Emmy Finally Goes Auto, Convinced Because Of Its Name!

I think Barney's Farm is a sponsor, so it should be ok to post from their website data?
It says 65-70 days from seed to harvest.
Maybe I should write them? Maybe they would know why I am still growing colas at 93 days?

LSD AUTO™ Cannabis Seeds Strain Specifications​

Type: Feminised
Photoperiod: Autoflowering
Characterisics: .
Genetics: LSD x Super Magnum Auto
Effect: Social, Vivid and Psychedelic Body High, Euphoric, Uplifted, Calming, Relaxed
Outdoor Yield (g): up to 400 per plant
Indoor Yield (g):up to 650 gr/m²
Autoflowering Harvest Time From Seed (days): 65 - 70
Height (cm): 90-120cm
Height Indoor (cm): 90cm
Height Outdoor (cm): 120cm
Height: Medium
Indica %: 70%
Sativa %: 30%
Indica/Sativa: Mostly Indica
Taste: Earthy Chestnut, Mango, Citrus, Sweet & Sour
Aroma: Musky, Earthy Flower, Herbal, Skunky, Pungent

I think Barney's Farm is a sponsor, so it should be ok to post from their website data?
Maybe I should write them? Maybe they would know why I am still growing colas at 93 days?

Effect: Social, Vivid and Psychedelic Body High, Euphoric, Uplifted, Calming, Relaxed
it sounds like you have good reason to be confused if not concerned. I would shoot them a private note and ask them what they think is going on.

Hahaha, I'm sure your 19/5 light schedule indoors under a pro-level LED and controlled temperatures doesn't hurt, either! Hahaha.
And all of your many years of experience, study, and practice!!
Plus you have DynoMyco, GeoFlora, FoxFarm, Massive, Terpinator, and you know how to use them!
And there is no doubt that your knowledge, skill and technique is several leagues beyond mine!

Only, what blows me away is that the Kong Super Glues are a full week older than the LSDAs, and they are still hard in veg, with no pistils anywhere in sight!
Whereas in contrast the LSDAutos are a full week younger, and one of them is already 4-5 days into bloom (and her sister is maybe 1-2 days into bloom).
All I was hoping to say is that I was planning on getting a full month of veg, so I could get an HST snip between nodes 4 and 5, and I guess I only got maybe 3 weeks of veg--so I am wondering why.
Is that normal with LSDA?
And so all of those times I am reading on the breeder's websites are bloom times, not time from seed to finish, even with an auto?

How can I know how long I will have in veg with an auto, at the time I go to purchase?
Because I am growing outside, and I was able to make the snip on Kong Super Glue with time to spare on the 30 days, but with LSDA I only got maybe 21 days. (That would have been good to know.)

It seems like the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know!!
I am right there with you in not knowing most of the answers you are seeking, since this is only the second Auto I have attempted to grow, and the only one indoors. It seems that no matter how much you think you know in this hobby, there is still much more out there to learn. I am in the same boat that you are in, just a little further astern. :)

It has been my experience that sellers "estimated" time of grow is only an approximation.

Your conditions can/will have a different outcome.

My last auto's said 85 days, two went 122 days !

The longer the grow, the larger the return ;)

Cheers

it sounds like you have good reason to be confused if not concerned. I would shoot them a private note and ask them what they think is going on.
Ahhh, ok!
I wrote to them privately.
Thanks!

It has been my experience that sellers "estimated" time of grow is only an approximation.

Your conditions can/will have a different outcome.

My last auto's said 85 days, two went 122 days !

The longer the grow, the larger the return ;)

Cheers
Thanks, @Chuckeye !

@Chuckeye , may I please ask, were you indoors under lights?
Or outdoors (and at what time of year)?

I am right there with you in not knowing most of the answers you are seeking, since this is only the second Auto I have attempted to grow, and the only one indoors. It seems that no matter how much you think you know in this hobby, there is still much more out there to learn. I am in the same boat that you are in, just a little further astern. :)
longship1.jpg

@Chuckeye , may I please ask, were you indoors under lights?
Or outdoors (and at what time of year)?
Indoor, mix of 2 1/2 and 3 gallon fabric pots with ProMix HP, MC one part, 600w MH/HPS with a parabolic reflector, 4 x 4 space.

Smallest yield was a Gelato > 6 oz in a 2 1/2 gallon pot @ 96 days (?).

Largest was a Gorilla Glue in a 3 gallon pot > 11 grams short of a pound @ 122 days !

