So here it goes, the bane of my existence.

Air!

Ok, maybe an explaination might help. So last grow a friend showed me by pumping the intake air between my plants and lights I could run the 2 600w hps as close as 10 inches, causing real stubby plants with extremely close nodes, bla bla bla.

While I didn’t even know what a node was, it sounded great. For months in my first grow, I simply used string. Tied it like some laces, and just readjusted it up when the lights got raised through out. It sounds easy, but when you’ve got however much air pumping through a tube, it moves... no matter how much string you tie to the bloody thing.

Plus the tent restricts in when zipped up. I place it perfect, close the tent, check back in maybe a few hours or even the next morning. It’s moved, it’s now blowing directly onto 1 plant, which likely thinks a tornado is circling it. Sad to say, this took me a few weeks to realise the tent restricting was moving my perfectly placed ducting.

After an average of 3oz per plant dry, with all the torture they went through and the mistakes I made, I’d like to think having the light so close helped achieve that.

So this time round, I was determined to find a better way. I’m now using some small straps, 2 from the side and 1 from above. All 3 are fairly tight, forcing it to stay in place with one trusty bit of strong across the tube to hold it in place. I closed the tent up, let it restrict in and then opened it back up, it didn’t move an inch!

Finally after months of hating this tube I finally have it stuck in place. The fun part... the lights will be raised in a day of 2, i get to do this all over again.

Oscillating fan also in picture, this was just my second attempt at fitting it and it’s been perfect so no worries with that one.
B0D50C37-AB51-4E08-AB07-172AC2947030.jpeg
7EF1711E-FA9D-47B7-ADF5-33A210B0733E.jpeg

Day 16 from planting seed. 48 hours after repotting.

Just a quick update, all appear ok. Little bit of drooping from previous problems with watering, seem to be getting better. Can see growth starting on a few. Soil is still moist just an inch below the surface, so no water today.

Attachments

• CB77A8CF-F424-498B-86BC-73CD14090220.jpeg
    CB77A8CF-F424-498B-86BC-73CD14090220.jpeg
    843.2 KB · Views: 36
  • D4394646-EB90-4897-8F2C-50458BD5FFE9.jpeg
    D4394646-EB90-4897-8F2C-50458BD5FFE9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • 92689641-AF1D-4C0B-9178-6849AC714B96.jpeg
    92689641-AF1D-4C0B-9178-6849AC714B96.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 12799B96-FDBE-4BC6-9467-8D5051733224.jpeg
    12799B96-FDBE-4BC6-9467-8D5051733224.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • FF9AE1FC-1602-445A-A330-CE128233EC78.jpeg
    FF9AE1FC-1602-445A-A330-CE128233EC78.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • CBB87E59-93FF-4703-AD8A-5A304356851F.jpeg
    CBB87E59-93FF-4703-AD8A-5A304356851F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 0EDB4F75-0A98-4B15-842D-EED8DD8C2A97.jpeg
    0EDB4F75-0A98-4B15-842D-EED8DD8C2A97.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 2D2AA173-F89A-4081-AB1E-CED52F611C28.jpeg
    2D2AA173-F89A-4081-AB1E-CED52F611C28.jpeg
    982 KB · Views: 33
  • 57113ECA-1E36-408B-A061-5B8BE7B906F5.jpeg
    57113ECA-1E36-408B-A061-5B8BE7B906F5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 33
Patience is key, but I hate it!

LOL - my thoughts every day....I wish my plants knew how much I love and care about them and they would just love me back by growing into monsters!
The gf says I have a problem...i don't disagree :blunt:

I did manage to pick a moisture meter up. Bit worried with digging it into the soil in case of damaging roots so was careful. Nearer the bottom went straight to almost maximum moisture. So will check this daily. I did lift the pot as well, which I will do daily to keep getting a better idea.

I will keep an eye on the drooping and likely bombard you with messages when I think it’s dry in a panick.

