Emmy Finally Goes Auto, Convinced Because Of Its Name!

That is so amazing.
Did you switch back to hard pots for the final pots, and I missed it? (Or spaced it?)
So, you don't think fabric pots are worth the extra effort? Or why did you switch?
I like everything about smart pots and in some ways I am going to miss using them, but now I am in a mass production situation and my priorities have changed. I am willing to give up the benefits gained with air pruning and the rest for the ease of cleaning and the longevity of these pro quality containers

Ok, thank you! That makes sense.
It sounds like you are really busy.
If you get time to measure the diameter on that 1G container, that would be great! I am thinking that with your and @Azimuth 's help and guidance, I am going to make it out of the Solo cups this time, and into 1G containers, and I could not find any tall ones here locally. (I found some short and squat ones for cheap, but I did not find any nice tall ones like the pro ones you are using).
I found some on the internet that fit my budget, but I probably need to order them soon, because things can take many weeks to get here!
I know my grows will never equal yours because 1) you are inside under lights and 2) you are Em, but I am trying to imitate your grows in every way my supply chain will support (imitating being the sincerest form of flattery, and all... hahaha).

Thank you!
Bon apetit!

1656288274414.png

this is the 5g... I will have to measure the 1 gal for you
The 1 gallon containers that I am using are as follows:
diameter across the top - ID 5.75 inches OD 6.25 inches (1/4 inch lip all around the top)
height - 6.75 inches
bottom diameter - 4.625 inches

Sorry for the conversion to the American system, but I don't have anything to measure metric in my garden.

The 1 gallon containers that I am using are as follows:
diameter across the top - ID 5.75 inches OD 6.25 inches (1/4 inch lip all around the top)
height - 6.75 inches
bottom diameter - 4.625 inches

Sorry for the conversion to the American system, but I don't have anything to measure metric in my garden.
Yay!
No, inches is good. I can convert. I am a gringo, haha.
Thank you!

It is day 29 for our Auto, and she is still vegging away in her new container, and seems to like life under the Nextlight 420h for 19 hour days. I see no signs of stunting or anything else out of the ordinary, although I have just uppotted her, I am training her heavily, and I have indeed looked at her wrong at least a few times. I am finding it hard to actually convince this Auto to automatically switch to bloom.
DSCF1126.JPG

It is day 29 for our Auto, and she is still vegging away in her new container, and seems to like life under the Nextlight 420h for 19 hour days. I see no signs of stunting or anything else out of the ordinary, although I have just uppotted her, I am training her heavily, and I have indeed looked at her wrong at least a few times. I am finding it hard to actually convince this Auto to automatically switch to bloom.
DSCF1126.JPG
It took mine almost 40 days to go into bloom mind you I didn’t have optimal conditions and that could be why

DSCF1126.JPG
The longer she stays in veg the better!!! That plant looks spectacular. You’re getting me quite excited about mine and it’s also great to see what a good auto scrog candidate she is. Excellent work. Just like you’ve grown 100 autos!

There are still no clear indications that she is flowering or even transitioning. She is acting like any other vegging plant, even though I can spot pistils all over the place. I am convinced now that all the people who claim that their Auto is blooming at the first sight of pistils, are wrong. I keep giving her looks, that if she were sensitive, would surely send her into bloom, but still she resists my evil intents. No dice. At day 30 above ground and day 5 since spotting the first pistil, she still ain't doing it.

So today, she has gone 4 days since watering last, and 9 days since the last feeding. She did not need water, so we went to work with the hoops and trimming scissors. Because of the training, several leaves are now on the ground, or so far below the canopy that they are going to be worthless to the grow and actually a bother since they block other bud sites that very well could produce. About 6 leaves were cut off today for the good of the plant.
DSCF1146.JPG
DSCF1145.JPG

Hoops were moved outward toward the edges when necessary, and the 4 dominant branches now springing up from the middle were given their first hoops and told to lay down. It looks very possible that we are going to get 16 nodes out of this girl, in extreme record time. I hate to admit it, but I am impressed.
DSCF1148.JPG
DSCF1147.JPG

There are still no clear indications that she is flowering or even transitioning. She is acting like any other vegging plant, even though I can spot pistils all over the place. I am convinced now that all the people who claim that their Auto is blooming at the first sight of pistils, are wrong. I keep giving her looks, that if she were sensitive, would surely send her into bloom, but still she resists my evil intents. No dice. At day 30 above ground and day 5 since spotting the first pistil, she still ain't doing it.

