or Oct sometimes even later just trying to help give you all some insights on why its weird looking at the top and what ive learned from my own experiences āœŒļø

I think maybe the best thing you can do with your CL clones is not give them to LB for his garden, since that one is home to leaf hoppers (three on one leaf...crazy!) and the yellow spots. Can't blame the weird flowering on him or his gas though.

Summary:
ā€¢Leafhopper feeding causes leaves to develop pale specks. Leaves and shoot tips fed upon by an abundance of leafhoppers may turn yellow then brown and curl and die. Leafhoppers also excrete honeydew on which blackish sooty mold grows. This can foul foliage, fruit, and surfaces underneath infested plants. As nymphs molt into the next (larger) instar, they leave whitish cast skins on the underside of foliage.

ā€¢Some leafhopper species transmit plant pathogens that cause plant disease. For example, glassy-winged sharpshooter and various other leafhoppers and sharpshooters vector the plant-pathogenic bacterium Xylella fastidiosa. This bacterium can cause lethal diseases in plant hosts, including almond leaf scorch, oleander leaf scorch, Pierceā€™s disease of grape, and other diseases that vary by the host plant and strain of X. fastidiosa.

That said:
ā€¢In most situations, leafhoppers are just an annoyance or curiosity and do not threaten plant survival. Generally, no control of them is needed in gardens and landscapes. Insecticide application in gardens and landscapes generally is not effective for preventing plant diseases vectored by leafhoppers because they can transmit the virus to a new host before the leafhoppers are killed by the insecticide.

If 2 gallons are the clones' final homes will you be waiting for them to recover before you flip? I just wondering how happy they'll be in flower in only 2 gallons of soil, even full to the brim. I'm sure they'll be fine but I hope I'm allowed to wonder anyway!

I think maybe the best thing you can do with your CL clones is not give them to LB for his garden, since that one is home to leaf hoppers (three on one leaf...crazy!) and the yellow spots. Can't blame the weird flowering on him or his gas though.

Summary:
ā€¢Leafhopper feeding causes leaves to develop pale specks. Leaves and shoot tips fed upon by an abundance of leafhoppers may turn yellow then brown and curl and die. Leafhoppers also excrete honeydew on which blackish sooty mold grows. This can foul foliage, fruit, and surfaces underneath infested plants. As nymphs molt into the next (larger) instar, they leave whitish cast skins on the underside of foliage.

ā€¢Some leafhopper species transmit plant pathogens that cause plant disease. For example, glassy-winged sharpshooter and various other leafhoppers and sharpshooters vector the plant-pathogenic bacterium Xylella fastidiosa. This bacterium can cause lethal diseases in plant hosts, including almond leaf scorch, oleander leaf scorch, Pierceā€™s disease of grape, and other diseases that vary by the host plant and strain of X. fastidiosa.

That said:
ā€¢In most situations, leafhoppers are just an annoyance or curiosity and do not threaten plant survival. Generally, no control of them is needed in gardens and landscapes. Insecticide application in gardens and landscapes generally is not effective for preventing plant diseases vectored by leafhoppers because they can transmit the virus to a new host before the leafhoppers are killed by the insecticide.

If 2 gallons are the clones' final homes will you be waiting for them to recover before you flip? I just wondering how happy they'll be in flower in only 2 gallons of soil, even full to the brim. I'm sure they'll be fine but I hope I'm allowed to wonder anyway!
Its recommended by my garden experts that 5 gal containers min for a full cycle round but that's water only LOS and not written in stone āœŒļø

Hello all.

Well I've committed yet another faux pas and this time the victim is Stella.

When I posted this pic of her on Sunday I noticed some blemishes (circled) but I dismissed them as being too minor to fret over.
Stella 6-30-24 D49 circled.jpg

By yesterday, those blemishes had progressed to these blemishes:

On the upper leaf:
Stella 7-1-24 D50 top blemish.JPG

And on the lower leaves:
Stella 7-1-24 D50 lower blemish.JPG

Prior to taking that Sunday pic I had fed Stella -- I believe on Thursday. It was the first time she had been fed in a while (more than a week). I think that feed is what screwed her up!

