Emmy Finally Goes Auto, Convinced Because Of Its Name!

So, how much do Autos stretch? Should I be thinking about putting her under my trigger lights in the bloom room for a week or two as bloom starts up?
My girls on my last grow averaged about 24" of stretch. Shortest ended up @ 30" tall, a Purple Silverback.

PS horizontal 13 Apr web.jpg

Tallest was my Gorilla Glue at over 46" tall.

GG#4 right side horizontal.jpg

Cheers

The cotyledons are just that... node 0
The next node, the first "true leaves" are the first node.

I look at the topping process as a way to slow the plant down a bit too, so that it works on getting bigger and bushier rather than taller, before it heads into bloom and starts stretching on me. Some say I will stunt the plant out by looking at it wrongly... so we will see. I am in new territory here, but I have seen others top theirs, so I will too.
Interesting. I didn’t know that. I have always called the first (often three point) leaf node one. So I’ve been topping above five by this definition not four. Good to know.

I missed the how much do autos stretch question. The answer is exactly the same as photos. In fact, almost everything about flower, including how long, is the same as photos.

IF the auto is healthy and solid.

As I know yours is. You also should get 32-35 days before real pistils with that Double XL. You’re off the ground now. It’s a photo that you’re flipping on day 35 or so. Nothing is different now. But they’re generally a smaller end plant than a photo. If the trigger lights retard stretch I would not do that with autos. The more the stretch the better the yield with every one I’ve grown.

Edit: if I hadn’t trained Titan as I have she’d have outgrown the tent she’s in.

Interesting. I didn’t know that. I have always called the first (often three point) leaf node one. So I’ve been topping above five by this definition not four. Good to know.
This has been debated quite a bit in the past. I have seen node 1's growth, as I count it, grow up to reach the canopy... so I can not be convinced that this is not the first node. Others say it has to be counted from the first 3 pointed leaf... whatever works I guess... but we really should standardize on at least this. Sadly, we never have... sort of like flushing and phing.

This has been debated quite a bit in the past. I have seen node 1's growth, as I count it, grow up to reach the canopy... so I can not be convinced that this is not the first node. Others say it has to be counted from the first 3 pointed leaf... whatever works I guess... but we really should standardize on at least this. Sadly, we never have... sort of like flushing and phing.
Lmao! Agreed! What’s flushing? :laugh:

Our auto is starting to suck up water pretty fast.... I think that after 9 days of dribbles and drabs that she will finally be ready for her first proper watering. Pictures tomorrow. These pictures are from the other thread... I messed up and put them here by mistake.

DSCF0978.JPG

DSCF0977.JPG

DSCF0976.JPG
Can’t wait to see how she’s doing Em :)

Our Auto keeps getting bigger and seems to be gaining some speed doing that too. She still hasn't managed to drain the cup though. I am going to make her earn that drink. See that Purple Kush seedling in the background?
DSCF0991.JPG

That small plant has already managed to drain the cup the first time. It just got a drink this morning. The Auto did not. Maybe tomorrow. She doesn't seem to be hurting in any way, and she never did complain about the full dosage of Geoflora either.

I am betting that she will need water tomorrow. She is a big girl and already is trying to send node #5 up, but that isn't going to work for her. My little cuticle scissors are at the ready, and just as soon as I can get on it, #5 will be history. Then I want to see this famous warning that "an Auto will stall out if you just breathe on it wrong" hit us here at Emmie's Gardens. I expect it to start flowering right there, on the spot. Egads... the things we do for science!

Our Auto keeps getting bigger and seems to be gaining some speed doing that too. She still hasn't managed to drain the cup though. I am going to make her earn that drink. See that Purple Kush seedling in the background?
DSCF0991.JPG

That small plant has already managed to drain the cup the first time. It just got a drink this morning. The Auto did not. Maybe tomorrow. She doesn't seem to be hurting in any way, and she never did complain about the full dosage of Geoflora either.

