FelipeBlu's Auto Jack & Kryptonite, PSMini LED, Root Pouch, Recipe 420

subbed in I recently bought psmini... currently using it alongside a 400hps as supplemental lighting but will be interesting to see what u pull with just the mini plants are all looking good so far.

subbed in I recently bought psmini... currently using it alongside a 400hps as supplemental lighting but will be interesting to see what u pull with just the mini �� plants are all looking good so far.

Welcome Slinks! Thanks for checking in. That’s great that you have a Mini! I know they’re out there, but I haven’t seen too many grows (except Neil’s) or reviews. How long have you had it and what’s your impression so far? My wife just texted me that mine has been delivered this morning. I can hardly wait to get home! :yahoo:

check my journal I'm on day 14 after flip. I added the mini alongside the hps just before flip. not enough evidence to suggest anything but I got two different strains under the mini and two at back so I'm hoping if light is good enough I will see a definately improvement in buds under his spectrum
20180123_183524.jpg

Beautiful garden Slinks! I can only hope.

I’ll be running the Mini by itself. Well, maybe with a couple CFLs if I need to bump the temp. So this should give us some idea of what it’s capable of. Neil claims 1g/W is pretty easy. I hope I can do right by his light.

I should add I tried red n blue leds a few years ago now and was 100% shit... I figured 200 dollars weren't that bad.. I'm gonna do a proper test on its own next if it doesn't do what it says then we will soon find out. I can easily pull 4oz+ off a plant under 250 hps I've had over 9oz off my 250 watt hps before. this light is the equivalent I guess so u should be looking at 100g+ of dried nice bud if your grow goes smooth

Thanks very much for your support Slinks! I try to approach things with a beginner’s mind - accumulating knowledge and using it to inform and improve what I already know. My general gardening philosophy is the result of learning from others and trying things out to see if/how they work.
So bring it on! I’m open!

Well, my new Mini arrived. :cheer: So it turned out to be some enjoyable time spent taking down the old and putting up the new. To give the plants a chance to get used to the increase in light intensity, I put them on the outside of the Mini’s footprint, with the light as high as it will go, in my 4-foot high tent.

So that’s that. Next, I had planned to start LST on the Kryptonite. The timing is right. I want to open up the first and second nodes to more light and room to grow. I have some green soft plant ties, but it’s too thick to go through this delicate area, what with the tender young side stem growth. So I reverted to my old standby - string. I used it on my last LST, and monitored carefully for any tissue damage. The little I saw was scarred over and presented no problems as far as disease.
Shed, I picked a purty one for you:

And lastly, the Jack Herer’s pot felt very light, so I weighed it. It was 18.8# (initial weight was 18.2# and the starting saturated weight was 23.4# back on 1/11). So I gave J her first drink with pH 6.5 adjusted water, including 2 ml/l ProteKt and 25 ml/l homemade worm/kelp tea. I was going to top her, but I couldn’t get a clear cut of the stem tonight.

So much fun!

Thanks for the info Shed. There’s dolomite lime in the Recipe 420, and Epsom salt and very finely ground roasted eggshell in my booster soil mix in the bottom of the pot. I will probably start adding a bit of Epsom salt to the twice/week foliar spray during veg. This should act as a preventative for Mag def, at least.

Day 10 for the JH. I want to top as soon as I’m confident that I won’t accidentally snip one or both of the side stems. Not there yet for me. I’m not interested in a FIM. So I’ll just wait a bit longer.

187A667A-71E5-49DE-9B56-95F15EC0D23A.jpeg

Day 15 for the Kryptonite. She loosened her bonds overnight, so a little re-tightening was in order.

5DCF3C58-A103-4209-BF43-FD0218318435.jpeg

A3BF3A57-A004-4F1D-89F3-DEE5E772E4A9.jpeg
1A865B67-9D5D-42AB-9078-3A0CCC74C77E.jpeg
8AFA52D0-E836-4547-9E1B-4B4FFC393423.jpeg
D9D46FB4-6064-45E7-999A-7ED2630ACE76.jpeg

Anyone see any problems?

F0EF2581-10FC-48D7-AC51-9D7656EA3A00.jpeg
50D51038-AC06-4A8D-B91D-C290AFF5F258.jpeg

Thanks for visiting! :thanks:

I'm seeing a little bleaching in the middle of the big fans but you just transitioned the lights so it could be that. Keep an eye on it for now and see if it spreads. You still have them out of the direct blast of the LED?

That stem looks to be quite a stalk already. LST may take some time to get that flat if that's where you're going with it. And the little one is giving you nothing to get a snip on! Just when you want some stretch you get tight nodes. Will we ever be happy?

Back
Top Bottom