GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

An insurance adjuster with a press would declare it a total loss and offer to take it to the dump for you, y'know, as a favor. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't wait to see the ooze!
Too funny Shed! Vinny the insurance adjuster. 😁

It's Flip 32 for the Phase II group.

As you may know I've been watching the progression of yellowing "shag" leaves on both the Fat Kid's Cakes.

By yesterday, the FKC2 had shed so many of her shags that she revealed herself for what she is: a lollipopped plant.
FKC2 6-23-24 F31.JPG

By contrast, the FKC1 seems to have slowed the progression and is trying to hang on to more of her shags.
FKC1 6-24-24 F32.JPG

I don't typically get too deep in the weedz. But I do enjoy taking note of what I observe and trying to figure out if there's a causal relationship between what I do to the plants and how the plants respond. Sometimes, like I'm about to do now, I even come up with a cockamamie theory for what I see occurring. I'll admit that my theories do not even rise to the level of bro-science, but that doesn't stop me from formulating them! :)

So as to the 2 FKCs, while they may look similar they were trained in different ways (sort of). On the FKC2 I only left a max of 5 nodes on each main flowering branch but I left a large number of shag leaves on her. On the FKC1 I also left a large number of shags, but each of her main flowering branches has 7 or 8 nodes remaining to produce buds.

So what's my theory? The FKC2, has fewer flowers developing and those that are begin higher up on the plant than the FKC1. So the FKC2 knows that those lower shags are not needed to support any flowering site of their own and not one the next node up or even the next node up after that (and so on), so it's sucking them dry quicker and pulling all their goodies up the plant to provide help where it is needed. But many of the shags on the FKC2 are still right below or almost right below where bud building is going on and their presence is more needed for support. So it's trying to hold on to those shags much longer.

Don't say I didn't warn you up front. I can hear you now, "GDB must have eaten a Zoot Bomb cookie for breakfast." 😁

I do realize that a lot of those decimated shags existed in the shadows and a lack of light also likely contributed to their early demise. But I stand by what I'm saying because of what I'm seeing now.

Have at it! Shred my theory if you see fit. I won't get upset and, in fact, I'd love to hear what you think!

In any event, I will not be deterred from offering my take on things! :Rasta:

-------------------------

The little Godberry shows signs of dropping a few of her lowers. But I've already removed most if not all of what I deem "shag" leaves because they were blocking my view of the soil due to her short structure.
GB 6-24-24 F32.JPG

She remains a green that's a little lighter than I think ideal. At this point, considering the other two plants are a nice healthy green, I'm wondering if the GB's light green is a genetic thing. The increased dosage of MaxiBloom seems to have had no effect as far as darkening her up a bit.

Per the Maxi feed schedule there's still room for another increase in the Bloom dosage if I want to go that route. I'm giving it some thought.

------------------------------

Thanks for having a look!

PEACE

Highya GDB,

Love that story! I do that all the time! I refer to it as trying to figure things out. With cause and effect, I see an effect, and try to understand the cause. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong. No harm done!! I've been surprised in things that get figured out. Especially when growing cannabis, nice to get all that bud at harvest time because you have figured out some things through the years!!
Love your ladies! FKC's look like they're packing on the buds. So much pistils everywhere. Yum!! And I agree with Stone about the "buddiest" plant. For not growing tall, she's making up for it with wall-to-wall buds!! Very nice! Happy Smokin'

Hello all.

It's Flip 33 for the Phase II girls.

I fully expected to open the tent today and see the FKC1 either dropping or beginning to drop a bunch of shag leaves. That would have blown my long-winded "theory" from yesterday out of the water -- quick, fast and in a hurry. But that didn't happen. She's still holding on to all the shags that were there yesterday. (BTW, the FKC2 didn't drop any more during the night either. However she is getting one more ready for dismissal.)

NT P2 6-25-24 F33 tent.JPG

---------------------------------

I truly didn't understand. I'd like to reserve my hogwash for a later time please? Give it to me another way.
Basically that the FKC1's shags are in closer proximity to flowering branches that enjoy their support so she's trying to hold on to them longer. While many of the shag leaves on FKC2 were nowhere near flowering branches so the plant said the hell with them, I'll take what they've got and use it higher up on the plant and I'll just let them go.

It's all in fun Stone -- trying to think like a plant! :Rasta:

I do that all the time! I refer to it as trying to figure things out. With cause and effect, I see an effect, and try to understand the cause. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong. No harm done!!
True dat, Bode. No harm done!
Love your ladies! FKC's look like they're packing on the buds. So much pistils everywhere. Yum!! And I agree with Stone about the "buddiest" plant. For not growing tall, she's making up for it with wall-to-wall buds!! Very nice! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode. She's putting on a show, a short show! 😁

The buds look bigger and better without the extra leaves ? :)
If that's a question Smoke, I say yes!
She is thick for sure!! 💯
Thanks Scottay. A pleasant "little" surprise is she! :Rasta:

---------------------------

PEACE

Have at it! Shred my theory if you see fit.
Sounds logical to me- although- the leaves that are farthest from the buds may also be the ones getting inadequate light...so it may be hard to narrow down exactly which condition is actually causing them to fall off...:hmmmm:

FKC's look good (yellow leaf and all)👍

That little Godberry is awesome...:cool:
I don't know if I'd try and green her up or not- she's doing so well...
...but she may need a little something as flowering progresses..

Back
Top Bottom