I am betting that she will need water tomorrow. She is a big girl and already is trying to send node #5 up, but that isn't going to work for her. My little cuticle scissors are at the ready, and just as soon as I can get on it, #5 will be history. Then I want to see this famous warning that "an Auto will stall out if you just breathe on it wrong" hit us here at Emmie's Gardens. I expect it to start flowering right there, on the spot. Egads... the things we do for science!
You’ll be surprised how long before it flowers I bet. I got 36 days from Titan, the most time I ever got. The literature I sent says 35-42 days for this one! Time enough to top good side branch candidates if you wish (I would).

You’ll be surprised how long before it flowers I bet. I got 36 days from Titan, the most time I ever got. The literature I sent says 35-42 days for this one! Time enough to top good side branch candidates if you wish (I would).
I am looking forward to seeing her bloom, but I can see that I still have lots of valuable veg time with her too. She is just moving faster in some ways than most plants do, such as in her vertical size at the moment. My last check on her last night showed that I am going to need to top off that 5th node soon, probably today at the rate she is growing right now. I am also pretty sure that she will get her first proper watering today too. I have been refusing to give her this drink until she earned it, forcing her to go as dry as the Sahara before doing so. Today should be the day for watering to runoff, and that means she is going to get a huge hit of the Geoflora that has been sitting there mostly unused all week. I suspect this is going to become a fairly large plant by the time she starts to bloom, despite this slow start. So far she is a cute little thing and is still living in Veg Room #1, but shortly after transplanting her, she will probably need to move to Veg Room #2 and start claiming space under the much bigger light in there.

Congrats on the awesome Auto harvest you have just had... wow! You make it look easy pulling big weight off of these Autos!

I am looking forward to seeing her bloom, but I can see that I still have lots of valuable veg time with her too. She is just moving faster in some ways than most plants do, such as in her vertical size at the moment. My last check on her last night showed that I am going to need to top off that 5th node soon, probably today at the rate she is growing right now. I am also pretty sure that she will get her first proper watering today too. I have been refusing to give her this drink until she earned it, forcing her to go as dry as the Sahara before doing so. Today should be the day for watering to runoff, and that means she is going to get a huge hit of the Geoflora that has been sitting there mostly unused all week. I suspect this is going to become a fairly large plant by the time she starts to bloom, despite this slow start. So far she is a cute little thing and is still living in Veg Room #1, but shortly after transplanting her, she will probably need to move to Veg Room #2 and start claiming space under the much bigger light in there.

Congrats on the awesome Auto harvest you have just had... wow! You make it look easy pulling big weight off of these Autos!
Thanks! And yeah that’s what I found - they’re all small and cute at first, but then they start feeding for real and something….happens. Lol. They take off.

I currently have a White Widow x Big Bud auto that was topped on Day 41 and is still not showing any flowers at Day 57.

I currently have a White Widow x Big Bud auto that was topped on Day 41 and is still not showing any flowers at Day 57.

@HashGirl , great nametag!
I am a total noob grower still, and I don't know either of those strains.
However, when I was reading up on some other (different) auto strains, there were some comments that some of those strains had to be artificially triggered under 12/12, before being let back out in the sun.
I hope that is helpful.
(If not, please just ignore.)

Our Auto definitely drained the cup overnight, and got watered to runoff this morning. I haven't been up there yet tonight, but I expect that she is now using water at a crazy rate and is already feeling light. I will find out after dinner. Here she was this morning, drooping a bit, needing water.
DSCF0995.JPG

Our Auto definitely drained the cup overnight, and got watered to runoff this morning. I haven't been up there yet tonight, but I expect that she is now using water at a crazy rate and is already feeling light. I will find out after dinner. Here she was this morning, drooping a bit, needing water.
DSCF0995.JPG
She’s probably going to go into a growth spurt now I don’t know if it’s the same with photos but I find they will just grow like crazy for a few days then do more the following etc. that or I didn’t know what I was doing and mine was crying for help

Back
Top Bottom