First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

LOL, order away, I assure you, no regrets with a grow lab. I heard good things about secret jardin too. I can only speak for grow labs and this thing rocks. I can't wait to have a simple HID setup too. I'm planning on doing a SOG next.

Me too. I love CFL's but I have a ton. I just picked up 4 more to make it a total 18!! Actually Im switching some out for 2700K's.

They're great but that's what I'm hating about them, you need A LOT. One HID fixture would not only make up for it, but also give better nugs. Damn, sign me up for one lol. I just want the first harvest to be pure led/cfl so I can compare nug quality later. I'll just sell all the lights I have and I'm sure that's enough for a good 600W air cooled hid fixture. Probably in a month or so..

hey everyone just trying to get some advice on what is causing this burning on our leaves. we are using FF happy frog soil and using the whole FF nutrient line up. they are week 5 clones growing under a combo of florescent and an LED grow panel. we are balancing the ph at 6-6.5. humidity is kept around 50% and temps are around 70-80 degrees. i started 12/12 lights monday. there are 2 strains, one is a ak47 seed that is actually like 2 months old. she was stressed early on in life. then there are 2 trip diesel clones. here are some pics.

photo_550.JPG
this is the ak47

photo_3119.JPG

photo_2157.JPG

photo_495.JPG

photo_1188.JPG

thanks ahead of time for any advice given!!!!

p.s. there are no bugs! already checked

hey bro go to my blog there is a good chart of nute problems. you should judge for your self so I dont steer you wrong.anyway ff is kinda finnicky stuff so I try not to go strong till she realy has leaves like a bush.
hope you get it worked out:)

hey everyone just trying to get some advice on what is causing this burning on our leaves. we are using FF happy frog soil and using the whole FF nutrient line up. they are week 5 clones growing under a combo of florescent and an LED grow panel. we are balancing the ph at 6-6.5. humidity is kept around 50% and temps are around 70-80 degrees. i started 12/12 lights monday. there are 2 strains, one is a ak47 seed that is actually like 2 months old. she was stressed early on in life. then there are 2 trip diesel clones. here are some pics.

photo_550.JPG
this is the ak47

photo_3119.JPG

photo_2157.JPG

photo_495.JPG

photo_1188.JPG

thanks ahead of time for any advice given!!!!

p.s. there are no bugs! already checked

I really hate giving advice that I'm not sure of. The last thing I want to be is a source of flimsy advice :).
1- Please feel free to post on my thread asking for help, no problem there. It would make me very happy if I can assist in any possible way.
2- I'm sorry buddy, some of the pictures don't look too good. Very minor problems, but you do have problems that's for sure.

My take on this is usually based on fishcake's pictorial of deficiencies and some express google work lol, here goes:

-The bent over leaves with some random spots on them suggest Cal/Mag dual deficiency.
-The leaf with yellowing eating up from the outside > inwards, is usually classic nute burn or sudden pH changes. A sudden change in buffer pH in humans would easily kill them, so think about what it would do to plants, who have very poor means of resisting sudden environmental changes. (compared to humans, that is)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take my advice for truth. The last person I want to be is the guy who killed somebody's plants with shitty advice. I'm just working with you to "try" and diagnose your problems. I would wait for a couple of experienced comments to better assess the situation.
All the best Mr. Outragedpluto << LOL! @ outragedpluto

Some updates:
Diva's hair is turning orange, and she's smelling sweet! and by sweet, I don't mean good, I mean actually sweet lol :) Hints of blueberry punch me in the face every time I open up the tent. Lovely aroma, started with a mild skunky smell, developed into a citrusy scent, then finally, this thing smells like straight blueberries haha. I'm exaggerating of course, but you guys know what I mean. I'm guessing Diva is about 2-2.5 weeks from harvest. I'll be giving one last feeding of Tiger Bloom. Then Molasses for a week. (PS: I've been including molasses the past week as well). Then Flush Flush Flush for 10 days or so.

Blueberry and Siberian definitely not well lol. I really don't mind this. My first 3 plants taught me so much (just like everybody else). I was super ready when it came to info and theory, but only practice shows first hand mistakes. They look like they're going to make it, leaves perking up again, buds spreading their pistils instead of just droopy pistils and leaves. I noticed some trichomes starting to form on blueberry. I don't expect to yield much from these 2 plants. I don't, however, consider them a loss or a "fail" in any way. I'm sure everybody here already knows that if a plant teaches you a solid lesson and doesn't bud, then hey, you're still a winner. I'm going to give them their time and see how the buds come together.

The younger sisters, all sprouted around September 12'th I think? either 12 or 13, all 3 were above soil. AK auto (the one from seedmakers; other banks make similar named strains), is very petite. She was an inch taller than my pack of cigs and already started flowering. Not gona be a yielder, but she's looking very healthy, a skinny short strain with very little leaves on her. You can't help but smile when you see her at 6 inches and already covered in pistils on every node and side branch :laughtwo: Her sister Flash Babylon is looking gooood. Standing next to AK (same age) giving her an "I shall call him, mini-me!" *insert evil laugh* kind of look.
Babylon got really bushy, and then stretched out an inch every night for almost a week now, and still going. She's 2 inches short of Diva, who's about to finish flowering soon, and just started showing preflower sites on branches and mini pre-canopy. B Lee is a little behind Babylon in size, but she has a very similar phenotype. Finally, Big Devil, still looking very normal and just about to start the auto growth madness (aka week 4).
I probably blabbered a lot and made mistakes here n there as I think I took too much medicine lol. Breaking in a new bong on a thursday night. I'm going to need a caffeine IV at work tomorrow :laughtwo: I just know some of you are actually looking at this and want specific strain growth patterns so there goes.
Happy growing :grinjoint: I hope this helped someone if they're looking for strain traits to choose from.