Plants are coming along. Maybe I’m expecting too much. While I have some praying looking great, still have 2 slacking a little and drooping a tad, almost exactly how they were before repotting when suffering from over watering. Patience is key, but I hate it!

I’ll do an update with photos shortly anyway.
play with that moisture meter a bit... you will find it effectively has two readings... moist and pegged all the way over to the right, wet. It is the wet indication you are looking for. When you slowly drop the probe down into the soil the point you hit WET is the top of the water table, the lake under that soil. When the surface of the water table reaches the last 2 inches of the container, it is safe to water.

LOL - my thoughts every day....I wish my plants knew how much I love and care about them and they would just love me back by growing into monsters!
The gf says I have a problem...i don't disagree :blunt:

I most definitely have a problem. I often find my self just sitting staring at them trying to force them to grow.

They're coming along nicely Kimber patience is key you have to let them go with their own pace. 10 inch is pretty close to your canopy keep a close eye for any heat stress.

Yeah I know, it’s just so difficult.

Well I’m at 14 inches at the moment, I started at 16 and will allow the plants to grow to 12 inches away and will then higher it as they grow. As long as I control my environment ok heat stress wasn’t an issue last time, the cold air running between the plants and light appears to be a big help.

I did make a mistake today. So basically with the lights on, I connect the tube to the attic opening to extract the air out of the room. Unfortunately this does mean, I have to remove the tubing from the attic when the lights are off.

I found out today, I set the timer for lights off for just 4 hours, rather than 6, so for 2 hours the tent was running at 35 degrees Celsius, likely stressing the plants like mad. This happened both Monday and Today. Now resolved so hopefully the plants will be a bit happier back into 25 degrees with lights on.

I find if i give them water light and nutrients they actually do grow for me.

My mind wants to see them go from 14 days old to finished flowering in a few hours. I’ll guess I’ll just have to give up on the special powers idea and stick with your technique instead. :p

play with that moisture meter a bit... you will find it effectively has two readings... moist and pegged all the way over to the right, wet. It is the wet indication you are looking for. When you slowly drop the probe down into the soil the point you hit WET is the top of the water table, the lake under that soil. When the surface of the water table reaches the last 2 inches of the container, it is safe to water.

Yeah I realised when using it on a fabric pot I filled today with just soil it showed as a 3 out of 10, had assumed soil which had never been watered would show as a 1, so realised it isn’t super accurate.

Thank you for the continued support with this, would have killed them by now without your watering techniques and advise so far.

@Kimber015 got the chair out. Let's see what these girls can do!

Always wanted to do the gorilla zkittlez was one of next on the list kinda thing. Just be careful apparently these girls can grow monster size especially in flower!

Looking forward to seeing them perform!

Always wanted to do the gorilla zkittlez was one of next on the list kinda thing. Just be careful apparently these girls can grow monster size especially in flower!

Glad to have you here. I actually grew these for my first ever grow. I liked the idea of growing them again to see if the lessons I learned through out my first grow would improve my yields and health of the plants. I only vegged for 4 weeks with no lst. I think I could have gone to 6 weeks and still had no height issues even without lst.

My current grow is just myself trying to not repeat the same mistakes, bigger pots, new wings and seeing if it helps much.

I was advised to flower these really short but may leave them a tad longer next time.

Here’s a couple of photos from the GZ, I know it’s got the hps bulb on, it was just for personal reference so I didn’t take many photos with the hps on. I did 24oz dry from 8 plants.

Attachments

• 4FB85AD5-5F32-4DE5-81ED-E02FE2F88EAC.jpeg
    4FB85AD5-5F32-4DE5-81ED-E02FE2F88EAC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • FD817A99-225E-4B6F-849F-264C69E24022.jpeg
    FD817A99-225E-4B6F-849F-264C69E24022.jpeg
    575.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 17065DB8-6AD0-4C00-8D17-43C3D2D63FB4.png
    17065DB8-6AD0-4C00-8D17-43C3D2D63FB4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
Definitely every day is a school day bro. Get a journal going it's the best thing you can do. Write every little detail down especially if you are sticking with a strain for a little while and get them dialed.

