Gorilla Glue #4 is in flower. She's on track to be the earliest I've ever had outdoors.
Space Lemons seems to be stuck.
Godzilla Glue #4 is working on it, but may have an issue. New growth is coming in twisted on the tips on the East side. Because it's just on one side, and we had that hail a few days ago I'm not too worried. There are a few torn fan leaves on that side as well. (Really autocorrect? "Side" should be "dude"?)

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Thanks for stopping by!

Is it all over the plant buddy? If not, I would lop off the arm to try to save the body if that makes any sense. Good luck. The plants are looking lovely otherwise. Happy Monday buddy!! 😎✌️

The plants are looking lovely otherwise. Happy Monday buddy!! 😎✌️
Thanks Scottay!
Is it all over the plant buddy? If not, I would lop off the arm to try to save the body if that makes any sense.
It was all across the plant. Every growing tip. That's why I had to cull her. I wish the cutting I took had rooted, or that I had tried again.
I'll be growing it this Autumn/Winter.
I'm still deciding if I'll grow 2 Cherry Bombs, or one, and another strain.

Well that turned out to be more bomb than cherry, but growing outside can be a crap shoot, especially in the ground. With any luck the potted plants are safe (and female). There are ways to kill leaf hoppers with pyrethrin, and while it's not for the cannabis, it might help with the rest of the garden and next year.
Really autocorrect? "Side" should be "dude"?
My phone thinks that I always mean "id." It doesn't know "I'd" is a word unless I actually type it correctly. 🤷‍♂️

I have another data point for my hypothesis that phytoplasma delays flowering.
Space Lemons has a tiny withered black leaf that was green yesterday, so it looks like it's infected.
Still lots of preflowers without stigmas.

Well that turned out to be more bomb than cherry, but growing outside can be a crap shoot, especially in the ground. With any luck the potted plants are safe (and female). There are ways to kill leaf hoppers with pyrethrin, and while it's not for the cannabis, it might help with the rest of the garden and next year.
🤷‍♂️
I'm thinking I'll give outdoor growing (cannabis) a rest for a year or two.
It's had a few high points, but this year there have been enough setbacks that I'm not really enjoying it.
If I get the opportunity to use another location for outdoor plants then I'll go for it of course, but a break will likely be good for me.

I couldn't figure out how to get here for a minute.
Mimosa really hits hard.
Godzilla Glue #4 is popping stigmas out, and Space Lemons has some larger preflowers near the top. Hopefully that means it'll fully show in a few days.

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Thanks for checking in!

Preflowers on point! I always thought males tended to show first, but that may only be with indoor plants.
That's what I thought, and what I experienced indoors.
That's why I say it's a data point for my speculation that phytoplasma delays flowering.
That said, I haven't had a male outdoors aside for the ones I helped my neighbour sex, year before last. Their preflowers were clearly male early on, so they never made it past veg, especially since he had enough females to fill his plant count with a couple of extra for his buddies "at the lodge".
Maybe I should find a journal or two of outdoor reg seed growers who kept a male or two for breeding.

Crappy weather for pics today, so unless it clears up by early afternoon I'll just wait until tomorrow.
Not sure how in the world I missed out on this!!

But looks like I’ve arrive right in time for the show!!!

Great looking plants Mel!
Welcome Ke0ncp!
We're just getting to the hurry up and wait part of the grow!
Those are nice plants. :thumb: 🍋
Thanks Keith!
@Stunger has grown males outside the last two years as I recall.
His plants were very well behaved, and showed at the same time last year. From his posts around the end of January and early February he had certain signs of sex.
That would be the equivalent to pretty much now. Which is pretty interesting since New Zealand is at about the same latitude South as I am North. If Space Lemons is on a similar schedule as his Mulanje Sherbet was, then we should see clusters of balls forming in the next few days.

The rain stopped for long enough to grab a few pics.
I wondered if I was missing something, so I brought my loupe out with me for a closer look at Space Lemons. There's something starting to form under one of the top preflowers, so I'm expecting that in a couple of days there'll be a cluster of balls there.
Better news, Godzilla Glue #4 is now taller than me, including the SIP, and is really getting a move on when it comes to flower.

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

Thanks for stopping by!

It's raining again, and they're predicting it'll stick around into the afternoon.
I hope this isn't a preview of Autumn.
I grabbed an umbrella and took pics one handed, and I didn't drop my phone! Not even once :D

Gorilla Glue #4

Space Lemons

Godzilla Glue #4

They look like some happy ladies!
Thanks Ke0ncp!
Whatever sex they all are they're looking perfectly cared for!
Thanks Shed!

Back
Top Bottom