Four Fine Fall Phillies

Hi gaz, If I'm growing an indica I want a good strong couchlocking nighttime sleep inducing med so I wait for 30 to 50% amber if I have the patience. The crosses I go all milky to just a tad amber. Depends on how I'm going to use it. I only use the sugar leaves after trimming but one day I'm going to figure out if I want to do that.
Thats nice man, ive..ive kept ton if leafs, gonna mill them up and try with my wheatabix lmao

Thats nice man, ive..ive kept ton if leafs, gonna mill them up and try with my wheatabix lmao

i'm gonna try use everything i can. a couple of my friends have been encouraging me to try use everything including the fan leaves. they are trying to convince to do everything from extract oils, to making salads with the stuff i normally just toss. i got a pile of learning to do tho.

i'm gonna try use everything i can. a couple of my friends have been encouraging me to try use everything including the fan leaves. they are trying to convince to do everything from extract oils, to making salads with the stuff i normally just toss. i got a pile of learning to do tho.
@newty and @SweetSue both put the whole plant to good use. I have lots of learning to do there too.

There are trichomes with oils on every square inch of the plant, and now we’re beginning to suspect there may be unnoticed CBDa in the roots, so yeah....every part of the plant can be used as medicine or food in one respect or another.

Question is, do you really need to push yourself that hard and put that pressure on yourself to produce something from all parts? If your curiosity takes you exploring all the better. I’ve come to the conclusion that a compost heap is a wonderful thing for utilizing an entire plant. Lol!

Cannabis may be the most diversified plant in terms of usability. Keeps life interesting, don’t it? :slide:

In the past we smoked every blessed bit we put our money out there for, except the seeds. Even branches were chopped into tiny bits and combusted. Fans were harvested for smoking in desperate times before I had any idea what we were really growing. I was pretty good at a quick dry. :battingeyelashes:

I also use the entire plant, but what does not go into my stash jars or oil production, and now cannabis pipe production, goes right back into my compost pile. This adds all of the goodness back into my super soil to be used by the next generation of plants, and my supersoil continues to get better and better as time goes on. Nothing at all, gets thrown out for the trash company to see. I am so anal about this, that I gather up all cannabis related trash and shred anything with my name on it into a separate bin, and I toss it into an apartment dumpster down the street from me.

There are trichomes with oils on every square inch of the plant, and now we’re beginning to suspect there may be unnoticed CBDa in the roots, so yeah....every part of the plant can be used as medicine or food in one respect or another.

Question is, do you really need to push yourself that hard and put that pressure on yourself to produce something from all parts? If your curiosity takes you exploring all the better. I’ve come to the conclusion that a compost heap is a wonderful thing for utilizing an entire plant. Lol!

Cannabis may be the most diversified plant in terms of usability. Keeps life interesting, don’t it? :slide:

In the past we smoked every blessed bit we put our money out there for, except the seeds. Even branches were chopped into tiny bits and combusted. Fans were harvested for smoking in desperate times before I had any idea what we were really growing. I was pretty good at a quick dry. :battingeyelashes:
Thanks Sue. I bought many bags of pure leaves in my day. Yuk

I also use the entire plant, but what does not go into my stash jars or oil production, and now cannabis pipe production, goes right back into my compost pile. This adds all of the goodness back into my super soil to be used by the next generation of plants, and my supersoil continues to get better and better as time goes on. Nothing at all, gets thrown out for the trash company to see. I am so anal about this, that I gather up all cannabis related trash and shred anything with my name on it into a separate bin, and I toss it into an apartment dumpster down the street from me.
I thought of your growth mix using dandelion greens and since I do some severe strips when I scrog I could use the plant herself.

Solution to fixing a Calcium deficiency
To fix a calcium deficiency you can treat by foliar feeding with one teaspoon of dolomite lime or Garden lime per quart of water,
Thanks otter...great solution!

On the fan leaves topic, I found that they were too weak to bother using for fan leaf oil (though newty uses them to make a less potent oil). I save my leaves, stems, and roots to make topical skin salves. They don't contain the high THC I need for pain oil, but the whole plant (whole rest of the plant) oil works better on hives, burns, and bites than the pain oil does.

On the fan leaves topic, I found that they were too weak to bother using for fan leaf oil (though newty uses them to make a less potent oil). I save my leaves, stems, and roots to make topical skin salves. They don't contain the high THC I need for pain oil, but the whole plant (whole rest of the plant) oil works better on hives, burns, and bites than the pain oil does.

thanks for that info. i was wondering exactly that.

Thanks otter...great solution!

One day I'll get into the topicals with you. Between my wife and I we can use both. I'm juggling as much as I can today but soon.

It's THE DAY here at the otter farm. As I took the pic below the lights went out and I set the timer to 12/12. Lights will be coming on at 6:00pm and run through the night for keeping warm purposes. I took a profile pic to see what they look like in time. In 3 weeks or so they should be very different. How much? I don't know never having grown either of them. I tried to get them to get to around 6 inches from the net. It's a compromise with the mixed group. Some more, some a little less. It became time. The other thing that happened was the noted increase in water retention. Going from holding a little more than a half gallon to more than a gallon tells me my efforts to grow roots have been successful (Thanks Emilya) and if I wanted to flip before, it would have been early.
Before flip.

Back
Top Bottom