Cheers

Indoor, mix of 2 1/2 and 3 gallon fabric pots with ProMix HP, MC one part, 600w MH/HPS with a parabolic reflector, 4 x 4 space.

Smallest yield was a Gelato > 6 oz in a 2 1/2 gallon pot @ 96 days (?).

Largest was a Gorilla Glue in a 3 gallon pot > 11 grams short of a pound @ 122 days !

Ahh, so, you were in a controlled environment, and still they did that????
Hahaha, well, then, autos are even MORE fun than I realized when I signed up!

Thanks for the heads up!
I'll toke to that!

:hookah::hookah:

This happens all the time with autos. If they’re still building and you have no amber trichomes, let them build! I usually add at least two weeks to any sellers times. My Watermelon WeddingCake auto said 77 and went 104! It literally happens to like every other or third auto. Toss the breeder info. Worry not. Enjoy bigger buds! Just go by trichomes and how they look. You’ll know when they’re ready. If it’s 105 it’s 105! This is my input for you! Happy 4th!

This happens all the time with autos. If they’re still building and you have no amber trichomes, let them build! I usually add at least two weeks to any sellers times. My Watermelon WeddingCake auto said 77 and went 104! It literally happens to like every other or third auto. Toss the breeder info. Worry not. Enjoy bigger buds! Just go by trichomes and how they look. You’ll know when they’re ready. If it’s 105 it’s 105! This is my input for you! Happy 4th!
:thumb: :thumb: :hookah::hookah:

Thanks, @Jon !

And I hope you get your three pounds!

sorry about the confusing background. I will need to get her by herself and do a deserving set of pictures. I don't expect her to get very tall, but what do I know? I expect about a 3 foot plant with a beautiful canopy of 16 or maybe 18 colas, with two of those colas being dominant and larger than the rest, and hopefully with 8-10 inches of solid buds stacked along their length. Let's see if my prediction is anywhere close. :)

Today, one of my projects was to clear the clutter, and clear I did. You will have to read the Constant Harvest Thread to find out how. After clearing some space I was easily able to isolate our Auto for a well deserved photo shoot.

This first shot pretty much sums up what has happened here. Note how our Auto has equalled the Tangie girls behind her in size and shape in a much shorter time, and she has done better to send all the available nodes up toward the light. She is in the front left of the picture.
DSCF1194.JPG

Overnight, she again doubled in height and she got a lot wider. She didn't use up all of her water, but surely she wanted to. The girl is a monster! She is now spreading out and gaining length in her branches where she is going to stack buds.

Here are top and side shots from a couple of angles. She is magnificent!
DSCF1193.JPG
DSCF1192.JPG
DSCF1191.JPG
DSCF1190.JPG

Today, one of my projects was to clear the clutter, and clear I did. You will have to read the Constant Harvest Thread to find out how. After clearing some space I was easily able to isolate our Auto for a well deserved photo shoot.

This first shot pretty much sums up what has happened here. Note how our Auto has equalled the Tangie girls behind her in size and shape in a much shorter time, and she has done better to send all the available nodes up toward the light. She is in the front left of the picture.
DSCF1194.JPG

Overnight, she again doubled in height and she got a lot wider. She didn't use up all of her water, but surely she wanted to. The girl is a monster! She is now spreading out and gaining length in her branches where she is going to stack buds.

Here are top and side shots from a couple of angles. She is magnificent!
DSCF1193.JPG
DSCF1192.JPG
DSCF1191.JPG
DSCF1190.JPG
Now that’s an auto!!!!! Aren’t they fun? You gotta admit you’re having fun with this one!

Helping me make that decision is the fact that I soon have 16lbs of @GeoFlora Nutrients being shipped to me as prizes for the two contests I just won. The plants will find me to be very generous over the next several months!
Good luck. I received all 2lb bags instead of the 4lb bags advertised, as I know other recipients have. Just be careful with your expectations.

I think your spot on with your prediction emilya, your gonna have a good producing pygmy like one of my last autos.....short and all bud.

Sorry for the pic, just to give reference to what I said.

But beautiful work my friend.

IMG_20220427_220620655_HDR (1).jpg

I think your spot on with your prediction emilya, your gonna have a good producing pygmy like one of my last autos.....short and all bud.

Sorry for the pic, just to give reference to what I said.

But beautiful work my friend.

IMG_20220427_220620655_HDR (1).jpg
yep, that's exactly what I have in mind!

Back
Top Bottom