I'm really hoping it's a case of my Lazy-Meter sticking it to me again. I had about 2 liters of FOOP mixed from her previous feed. But rather than pH the solution before giving it to the plant I just shook the bottle and poured it right in. FOOP warns about pHing to between 6.2 & 6.4 prior to feeding plants. It says that otherwise one risks damaging their plant. I knew that bottle of nutes had sat for more than a week and I knew that sitting solutions often drift away from the pH they were when first mixed. But I believe my Lazy-Meter, in conjunction with my Olfactory-Meter, colluded to convince me to just go ahead and pour 'em in. (I mention my Olfactory-Meter because these damn FOOP nutrients stink to high heaven, like a eau de Outhouse concentrate or something.)

So I didn't want to smell that crap for any longer than I had to. It made skipping checking the pH seem like a reasonable thing to do. Hell, it's bad enough just to endure removing the bottle cap and pouring it on the plant. This stuff is way funkier than any song James Brown or George Clinton ever created. :straightface:

That's how I think I got here.

Yesterday evening I flushed her -- really flushed her. I let her sit overnight and then this morning I gave her a liter of freshly mixed FOOP, pHed to 6.3.

The remote Cosmic Lights and now Stella. I'm thinking I should have stayed my ass inside!

But wait, inside I've got the 3 CL clones in my basement tent also being fussy.

Maybe I should have stayed inside and upstairs! šŸ˜

No matter. I used to be an avid baseball player many years ago and now I'm an avid golfer. Both sports conditioned me over many years to not only to expect but to accept failures, and keeping pushing forward.

------------------------

Thanks for looking.

PEACE

Hello all.

Well I've committed yet another faux pas and this time the victim is Stella.

When I posted this pic of her on Sunday I noticed some blemishes (circled) but I dismissed them as being too minor to fret over.
Stella 6-30-24 D49 circled.jpg

By yesterday, those blemishes had progressed to these blemishes:

On the upper leaf:
Stella 7-1-24 D50 top blemish.JPG

And on the lower leaves:
Stella 7-1-24 D50 lower blemish.JPG

Prior to taking that Sunday pic I had fed Stella -- I believe on Thursday. It was the first time she had been fed in a while (more than a week). I think that feed is what screwed her up!

I'm really hoping it's a case of my Lazy-Meter sticking it to me again. I had about 2 liters of FOOP mixed from her previous feed. But rather than pH the solution before giving it to the plant I just shook the bottle and poured it right in. FOOP warns about pHing to between 6.2 & 6.4 prior to feeding plants. It says that otherwise one risks damaging their plant. I knew that bottle of nutes had sat for more than a week and I knew that sitting solutions often drift away from the pH they were when first mixed. But I believe my Lazy-Meter, in conjunction with my Olfactory-Meter, colluded to convince me to just go ahead and pour 'em in. (I mention my Olfactory-Meter because these damn FOOP nutrients stink to high heaven, like a eau de Outhouse concentrate or something.)

So I didn't want to smell that crap for any longer than I had to. It made skipping checking the pH seem like a reasonable thing to do. Hell, it's bad enough just to endure removing the bottle cap and pouring it on the plant. This stuff is way funkier than any song James Brown or George Clinton ever created. :straightface:

That's how I think I got here.

Yesterday evening I flushed her -- really flushed her. I let her sit overnight and then this morning I gave her a liter of freshly mixed FOOP, pHed to 6.3.

The remote Cosmic Lights and now Stella. I'm thinking I should have stayed my ass inside!

But wait, inside I've got the 3 CL clones in my basement tent also being fussy.

Maybe I should have stayed inside and upstairs! šŸ˜

No matter. I used to be an avid baseball player many years ago and now I'm an avid golfer. Both sports conditioned me over many years to not only to expect but to accept failures, and keeping pushing forward.

------------------------

Thanks for looking.

PEACE
That sucks hopefully the flush sets em straight

Back
Top Bottom