So today, she has gone 4 days since watering last, and 9 days since the last feeding. She did not need water, so we went to work with the hoops and trimming scissors. Because of the training, several leaves are now on the ground, or so far below the canopy that they are going to be worthless to the grow and actually a bother since they block other bud sites that very well could produce. About 6 leaves were cut off today for the good of the plant.
DSCF1146.JPG
DSCF1145.JPG

Hoops were moved outward toward the edges when necessary, and the 4 dominant branches now springing up from the middle were given their first hoops and told to lay down. It looks very possible that we are going to get 16 nodes out of this girl, in extreme record time. I hate to admit it, but I am impressed.
DSCF1148.JPG
DSCF1147.JPG
I hate to admit it but I am impressed.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Note: your observations on flowering are spot on. I see the same thing constantly. Autos shoot more pre pistils than photos I’ve found. I got thrown more than once but no more. The best sign is a budlet, lol. Also be aware that often times you may see the first day or two of visible overnight stretch before you see budlets. That happened with Titan a little bit.

Are you putting the auto through the red light paces in flower?

Edit: I don’t think any old auto gives you this level of growth. You’re growing a killer genetic. The XXLs I feel are dependable that way though, least it seems so far.

I hate to admit it but I am impressed.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Note: your observations on flowering are spot on. I see the same thing constantly. Autos shoot more pre pistils than photos I’ve found. I got thrown more than once but no more. The best sign is a budlet, lol. Also be aware that often times you may see the first day or two of visible overnight stretch before you see budlets. That happened with Titan a little bit.

Are you putting the auto through the red light paces in flower?

Edit: I don’t think any old auto gives you this level of growth. You’re growing a killer genetic. The XXLs I feel are dependable that way though, least it seems so far.
Thank you. The red lights are in the bloom room, and even at 13.5 hours of light, it is not enough for an Auto. Our girl is in Veg Room #2 under the Nextlight 420h, running at 19 hours, just to be difficult.

Thank you. The red lights are in the bloom room, and even at 13.5 hours of light, it is not enough for an Auto. Our girl is in Veg Room #2 under the Nextlight 420h, running at 19 hours, just to be difficult.
Oh yeah, duh, sorry

Day 32... still vegging hard! 10 days since first spotting pistils.

DSCF1161.JPG
Wow. She’s firing on all cylinders. You gonna go with your 16 tops? That’d be sweet. What might be sweeter if you’re adventurous is to both YES, up pot, and while you’re at it, top a few more tops! Heh. Don’t mind me I’m evil. When you grow a lot of autos you realize how spoiled these XXLs make you in terms of useful/trainable veg time. You can literally do whatever you want to them in 35 days or more. I can’t help but try to make them all yield kings. They cry to produce. Yes, I’m basing this on only one, but not really. I see how yours is going and even BubbaKush909’s outgrew his usual. For a soil auto that plant you have there is incredible.

Wow. She’s firing on all cylinders. You gonna go with your 16 tops? That’d be sweet. What might be sweeter if you’re adventurous is to both YES, up pot, and while you’re at it, top a few more tops! Heh. Don’t mind me I’m evil. When you grow a lot of autos you realize how spoiled these XXLs make you in terms of useful/trainable veg time. You can literally do whatever you want to them in 35 days or more. I can’t help but try to make them all yield kings. They cry to produce. Yes, I’m basing this on only one, but not really. I see how yours is going and even BubbaKush909’s outgrew his usual. For a soil auto that plant you have there is incredible.
I can’t wait to see what kind of stretch this BS has in her.

Back
Top Bottom