The wings I like for sure! The cheap euro reflectors I have atm may get chucked out the ones you have looks so much better suited for larger spaces!

Here’s a couple of photos from the GZ, I know it’s got the hps bulb on, it was just for personal reference so I didn’t take many photos with the hps on. I did 24oz dry from 8 plants.
Noice! 24OZ that ain't bad! They look tasty also. I'm aiming for a 1kg and change I doubt I'll get close but we will see!

Definitely every day is a school day bro. Get a journal going it's the best thing you can do. Write every little detail down especially if you are sticking with a strain for a little while and get them dialed.

The wings I like for sure! The cheap euro reflectors I have atm may get chucked out the ones you have looks so much better suited for larger spaces!

Yeah I’m sticking with this journal for sure, without it my plants would have liked died.

Best advise is go for the medium ones, I went for large which I later realised are for either 2 600w bulbs per side, or 1 1000w. The medium sized ones are meant for a 600w bulb. I’ll let you know how I get on with these as I used the cheap ones last grow, I just didn’t like the coverage from them.

Noice! 24OZ that ain't bad! They look tasty also. I'm aiming for a 1kg and change I doubt I'll get close but we will see!

Well I was hoping for at least 10 when I decided to defoliate heavily at the end of week 5 in flower, I got carried away. Not sure how that affected them in the long run, I’ll never know.

Seeing what I got from the last one I see a kilo being reasonable as a target. I’m seeing people veg for around 6 weeks, mainlining and pulling 4/5 oz off a plant, that’s my target. I’ll be mainlining next grow, just need to create some more space in veg spot to allow for some bigger pots. I start my seedlings when I start the flush which allows me to overlap by 3 weeks, then the tent is empty ready for some new girls just a few weeks old.

If I can sort my veg spot out, I’d like to be able to do at least 2 lots of topping before putting them into the tent, but that’s means I need more space. Another alternative is going to coco, the recovery rates and speed of growth seems to be much better than soil which is really important for me.

Yeah I’m sticking with this journal for sure, without it my plants would have liked died.

Best advise is go for the medium ones, I went for large which I later realised are for either 2 600w bulbs per side, or 1 1000w. The medium sized ones are meant for a 600w bulb. I’ll let you know how I get on with these as I used the cheap ones last grow, I just didn’t like the coverage from them.
Awesome I'm on the same track as you coverage doesnt look good at all! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!

Well I was hoping for at least 10 when I decided to defoliate heavily at the end of week 5 in flower, I got carried away. Not sure how that affected them in the long run, I’ll never know.

Seeing what I got from the last one I see a kilo being reasonable as a target. I’m seeing people veg for around 6 weeks, mainlining and pulling 4/5 oz off a plant, that’s my target. I’ll be mainlining next grow, just need to create some more space in veg spot to allow for some bigger pots. I start my seedlings when I start the flush which allows me to overlap by 3 weeks, then the tent is empty ready for some new girls just a few weeks old.

If I can sort my veg spot out, I’d like to be able to do at least 2 lots of topping before putting them into the tent, but that’s means I need more space. Another alternative is going to coco, the recovery rates and speed of growth seems to be much better than soil which is really important for me.
Hmmmm sounds like you have a plan I will be doing things slightly different. But then I can with the soil.

I will be taking clones at week 3 of flower. Sticking them under the 300w cfl that gives them 9 weeks to re group recover and start vegging again. In that time the main plants will have 7 weeks of flower left, 1 week of drying. Whilst the drying begins I will have all my pots emptied into a big bag I will re amend the soil takes around 2 weeks to cook down. By that time the tent is free from drying. everything is cleaned down and ready to go again. In all I only lose 1 week and I'm back at it again this time my vegging time would have halved;)

Back
Top Bottom