Thank you ismokes for the advice. Your advice matches what others have said. I will cut back on the nutes and see where it goes from there. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!!!

P.s. I have already killed 3 plants so I'm not worried about someone helping me on that front hahaha.

ISmokes,
Looking good with the diva! The other girls seem to be ok by your report. My Siberian is the tallest but the flowers are lacking in size. She is the late bloomer so maybe the nutes will help. How is this compared to your girl? Im not adding the PH up when I feed today. I need to start now! My BigBang just pushed through the soil!! Keep up the great advice!

I use molasses from getgo helps microbial bacteria grow in your soil.
just some fyi:)

Just started reading about the molasses. Im gonna check it out

always use it. each and every watering. but thats me.
I do recomend a good tbs per gallon. get the unsalphured molasses cheap and organic:)

oh and thank you spring for the reps

Yep, just as fish cake said, make sure it's organic and unsulphured. It's just chains of sugar on a molecular level. Some people say it makes the smoke smoother and the aroma richer. Your soil dwellers will love it, that's for sure.

Thank you ismokes for the advice. Your advice matches what others have said. I will cut back on the nutes and see where it goes from there. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!!!

P.s. I have already killed 3 plants so I'm not worried about someone helping me on that front hahaha.

LOL sorry about your plants man. Start a journal, that's the best way to get advice if you're new to this. Best part is, you'll always find a few people who started growing the same time you did. You'll be comparing with them and sharing tips and tricks + experienced growers will know how to respond better. If all they see is a picture, it's quite difficult to narrow down to a problem unless it was too obvious. With a journal, everybody will know exactly how you're growing, and they'll be able to give you better advice. Cheers :grinjoint:

ISmokes,
Looking good with the diva! The other girls seem to be ok by your report. My Siberian is the tallest but the flowers are lacking in size. She is the late bloomer so maybe the nutes will help. How is this compared to your girl? Im not adding the PH up when I feed today. I need to start now! My BigBang just pushed through the soil!! Keep up the great advice!

Man this Siberian is confusing me. She's really big but droopy and "flimsy". You know what I mean? Just one of her branches is the size of my Diva, but the nugs are so slim and elongated. Sativa traits? The nugs are no way near maturity, still very fragile and basically bundles of pistils (no actually nug mass forming). But they're alllll over the stems. If this plant takes a good turn with me and actually starts putting some weight on those flower sites, then we're looking at "one of those autos". She was screaming for defoliation. I had to cut a lot of fan leaves off just to let the plant breathe. I've done that twice so far. But all in all my Siberian doesn't look too healthy.
Good news with the big bang! I can't wait to see how that turns out. Did you give her a bigger-than-average pot? Let her grow to her full extent.

Man this Siberian is confusing me. She's really big but droopy and "flimsy". You know what I mean? Just one of her branches is the size of my Diva, but the nugs are so slim and elongated. Sativa traits? The nugs are no way near maturity, still very fragile and basically bundles of pistils (no actually nug mass forming). But they're alllll over the stems. If this plant takes a good turn with me and actually starts putting some weight on those flower sites, then we're looking at "one of those autos". She was screaming for defoliation. I had to cut a lot of fan leaves off just to let the plant breathe. I've done that twice so far. But all in all my Siberian doesn't look too healthy.
Good news with the big bang! I can't wait to see how that turns out. Did you give her a bigger-than-average pot? Let her grow to her full extent.

My Siberian is the same exactly. When I had major leaves they would droop much of the time. Every few days they would perk up. The flower sites are the same as well. There everywhere! I hope they both take a turn for the better because your right there will be a nice yield for an auto! Thats why I stripped her. Now all the flowers have light! I put the BigBang in a 3 gallon smart pot. I should have gone bigger but my space is restricted now.:cheesygrinsmiley:

This is very reassuring. I guess it's just the strain's normal traits. I kinda lost hope when I saw her droopy for a couple weeks. You're right about the leaves too, all the bud sites got exposed when I clipped them. My siberian is about 3 times as big as any other plant in the garden. (in volume)
Can't wait to see how that big bang goes! :grinjoint:

How do you guys feed nutrients? I was wondering about the amount of solution you add to each pot. We always mention concentration in tsp/gal, but we never talked about volumes. I think that was my mistake lol :). I treated nutes exactly like watering. I would only feed once a week (water about 3 times a week). But I would run the nute solution until it drains just like I do on my regular watering.
I was reading another thread and I think he mentioned he uses 1 gallon of nute solution for every 5 plants he has (he's also using FF trio in 3gal FFOF).

is use bpn, now i mix up a gallon and water the plants till their is some run off, i make sure the pots are in a dish so they can soak the run off up, then what ever is left after about an hour i tip away, so id water till their is some run off but water slow so it waters the soil and dont just drain out the bottom like happened to me a while back, i thought i was watering enough as i was getting loads of run off, but i found the water was not watering the plant it was just running out the bottom, so now i water slowly over the whole surface of the pot, then as soon as i see run off coming out the bottom i then put the plant in a dish and let it soak up what it wants then take it out the dish, then i leave it for a few days, around 4 with mine.

i use bpn and this can be used with every feed but i have found every other feed is just as good, with autos i have read they prefer moist soil and week nutes, if you let the soil dry out they stop growing, i tried this and they do stop growing, they prefer a moist soil and weak nutes, i start at 1/4 strength and work my way up, in the end i can give them full strength but this is when the plant is well into flower,.

i water about a litre to each 3 gallon pot, this seems to be about the level for my plants in them pots

Back
Top Bottom