Emmy Finally Goes Auto, Convinced Because Of Its Name!

Now she is growing! As if on a wild mission, she has suddenly taken off and is working on the third node. It will be time to top her before long!

Along with the slow growth, she was also not sucking up a lot of water. She was using a bit, but I can see where it could be very easy to overwater and overfeed an Auto just starting out. I patiently gave her little drabs of water every few days, waiting on her to finally drain the bottom the first time. She still has not accomplished that task yet, but I suspect that any day now, she is going to surprise me.

Now, the biggest plant in Veg Room #1, I give you my humble little Auto
DSCF0941.JPG
Ha! You have already figured out the #1 reason (imho) that people screw up their autos in the first two weeks. Cuz exactly what you observed. It’s very common in my experience. Took me a few to realize and adjust to that. Cost myself a week of growth a few times, which to me, with autos , means forget that one. Lol. I am currently allowing an exception for the 24 Karat, which on day 20 is not as big as your auto. But man has she taken off.

Now she is growing! As if on a wild mission, she has suddenly taken off and is working on the third node. It will be time to top her before long!

Along with the slow growth, she was also not sucking up a lot of water. She was using a bit, but I can see where it could be very easy to overwater and overfeed an Auto just starting out. I patiently gave her little drabs of water every few days, waiting on her to finally drain the bottom the first time. She still has not accomplished that task yet, but I suspect that any day now, she is going to surprise me.

Now, the biggest plant in Veg Room #1, I give you my humble little Auto
DSCF0941.JPG

Looking good Emmy! Do you top after the 4th node?

Looking good so far em... These wild little autoflowers can be a tricky, I've dealt with a couple funny starters....but I'm confident in your ability to make her grow your way.

I'm still super happy you decided to grow one:cheesygrinsmiley:.

It makes me smile that everyone is so happy that I am growing an auto. Thank you everyone. :rofl:

Here she is today, at 11 days above ground. Still nowhere close to draining the cup, but I know she has it in her to do so. Doing what I do, I automatically wait.

DSCF0954.JPG
She’ll get there she’s just making you wait lol mines just hitting flower now the excitement is real! I look forward to seeing her progress! Keep hydrated

Hey Em - she looks great!! I like how yours are nice and compact. That soil looks a bit different than the others - is it?? :hmmmm:
Thanks! You are seeing the full dosage of @GeoFlora Nutrients on the top of the soil. Underneath is the same thing as the others, except not as dry when it was first applied.

It makes me smile that everyone is so happy that I am growing an auto. Thank you everyone. :rofl:

Here she is today, at 11 days above ground. Still nowhere close to draining the cup, but I know she has it in her to do so. Doing what I do, I automatically wait.

DSCF0954.JPG
Yup she’s firing now!

Morning Emmy! She's got a beautiful color to her, very nice!
Thanks Bubba! She should be getting everything she needs from that Geoflora and she definitely looks happy. Here she is today, noticeably larger in just one day. She still hasn't drained the cup, and I am not budging till she does.
Day 12
DSCF0967.JPG

That is the plan, yes.

Hi @Emilya , sorry for the total noob question, but if you are going to top, then I need to ask.
Is the cotyledon the first node?

And then the second node is the single-pronged-leaf that comes out next? (And is there a special name for that leaf?)

Or is it different than that??

(Because if you are going to top your autos, then I want to try.)

Thank you.

Hi @Emilya , sorry for the total noob question, but if you are going to top, then I need to ask.
Is the cotyledon the first node?

And then the second node is the single-pronged-leaf that comes out next? (And is there a special name for that leaf?)

Or is it different than that??

(Because if you are going to top your autos, then I want to try.)

Thank you.
The cotyledons are just that... node 0
The next node, the first "true leaves" are the first node.

I look at the topping process as a way to slow the plant down a bit too, so that it works on getting bigger and bushier rather than taller, before it heads into bloom and starts stretching on me. Some say I will stunt the plant out by looking at it wrongly... so we will see. I am in new territory here, but I have seen others top theirs, so I will too.

The cotyledons are just that... node 0
The next node, the first "true leaves" are the first node.

Ahhh.... thank you!

I look at the topping process as a way to slow the plant down a bit too, so that it works on getting bigger and bushier rather than taller, before it heads into bloom and starts stretching on me. Some say I will stunt the plant out by looking at it wrongly... so we will see. I am in new territory here, but I have seen others top theirs, so I will too.

I did not know that you could top them!
This is exciting! I will be watching closely.

So, how much do Autos stretch? Should I be thinking about putting her under my trigger lights in the bloom room for a week or two as bloom starts up?

Well, if you are asking me, I am a total noob, and don't know.
But I have not noticed any stretch.
What seems like is that they start slow for a week or two (maybe to catch their breath?), and then they start to take off.
If my girls have been indicative, they do end up hitting a top height, beyond which they do not grow (and only the buds grow).
I hope that is correct, and helpful.
Probably someone else knows better, or in better detail.

We will find out soon I guess and I have it handled no matter what she does. Today I couldn't stand her not getting nutrients and even though there is still significant water in the cup, I gave her a little bit right down the middle. So far, she seems a little lazy to me. Time will tell. Here she is, showing off her nodes:
DSCF0975.JPG

Back
Top Bottom