GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Hello all.

It's Flip 56 for the Phase II group and I have some unwanted guests. :straightface:

I was thinking the other day that this might be my first profanity-free grow and then I saw this on my Fat Kid's Cake#1:
FKC1 7-18-24 F56 tell tale leaf.JPG

I removed the leaf and looked at her underside under the scope:
FKC1 7-18-24 F56 bug2.jpg

FKC1 7-18-24 F56 bug1.jpg

I don't like 'em whatever they are, and I especially don't like them laying eggs! (I refuse to utter the "s" combination "m" word.)

So out came the Safers Insect Soap! I used all that I had remaining on the FKC1. But I want to treat the other two plants as well. So I'm off to pick up another jug of Safers as soon as I finish this post.

This shit is fucked up! (I sorta' warned you that was coming.) :straightface:

-----------------------------

On a lighter note, the Godberry has a short flowering period. And since I had the scope out I took a bit of her to examine. Don't want her sneaking up on me! :Rasta:
GB 7-18-24 F56 trich shot.jpg

She's good for now, but she's getting close!

-----------------------------------

Thanks for looking in and please excuse my language!

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Flip 56 for the Phase II group and I have some unwanted guests. :straightface:

I was thinking the other day that this might be my first profanity-free grow and then I saw this on my Fat Kid's Cake#1:

I don't like 'em whatever they are, and I especially don't like them laying eggs! (I refuse to utter the "s" combination "m" word.)

So out came the Safers Insect Soap! I used all that I had remaining on the FKC1. But I want to treat the other two plants as well. So I'm off to pick up another jug of Safers as soon as I finish this post.

On a lighter note, the Godberry has a short flowering period. And since I had the scope out I took a bit of her to examine. Don't want her sneaking up on me! :Rasta:

PEACE
Getting there. Trizkit auto is almost 12 weeks. Trichomes not there yet but swelling & getting frosty.

IMG_0096.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

Hello all.

PEACE
Look like spider mites maybe those little rascals!✌️

Hello all.

PEACE
My nemesis!

Motherfuckers!

They are spidermites.

Take off every speckled leaf and move the affected plant. Safers daily.

You need to get a handle on them or they will go through your whole grow like a bad curry in your guts!

Getting there. Trizkit auto is almost 12 weeks. Trichomes not there yet but swelling & getting frosty.

IMG_0096.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg
She looks to be a tasty one, Chef! :Rasta:

So sorry you are fighting them! :eek: Good luck with the insecticide! I hope you can get them under control and keep em away from the buds.

Good morning all.

I surprised myself and didn't lose any sleep last night fretting about my unwanted guests. I've got two things working in my favor:

First, the intruders arrived late to the party.

It's Flip 57 for the group. The Godberry is nearly done and the 2 Fat Kid's Cakes are not that far behind her. Even with their rapid reproduction rates, those punks would have to really hustle to do significant damage from this point forward, especially now that I'll be providing frequent treatments with Safers Insect Soap.

Second, I think I may have gotten them at their ground zero.

I believe that leaf that I removed yesterday was their staging area. Other than that single leaf there was only one more present on that plant that had a few white spots. I removed that one, as well. I could find no others on the FKC#1 and I could find no evidence of their presence on either of the other plants.

All three plants were treated yesterday and the FKC#1 will get sprayed again today.

The plants look clean and happy. And while I'm not ready to breathe a sigh of relief, nor am I ready to down a shot glass of grain alcohol! :Rasta:

NT P2 7-19-24 F57 tent.JPG

I'll need to get some more Safers Insect Soap. The store I went to yesterday didn't have it. I was a bit panicked, however, so I bought what they had. It's a 3 in 1 spray that's supposed to handle (kill) insects, mites and fungus. I've never used it before but hopefully it does what it says.
Safer 3 in 1.JPG

This is the Safer product I've used in the past and the one which I'll be getting later today.
Safer Insect Soap.JPG

---------------------------------

Good catch 👍

Good catch 👍

They are spidermites.

Motherfuckers!

Sorry about the critters. They can do so much, so fast.

So sorry you are fighting them! :eek: Good luck with the insecticide! I hope you can get them under control and keep em away from the buds.

Damn, worst time for unwanted guests. Hope you send those little suckers down the road before they... you know... :thedoubletake:

Safers to the rescue!
Thanks for the thoughts folks!

I'm on it and, surprisingly, I'm not that concerned. My biggest concern when these things occur is always, "Why?" I need to re-examine all of my habits in order to ensure that I'm not the cause. This is especially true now, since I've been working with an outdoor plant.

----------------------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE

I agree!! Big and gorgeous buds!! Happy Smokin'

I hope that was short lived since you found it quick ! Good job Quick Draw ! Plant looking good !
Thanks Smoke. I know from experience that I'm not out of the woods yet. But I can make sure that they have a real hard time multiplying! :Rasta:

Whew I'm back. Maybe. We'll see. Glad you hit those B's fast at ground 0 ! Giant buds galore for the win GDB!
Thanks Stone.

I assume you're feeling better. Nice. :)

I haven’t had a summer grow yet that’s not effected to some degree with spidermites. The secret is not to let them take hold. They can do that within 4 days if left unchecked. So my advice, check daily. Some people here go Def Con 9 at the thought of a random spidermite being in their dried bud, and I agree it’s not ideal to smoke, but we inhale all sorts of toxic shite, including live spidermites lol. If you’re that worried about your lung health - don’t smoke bud lolling!

I spray my grow areas with toxic insecticides too every fortnight. I’m careful to take plants and water sources including drip trays out.

Shed is the bug guy when it comes to treatment. He will know if the sprays you chose are good. I do know you have to rinse after safers.

The plants are looking terrific and nothing better than bugs who are late to the party! Okay, no bugs is better but this is second best. :thumb:
It's a 3 in 1 spray that's supposed to handle (kill) insects, mites and fungus. I've never used it before but hopefully it does what it says.
Watch out for that sulfur and flowers. You definitely don't want to be smoking that. Save it for veg only or return it and stick with the basic stuff.

Good morning and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip 59 for the Phase II group and I now have a tent full of floppers.

The Fat Kid's Cake#1 greeted me with this Sunday morning surprise!
FKC1 7-21-24 F59 flop day.JPG

Nearly half of the plant decided to see if there is anything of interest on the tent floor. 👀

Getting her sorta' back upright was no picnic and now my hands are sticky icky.
FKC1 7-21-24 F59 flop fix.JPG

As I lifted those branches I was really impressed by their individual weights. I certainly ain't gonna' complain about some heavy buds! :Rasta:

Introducing The Floppettes!
NT P2 7-21-24 F59 tent.JPG

I put a piece of the FKC1 under the scope to check where she is. She seems mostly cloudy but a lot of clears remain.

FKC1 7-21-24 F59 trich (3).jpg
FKC1 7-21-24 F59 trich (1).jpg

FKC1 7-21-24 F59 trich (2).jpg

Best of all, I didn't see anything crawling around when I scoped her! :yahoo:

--------------------------------

I haven’t had a summer grow yet that’s not effected to some degree with spidermites.
I've had much more experience dealing with those pests than I would have liked Tra. :straightface:
Watch out for that sulfur and flowers. You definitely don't want to be smoking that. Save it for veg only or return it and stick with the basic stuff.
I'm gonna keep it and use it on Stella for a while!

----------------------------------

Thanks for visiting and have yourself a pleasant, relaxing Sunday!

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom