First Grow - 400W HID

No worries :) this thread is open to any and all conversations ;)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
In that case, if I ever experience hermies on a repeated basis I may have to try the green lighting just to see what happens. I haven't found anything online proving or disproving the theory. I guess we'll have to create that data.

My crew and I always use green light if plant has potential to herm. Maybe absorb was the wrong word it's more like over power the other light that is leaking in.

My crew and I always use green light if plant has potential to herm. Maybe absorb was the wrong word it's more like over power the other light that is leaking in.
I think you're probably in the realm of dissipating the light by flooding the room with unusable photons and those photons will collide and bounce around the other light and some of it may never make it to the plants before they get absorbed by something else in the room.

I think you're probably in the realm of dissipating the light by flooding the room with unusable photons and those photons will collide and bounce around the other light and some of it may never make it to the plants before they get absorbed by something else in the room.
Either way, I'm gonna grab a couple of green bulbs .

An update on White Island (still under veg alongside a few clones. (dark night and sour diesel) I began to low stress White Island a lot and I also removed a lot of the leaves

420-magazine-mobile1201469787.jpg

420-magazine-mobile646610284.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1443088046.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1087482026.jpg

Also I think I'm going to do a daily photo update from now on so I can really see the transformation as we go deeper into flower, so just a heads up and apology if it gets annoying to anyone

It's your party, you can do what you want!.

I've read a lot of mixed feedback from people as far as defoliating during veg, a lot of people say it's good and a lot say not to but I've done it to these plants multiple times before even starting the journal and not seen any negative impacts, plus I just figured if this girl is gonna be in veg for another month or two I figured id just try it out and see the outcome ;)

I've read a lot of mixed feedback from people as far as defoliating during veg, a lot of people say it's good and a lot say not to but I've done it to these plants multiple times before even starting the journal and not seen any negative impacts, plus I just figured if this girl is gonna be in veg for another month or two I figured id just try it out and see the outcome ;)

Defoliating does lower Brix. In my opinion brix is mostly important in flower. Having to high of brix can make strange things happen to cannabis.

I just know those leaves are like the plants solar panels. And while they are regrowing leaves they aren't doing much else. I have taken a few in the past to open it up some and promote branching but I don't like to take too much. But like I said, it's just my opinion. And opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

I'm one of the people who feel defoliating plants should be done sparingly. I do it, but only when necessary to allow light to bud sites that I want to nurture further. I tuck leaves as much as possible, but there are times when there are just so many leaves some of them have to go to allow better light penetration. And every now and again a leaf annoys me and just won't stay tucked no matter how many times I reposition it. Then I yank it off as a lesson to all the other leaves. That's right leaves, respect my authoritaaaay! :laughtwo:

I do it on an as needed basis and not a set timeline. If you feel a leaf is keeping light from hitting a bud and tucking isn't an option, remove it. I try to only remove a few at a time though so as not to stress the plant excessively.

I'm one of the people who feel defoliating plants should be done sparingly. I do it, but only when necessary to allow light to bud sites that I want to nurture further. I tuck leaves as much as possible, but there are times when there are just so many leaves some of them have to go to allow better light penetration. And every now and again a leaf annoys me and just won't stay tucked no matter how many times I reposition it. Then I yank it off as a lesson to all the other leaves. That's right leaves, respect my authoritaaaay! :laughtwo:

I do it on an as needed basis and not a set timeline. If you feel a leaf is keeping light from hitting a bud and tucking isn't an option, remove it. I try to only remove a few at a time though so as not to stress the plant excessively.

Haha That made me laugh :biglaugh:
Is there a point where defoliation can permanently damage or cripple a plant?

Hi Grant: Nice lst, I am going to cut a few leaves off my MG today. I cant tuck, or lst the way the plant is so short and bushy. Cheers great grow! Peace Out!

Back
Top Bottom