When I went out there this morning to water them I noticed that Godzilla Glue #4 had grown about 5 cm overnight, so after I finished watering them I grabbed a tape measure to get dome heights.
From the soil, Godzilla Glue #4 is 121cm, Space Lemons is 118, and Gorilla Glue #4 is 93cm.
I also forgot to turn off one of the cameras, so I took a (cropped) screenshot of me rigging up a wire on a support on Godzilla Glue #4. It's less accurate than the tape measure, but I can’t forget to bring it out. :)
Screenshot_20240721_111237_Ring.jpg

That should give you an idea how big she is.

That's a flawless looking group, Mel!

Looking forward! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB!
So am I!
It really is :)

And outdoor growing is so much harder than indoor in the fact you control nothing, and Mother Nature can be a right cranky cow.
Thanks Tra!
I've found that the plants and I have very different ideas on what an ideal environment is. It makes finding a good balance indoors a bit difficult.
Growing outdoors, all I have to do is feed them and respond to problems as they arise.
That kind of hands off approach suits me.

Do si dos makes it feel like gravity has been turned up to 11.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Oh, and Godzilla Glue #4 has adult size stigmas showing up, especially near the top. Not in a bunch at the tip yet, but it's looking like that'll happen relatively soon.

Thanks for checking in!

Do si dos makes it feel like gravity has been turned up to 11.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Oh, and Godzilla Glue #4 has adult size stigmas showing up, especially near the top. Not in a bunch at the tip yet, but it's looking like that'll happen relatively soon.

Thanks for checking in!
:bravo:

Them babies look strong! 💪💪💪

They're bringing it Mel! 🫵 da' man!

There's just something awesome about seeing those beauties outside in the natural sunlight isn't there. Looking purdy there!! Lush.
Happy Tuesday!! 😎✌️

:bravo:

Them babies look strong! 💪💪💪
Thanks Preston!
Outdoor growing has always been my favourite way to grow!
Superb - Cherry Bomb, yes please :yummy:
Thanks Roy!
I've really missed having some in my jars!
They're bringing it Mel! 🫵 da' man!
Thanks GDB!
They're doing all the work!
Plants are looking great MH
Thanks con!
There's just something awesome about seeing those beauties outside in the natural sunlight isn't there. Looking purdy there!! Lush.
Happy Tuesday!! 😎✌️
Thanks Scottay!
The Sun's the best for them!
Plants look great Mel. :thumb: 🍋
Thanks Keith!
And so nice of them to grow in size order...like well behaved kindergartners!
Lol, I wish I could say I planned it that way!
Space Lemons giving you a better idea of sex yet?
Nope. No stigmas, but there are some vase shaped preflowers mixed in with the lobster claws.
It's weird, given how long ago the preflowers started to show I would have expected a mature pod or two by now.
I may try something different though...

Pea-sized is quite big enough to sting! :rolleyes:
Yep! You won't catch me out there during it!
Not anymore, at any rate.
UK gets it May-July
I fekin love it when that happens
It used to be pretty rare around here, but we generally get it at least once a year now.
September and October usually, I think. That's when we usually have most of our big storms.

The girls are fine. Cherry Bomb got the worst again, but she's standing now.

Gorilla Glue #4 is starting to bunch up stigmas at the tips of her main shoots. I'm guessing she's maybe a week out from starting to build buds.
Space Lemons is still refusing to show a clear sign of sex.
Godzilla Glue #4 is putting out more stigmas along her main shoots.
Cherry Bomb is closing in on the top of the fence, and still in the preflower stage.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Thanks for looking in!

Gorilla Glue #4 is starting to bunch up stigmas at the tips of her main shoots. I'm guessing she's maybe a week out from starting to build buds.
Space Lemons is still refusing to show a clear sign of sex.
Godzilla Glue #4 is putting out more stigmas along her main shoots.
Cherry Bomb is closing in on the top of the fence, and still in the preflower stage.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Thanks for looking in!
Beautiful. 🍋

The heat has lightened up a bit here, but not as much as I would prefer, especially in the sun.
The problem with Cherry Bomb's leaves has persisted. It's definitely affecting the new growth as well.

Now I'm wondering if it's a virus.
Specifically Alfalfa Mosaic Virus or Cannabis Cryptic Virus, both of which have been detected in cannabis. CCV in Europe, and AMV in British Columbia.
I wasn't able to find much info on them, and most of what I did find was hidden behind paywalls.
The following screenshots are from image searches.
AMV
Screenshot_20240726_114353_Firefox.jpg

CCV
Screenshot_20240726_114523_Firefox.jpg

Any thoughts?

Beautiful. 🍋
Thanks Keith!

Mel, if it's not the Alpha Mosaic virus it's doing a damn good imitation of it's symptoms. :straightface:

Ok. The consensus is that it's mosaic virus.
I don't know much about it, but I know there's no treatment, and no cure.
Even if it doesn't get into the soil, it remains in the root fragments left in the ground after you remove the plant, and it overwinters in perennial weeds.
I won't be able to plant cannabis in this spot again, and with the leafhopper situation, it's likely I'll get it again if I grow outdoors over the summer. I don't know how the other plants aren't showing any signs, but as long as they aren't I'll keep going.
I also have to think about my neighbours. One of them has a plant barely 6 feet away.
Unfortunately Cherry Bomb will have to be culled.
I have more Cherry Bomb seeds, so that's what I'll be growing this autumn/winter.
Looks like this really will end up being Godzilla vs Kong.

Back
Top Bottom