Emmy Finally Goes Auto, Convinced Because Of Its Name!

@Emilya
Very well said. Intriguing! Makes me want to attempt a micro auto. Any difference in the end result, in quality of smoke? Less smoke more potent?
Why try a micro? Why not grow a big one?

@Emilya
Very well said. Intriguing! Makes me want to attempt a micro auto. Any difference in the end result, in quality of smoke? Less smoke more potent?
I don't know yet. I have never harvested an Auto. Word on the street is that the quality is way up and probably has been maxed out to our understanding of the technology. The cool thing seems to be that the Ruderalis half of the genetics seems to easily pair up with lots of great hybrids from the photo world, so there are a lot of varieties to choose from. Now we are seeing crosses with Big Bud and some other huge producers from the photoperiod world that continue to be huge producers when crossed over to Auto... and wow are they fast! The one I am growing here is one of those.
But as said above, the Photoperiod original will always be able to produce more, gives you way more flexibility and the quality will be everything the variety can produce. The Auto hybrid... not so much... close, but not so much. It is probably so close, that most who have not seen a lot of quality pot can probably not tell the difference.

Why try a micro? Why not grow a big one?
I've grown a fair share. Never anything monster but, 3-5ft average. I like idea I finessing the plant to keep it micro plant, forced to stay small. Ideally using all that grunt, to produce absolutely stunning nuggets.

Practically zen. Like bonsai's

Only you get rewarded with dank:rollit:

@Emilya

Only time will tell. I will be along for your voyage. :lot-o-toke:

Our girl seems to be mostly done with stretching because over the last 3 days she has gained only about an inch so that her tallest branch is now 13" above the soil. The buds are getting bigger and now she needs to put some strength in all of these branches so she can hold up the weight. Today was watering day after 7 days without watering. She still could have gone a bit longer, but 7 days is a big ridiculous. I pushed this water on her today, just to help those roots stretch just a little more. Today is 8 days since she started blooming and 41 days into her life.
DSCF1229.JPG

I don't know yet. I have never harvested an Auto. Word on the street is that the quality is way up and probably has been maxed out to our understanding of the technology. The cool thing seems to be that the Ruderalis half of the genetics seems to easily pair up with lots of great hybrids from the photo world, so there are a lot of varieties to choose from. Now we are seeing crosses with Big Bud and some other huge producers from the photoperiod world that continue to be huge producers when crossed over to Auto... and wow are they fast! The one I am growing here is one of those.
But as said above, the Photoperiod original will always be able to produce more, gives you way more flexibility and the quality will be everything the variety can produce. The Auto hybrid... not so much... close, but not so much. It is probably so close, that most who have not seen a lot of quality pot can probably not tell the difference.
Well….yes and no. Mostly yes. But here’s the no: there ARE some autos that produce weed which matches or beats any photo quality. And I believe I’ve smoked my share of truly good weed and know the difference. I’ve encountered about four out of maybe 20 different strains so far. Which ties into the genetics you were discussing. They really are at a pretty advanced point. You have 60 days yet on that auto. Flower time is identical to photos. The fast is over, it’s just in veg. Now you wait and watch and say “I thought autos were supposed to be fast.” But please, I would encourage you to at least temporarily temper that very definitely stated opinion considering you haven’t yet harvested one auto, perhaps. I think you’re going to be more surprised by the quality of the auto than any other part of your surprise.

Here she is today, at day 44 of her life, Day 10 since last feeding (veg) and day 11 of bloom. She is still stretching a bit and we gained another inch and a half in the last couple of days. Now she sits all by her lonesome self in Veg Room #2 under the @NextLight 420h, now cranked up to its maximum output. I will feed her again the next time she needs watering, this time with BLOOM formula.
DSCF1236.JPG

Here we are tonight with 3 different angles and some bud closeups. We are at day 44 and day 11 of bloom. We are 4 days from the regular feed day, but whenever she needs watering next I will be feeding her BLOOM. She is massive already and I just hope she is going to be able to hold up her own weight.

DSCF1253.JPG
DSCF1252.JPG
DSCF1251.JPG
DSCF1250.JPG
DSCF1249.JPG

Hahaha, good thing you went with the 5! Hahaha!

She's looking lovely Emilya. How many inches tall is she? I am new to autos, so I am trying to get a yardstick for what they are capable of. You say she is massive. I'm trying to get a sense of what that means for an auto. You've seen my two, one a miniature at about 12 inches tall, but quite wide. The other is 18 inches tall.

Here she is today, at day 44 of her life, Day 10 since last feeding (veg) and day 11 of bloom. She is still stretching a bit and we gained another inch and a half in the last couple of days. Now she sits all by her lonesome self in Veg Room #2 under the @NextLight 420h, now cranked up to its maximum output. I will feed her again the next time she needs watering, this time with BLOOM formula.
DSCF1236.JPG
Damn. They really did stretch. Long big colas.

She's looking lovely Emilya. How many inches tall is she? I am new to autos, so I am trying to get a yardstick for what they are capable of. You say she is massive. I'm trying to get a sense of what that means for an auto. You've seen my two, one a miniature at about 12 inches tall, but quite wide. The other is 18 inches tall.
Thank you Carmen! She is 14 inches tall on the tallest cola, and 6 inches because of training is laying horizontally. If she had been allowed to grow vertically without training, she would easily be 20" tall.

You know, Emmie, maybe you should slow down a little bit? You know too much ice cream is not good for your health? Hahaha!
I mean, at this point you should be naming this thing "Seymour", hahaha!
:morenutes:

Looking great em, bit difficult keeping shape huh :laugh: they can out grow your training over night lol , but I'm happy your enjoying this.... Your seeing first hand why I love them, noticeable growth daily ;)

Back
Top Bottom