Screenshot_20240704_112316_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240704_135824_Firefox.jpg

WooHoo!

I don't see what you are talking about. I notice a few lower fans with what looks like caterpillar munching?

Overall, they are Beautiful! ❤️
It's the black discolouration on the small leaf in the closeup pic.
Godzilla Glue 04 July 2024 3.jpg

Screenshot_20240704_135824_Firefox.jpg

It's the black discolouration on the small leaf in the closeup pic.
Godzilla Glue 04 July 2024 3.jpg
Oh my bad! I forgot to put cannabis. Lol
Yeah cut that leaf off!! That's no bueno !!
Looks like a fuckin plague!!!

Oh my bad! I forgot to put cannabis. Lol
Yeah cut that leaf off!! That's no bueno !!
Looks like a fuckin plague!!!
It's too late. It's systemic, in the sap (phloem, xylem). That leaf is growing in that way, it's not the entry point.
Straight up Hexxus! Definitely get her quarantined
If that would help, I'd do it, but the leaf hoppers have been jumping between the plants too much.
The most likely scenario is that a perennial plant in the neighbourhood is infected, and the leafhoppers go from it to my plants.
At this point, I'm going to do what I can to strengthen their immune systems, and try to ride it out.
It does affect my ability to grow outdoors in the future though.

I took the chicken wire cage down (weeks after I made the decision to do so :rolleyes:).
Turns out it was supporting some of the branches. They've spread out a bit.
I also put a gentle curve into the main branch which was going for apical dominance. It's thicker and stronger than the rest, so I grabbed a semicircular trellis that was going unused this year, and secured the branch to it.
I'll keep an eye on her, and if the other branches require support I'll use some of the metal stakes for them.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons
All 3 of the others have female preflowers, and this one still looks male, but I'm not getting rid of it until a pollen sac forms. I won't let it get anywhere near bursting.

Godzilla Glue #4

Thanks for stopping by!

Looking good Melville, :) growing outdoors is more of a challenge for me for sure.🙄 Between the bugs and my insecurities about hitting them with too much nutes and hungry deer, the first thing I do when I wake up, on the way to the coffee pot, is to look off the deck and make sure it's still okay. I've got a plant outside but haven't journelled it yet. 🙄 My Headroom Incident self fertilized a couple years ago giving me hundreds of seeds and the Panama next door made less than a dozen seeds from the HI pollen. I'm calling it Panama Incident.:)

Space Lemons seems to have hit the stretch, so I'm expecting the preflowers to develop enough to be 100% certain of its gender in a week or two.
Gorilla Glue #4 is starting to pick up the pace as well. Both need to be watered every day.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Boy those are great looking doing so well outdoors. Makes me so sad when i have to chop a beautiful male plant but it's for the best for the rest!!:yahoo:I loved my GG last summer sure wish i had a few of her this year. Good luck
Thanks GG!
They always seem to be the most vigorous too!
Looking good Melville, :) growing outdoors is more of a challenge for me for sure.🙄 Between the bugs and my insecurities about hitting them with too much nutes and hungry deer, the first thing I do when I wake up, on the way to the coffee pot, is to look off the deck and make sure it's still okay. I've got a plant outside but haven't journelled it yet. 🙄 My Headroom Incident self fertilized a couple years ago giving me hundreds of seeds and the Panama next door made less than a dozen seeds from the HI pollen. I'm calling it Panama Incident.:)
Thanks gwhunran!
We don't have deer coming into the yard anymore, since they built all those houses over what used to be cornfields, but the insects can be a real headache. Most years there's a good balance of predators back there to hold them off.
I haven't fed Cherry Bomb since I transplanted her into the ground as I've been amending the garden soil with compost and composted sheep manure for years.

Thanks for checking in!

Space Lemons seems to have hit the stretch, so I'm expecting the preflowers to develop enough to be 100% certain of its gender in a week or two.
Gorilla Glue #4 is starting to pick up the pace as well. Both need to be watered every day.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Thanks GG!
They always seem to be the most vigorous too!

Thanks gwhunran!
We don't have deer coming into the yard anymore, since they built all those houses over what used to be cornfields, but the insects can be a real headache. Most years there's a good balance of predators back there to hold them off.
I haven't fed Cherry Bomb since I transplanted her into the ground as I've been amending the garden soil with compost and composted sheep manure for years.

Thanks for checking in!
Happy happy plants!
:welldone:

Looking great!

space-grow-08-july-2022-jpg.2549533
I've been meaning to put something like this up for a little while, as I was sure I had bigger plants in 2022.
But it looks like they're pretty comparable. I'm hoping these won't get to 6'6" though.
full
Hi Mel :ciao:
Your plants are looking most excellent - I'm particularly fond of Cherry Bomb for the flavour and mellow smoke

What a nice scene on your patio and what looks like comfortable seating.

I'd spend hours out there watching plant. Much better than watching TV! :Rasta:

You angling for an invite?

If you are, and are successful, let me know and I'll go plant watching with ya!

We've been dealing with the remnants of hurricane Beryl for the last couple of days, which means overcast, rainy, and humid.
Luckily there hasn't been much wind.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Pressed post reply by accident. I'm just going to roll with it.

Godzilla Glue #4

The extra pics of Space Lemons and Godzilla Glue #4 show what I meant about zigzag growth preparing for flower. Normally the branches continue to grow straight despite the alternating nodes (Space Lemons) and then as they get close to flowering they start to zigzag (Godzilla Glue #4).

Hi Mel :ciao:
Your plants are looking most excellent - I'm particularly fond of Cherry Bomb for the flavour and mellow smoke
Thanks Roy!
It was my favourite strain for years until it was dethroned by Blueberry, but it's still in my top 3!

Thanks GDB!
I do spend a lot of time out there!
You angling for an invite?

If you are, and are successful, let me know and I'll go plant watching with ya!
Lol, any time you're heading North of the border let me know!
Cherry Bomb looks absolutely thrilled to lose those restraints and stretch out! :green_heart:
She does! Hopefully whatever's up with her leaves doesn't affect flower!

Looks like I'm going to have one of these in every grow now.
Maybe I just wasn't noticing them before :hmmmm:

Hard to believe that Beryl made it all the way to the great white North! And I was just about to ask about those leaves on the CB. :hmmmm:
It's in Nova Scotia today.
I'm not sure what's causing that to happen. @BeccaBuds mentioned heat stress, and we did have a heat wave shortly before it started. Given that Cherry Bomb is reputed to be resistant to cold, and the temperatures around here are still getting up to the low 30s pretty regularly it seems to fit.

Bright and sunny again today.
Space Lemons is still doing her best to catch up to Godzilla Glue #4, which is almost up to my chin. I'm intending to take a tape measure out there to check their heights from the surface of the soil.
Gorilla Glue #4 is still under attack. Neem oil and slug bait slowed things down, but haven't put a stop to it.
It's either slugs or beetles, but it's happening at night, so I'm not sure which.
I'm considering a neem soil drench to try to give her some systemic resistance.
Other than that I've bumped them all to 5.5g of Mega Crop in 4 litres of water, due to a little bit of lightening to their foliage.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Good morning el Beardo!

You really do put on a great grow show!
Thanks Tra!

Back
Top Bottom