FelipeBlu's Auto Jack & Kryptonite, PSMini LED, Root Pouch, Recipe 420

Okay, back on topic.

Here’s a shot of Jackie undergoing some ‘light’ training, with a 27W on one side and a 13W on the other. This is preparatory to upcoming bondage.

6F63C702-1BA3-45A2-A401-4FDC26C13259.jpeg

OT, but I don’t want to go off on your journal Shed, where we were discussing 420 site mechanics. Why is it, if I have separate tabs open on different threads, that a) 420 logs me off at all, and b) I have to log back in on every tab? Seems like the server should recognize my ISP once I’ve logged in on one of them (shrug). Rant Off

If you have multiple tabs open and 420 logs you off it means your cookie expired. Log in on one page and then just refresh the other tabs and you're golden.

Okay, back on topic. Here’s a shot of Jackie undergoing some ‘light’ training, with a 27W on one side and a 13W on the other. This is preparatory to upcoming bondage.

Tin. Foil. Hats.

Ha! No, just brass. This is how I started LST on my last auto. They are very trainable when they are young. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of training her around the inside perimeter of the pot. It got very crowded in the middle.

This time, I’m just going to get them near horizontal, and then take the main stem(s) straight out towards the back of the tent. Then I’ll still be able to tend to the pot.

Had to move Krypta into her new digs. She was getting very thirsty in the liter pot. She was starting to demand a drink a day. Hey, I love ya, but I have a life!
Anyway, rootlets were starting to poke out of all 10 drain holes, and she had a healthy roor system infiltrating the soil. I’m reminded now about one possible negative with using this mix with an auto - it crumbles upon removal from the pot. This is fine if you’re dealing with a plant that doesn’t mind having it’s roots messed with, but maybe not an auto. As a result, quite a bit of root pruning occurred during the move. She doesn’t look like she’s complaining yet, but we’ll see what tomorrow brings.
EB84BFA9-1431-49F0-828E-6198A914A0B5.jpeg

Resting after the move. (note the instruments of bondage behind her)

9FCCC540-512D-43C0-AD18-2C5EEC791A4E.jpeg
996204FE-D016-454F-8DF8-B05587EC32A7.jpeg
5726EA8D-1974-4931-B0B4-6B19691C54A4.jpeg

Chillin with Sis (tin hats removed to annoy Shed) :passitleft:
DDFBA525-F786-4522-B31B-97AB1D13C610.jpeg

Thanks Shed. I too have read that about autos. I started my last grow directly in the final pot (like Jackie). When it came time to start this grow, I only had the one 5 gal root pouch. So I thought, what the hey, I’ll see what happens if I test the transplant meme. Krypta seems pretty strong and has a lot of momentum, so let’s see how she does. I’m aiming for at least 1g/W for each plant. If Jackie gets that easily and Krypta struggles to get more than half, I think we’ll agree that there might be something to it.

But I can tell you right now, if Krypta keels over. I believe that I’ll be starting my autos in their final pot from now on. Probably will anyway, because I like using this crumbly mix, and it’s a bit traumatic for both of us.

Welcome Moonshine! Thanks for coming by. Pull up a chair and spark one.

Yeah, I’ve been using a gritty mix like this for years. I too had a tendency to overwater. It’s an essential mix for all the house plants, which drink so slowly, they would be sitting in wet, sour soil otherwise. Outside, all the woody-stemmed plants, like the potted lemon and lime trees, love it. I had a red sweet pepper plant that over-wintered 5 years. Every spring, I would pull it out of the pot, prune the roots, put it in fresh mix, and stand back.

For this application, I’ll have to see how it works. If the autos really are sensitive to root pruning, I’ll just have to stick to starting them in their final pot. Jackie and the previous grow seemed to do just fine with that.

Good morning fellow growers,
It’s a beautiful mid-winter morning in NorCal.

Well, Krypta looks a bit droopy, but not complaining too much yet about last night’s manipulation.

140E805A-7923-40F9-9C1F-0E59F41CD959.jpeg

And so she doesn’t feel left out, here’s Jackie - 1 week old today.

3858E002-7F20-4F37-A80F-EA37D0DB6547.jpeg

Welcome Moonshine! Thanks for coming by. Pull up a chair and spark one.

Yeah, I’ve been using a gritty mix like this for years. I too had a tendency to overwater. It’s an essential mix for all the house plants, which drink so slowly, they would be sitting in wet, sour soil otherwise. Outside, all the woody-stemmed plants, like the potted lemon and lime trees, love it. I had a red sweet pepper plant that over-wintered 5 years. Every spring, I would pull it out of the pot, prune the roots, put it in fresh mix, and stand back.

For this application, I’ll have to see how it works. If the autos really are sensitive to root pruning, I’ll just have to stick to starting them in their final pot. Jackie and the previous grow seemed to do just fine with that.

wow ... you are venturing into dangerous terrain there ... i wouldnt mess with autos roots to much ... it will cost you yield .... autos dont have the time to recuperate in veg to add more roots ... and basically smaller roots means smaller harvests ( especially in autos!! )
in my opinion ... the roots are the most important thing in cannabis growing ... happy roots = happy harvester ... think about it ... how is that pot size can decide plant size ??? how is it that the medium can decide plant size ( soil < coco < hydro < aero ) ... it all boils down to the roots ... keep that in mind when growing ... the roots have a major impact on your harvest AND act as a primary limiting factor ( meaning even if you do everything else perfect if the roots stay small so will the plant and in the end also the harvest)... ive seen plants with rootaphids aged 50+ days that looked like a weekling sprout ... the grower tried everything and did as much as he could ... only he never found he had rootaphids and so the harvest would have ended in like 1g if he had not aborted her... she had like the full 20 pistils ....

Thanks for your concern Pterostychus. It’s a very good feeling when people I’ve never met care so much about the welfare of my little girl.

I hear ya. As I mentioned above, unless I scored a couple of seeds of the same auto strain, I don’t think I’ll transplant autos again. But this grow, let’s see what happens.

Not as nice today, so just kicking back with the ladies. :volcano-smiley:

Not droopy anymore. This one is on a mission. She’s right back to cranking out new growth like nothing happened. Hope there isn’t some kind of delayed reaction, but in my experience, transplant shock comes on pretty fast.

F667D561-E217-48AA-8EAA-762087F559CA.jpeg

F7D49143-C847-4020-B8D5-575CDD715F39.jpeg

And ‘light training’ continues as Jackie’s 2nd set gets longer.

6BAA8A37-29D5-4F62-8D6B-72AD47E8DF6E.jpeg

1682E73D-9EFA-48E4-814E-EDB32DBD2E1E.jpeg

Actually Shed, if I had 2 seeds of the same auto strain, I would probably try this again. Just to make it a legit experiment.

For science!

Hey Shed, This is for you buddy. Thanks!

Nice hats! Thanks for that :). I feel better now...

And 'light training' continues as Jackie's 2nd set gets longer.

When you train, you need to support the stem about an inch off the soil so it's straight up until that point. Some folks use a rock and lay it over that and some put a tie on the opposite side to the bend to keep it straight. I've used both but I like to use a rock to support the oppo tie 1" up so it doesn't slip to soil level.

Hope you had a great Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom