Me Three!

Highya Carmen,

Nice buds all around, but Mac1 has a great start on some big buds!! Great job, Carmen! Happy Smokin'

Wow that kitchen table is going to be full up pretty soon! The MAC is going to have a stellar cola up top.

I say you should get one more light and 2 more plants lol who uses a kitchen table as a kitchen table anyways, mine just holds my mail and cats 🤣.

Keep up the great work your plants look awesome!

Thank you GDB. I hope I am going to get a good lean this time!
Me Three!

Highya Carmen,

Nice buds all around, but Mac1 has a great start on some big buds!! Great job, Carmen! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode!
Wow that kitchen table is going to be full up pretty soon! The MAC is going to have a stellar cola up top.
It's the first time I am growing an un-topped plant. It's going to be interesting to me to watch that develop.
I say you should get one more light and 2 more plants lol who uses a kitchen table as a kitchen table anyways, mine just holds my mail and cats 🤣.
Hehehe. I have another light and could easily get another two plants on there. I can legally have up to 4 flowering plants at any one given time, but I could get a couple of veggers started 🤔

In fact, you've got me thinking about how and when to plant my next seeds. I'll be away from 6 to 10 September and I can get three weeks growth in the seedling pots before needing to up pot...

Great, I have worked out a conservative planting schedule and can get two more grows in this year :smokin:
Keep up the great work your plants look awesome!
Thank you so much G!

Happy Hump Day! Here is a quick vid of my plants. I love 'em! The Blueberry is a bit of a sulky wimp despite her robust condition. She has to get watered and I'm not waiting for the wilt. I've dialed it back to 1 L every two days again, but the bottom of the pot is damp today, so it's slower than that atm. I can only put that down to the fucking cold weather. I'm not unhappy though. These are three great little autos. Check em out x

Happy Hump Day! Here is a quick vid of my plants. I love 'em! The Blueberry is a bit of a sulky wimp despite her robust condition. She has to get watered and I'm not waiting for the wilt. I've dialed it back to 1 L every two days again, but the bottom of the pot is damp today, so it's slower than that atm. I can only put that down to the fucking cold weather. I'm not

unhappy though. These are three great little autos. Check em out x
Nice looking plants Carmen !
Love your accent, my Boston accent isnt quite as elegant as yours !! Lol 😂

Im going to study your DLI a bit more , its interesting stuff, your system is working very good for you

Holy smokes Carmen❤️👊. You have them looking fantastic!

The one in the Blueberry does look like it's being stubborn but it may still find it's rhythm, it's not a bad plant at all, but the other 2 sure just make it look like a slackard. That may just be how it grows, the proof is in the pudding at harvest😎.

That mimosa has those super cool indica style budlets that grow down just above the larf line and stand up like a golfball on a tee with just one round nug🥰 Man I love those. They are so photogenic.

She's got great turgidity and looks like she's winding up for top speed😊.

And then there's Mac1, the untopped beauty😍. She has perfect shape and perfect turgidity.

I think that plant has both Plant and Photo ofthe month in her if you stage her properly. Possibly Nug of the month too. She's a good one.

My hats off to you Carmen you set your mind to it last season to up your game and put effort in everywhere. Soil, Light, pruning, training, watering, the list goes on and you nailed it. This is going to be a great finish😊👊.

According to the breeder info how many days do they have left?

Nice looking plants Carmen !
Love your accent, my Boston accent isnt quite as elegant as yours !! Lol 😂

Im going to study your DLI a bit more , its interesting stuff, your system is working very good for you
Thank you Sniper X. Lol your accent would sound exotic to me :) This DLI is saving me on the electric bill too!
Holy smokes Carmen❤️👊. You have them looking fantastic!
🥰
The one in the Blueberry does look like it's being stubborn but it may still find it's rhythm, it's not a bad plant at all, but the other 2 sure just make it look like a slackard. That may just be how it grows, the proof is in the pudding at harvest😎.
It's a funny plant. I love it though and feel it will produce very well.
That mimosa has those super cool indica style budlets that grow down just above the larf line and stand up like a golfball on a tee with just one round nug🥰 Man I love those. They are so photogenic.

She's got great turgidity and looks like she's winding up for top speed😊.

And then there's Mac1, the untopped beauty😍. She has perfect shape and perfect turgidity.

I think that plant has both Plant and Photo ofthe month in her if you stage her properly. Possibly Nug of the month too. She's a good one.

My hats off to you Carmen you set your mind to it last season to up your game and put effort in everywhere. Soil, Light, pruning, training, watering, the list goes on and you nailed it. This is going to be a great finish😊👊.
Thank you so much Gee man! 👊
According to the breeder info how many days do they have left?
The MAC #1 goes for 10 to 12 weeks, which puts it at end Aug. Seedsman say Blueberry auto will go 65 to 70 days, which puts it at mid Aug. Sweet Seeds say that the Red Mimosa XL auto will run for 8 weeks from germination, but that can't be right because we are at 7 weeks already!

Beautiful plants Carmen. :thumb: 🍋
Thank you Keith 😊

What Gee said! So much you've learned in one season! They look great Carmen!
Thank you Master Otter! :) It's from sitting in on the master classes at the Gee Spot, fo sho!

@MedScientist I owe you an apology. I wasn't particularly receptive to hearing that the Blueberry has issues with water because there is no way this plant is being overwatered. However, it does have issues and it appears that one of them is that it isn't moving water as efficiently as the others. Gee has suggested that this could be a myco thing in the LOS, and here are some quotes from his thread, in which he recommends certain actions.
Ok thats even better than what they had on their website. Thats enough to at least make it look a bit better if it's a K issue, so I would get some myco in with a drench, watch the next 72 hours for the plant to improve.

If it does improve then it's a K thing, but the myco drench won't hurt.

If the foliar doesn't help then you wait it out for 6-8 days until myco starts to kick in.

In between I would give it a fish drink and another light calmag. I think I would give it the calmag 1st. Then next watering use the fish. Only when it needs water tho.

So myco drench as per the instructions in the overall amount of a regular watering, don't flush it or fully saturate it. You want the myco to stay in the pot, then next watering after that CalMag, then next watering fish, and by then you should be seeing some kind of results.

Don't do a strong CalMag tho, mix as per the instructions for light feeding.

Watch the rust spots and the K stripes in the leaves. Then in a week we watch for myco to establish.

If the foliar turns it around then water with seaweed or kelp next, then calmag again, then seaweed or kelp again, then start cycling calmag, fish,water, and seaweed.

Here is a picture of a leaf showing what looks to be an early K deficiency.

All three plants have early signs of calmag and K deficiency and all three have been dosed with a low dose calmag and K. The Blueberry is worst hit and I gave it a foliar feed of a 4:1:6 bloom booster by Talborne Organics, called Nourish: Buds, Flowers & Fruit, and dumped the balance down the main root line.

This is the first time I am using reconditioned used soil, so it would have been a miracle to get through the grow without issue. I'm still very pleased and I hope I can get the Blueberry to green up.

Screenshot (49).png

Good Morning Carmen, Well Good Afternoon for you I guess. Blueberry looks better today. Her leaves are up so thats a good sign.

If it's in all 3 then it's likely something lacking in the soil mix.

How regular are your top dressings? Are they scheduled weekly?

When the pots dry down, so right before watering, is the soil up top fluffy and loose, or is it crusty and you need to break it up?

Can you show some pictures of both some lower fans and the top fully opened fans from each plant, and if they have signs of deficiency then maybe some close ups of the deficiency. Just fully formed fans please.

They all look like they are moving water well today. Do you think the foliar helped, or is it too soon to tell yet?

I just did a fair bit of reading on Potassium as it's a deficiency I don't usually encounter.

Both kelp and greensand are an easy way to avoid it and I always use plenty of both.

From what I read, low K will amongst other things, greatly effect water transport thru the plant as it's a major player in stomata regulation, and when K gets low, Calcium will step in to replace it, as they are both a strong positively charged cation, which causes the plants internal cellular calcium pools to drop, leading to signs of calcium deficiency, even if calcium isn't actually deficient in the soil.

The plant uses internal calcium up, but can't bring enough new calcium in because K isn't running the stomata correctly, so water throughput can't resupply it fast enough.

Sound familiar? Plants not moving water correctly and showing both Ca and K deficiencies?

Does that Nourish product have a mixing instruction for pouring it into your soil?

If not then I would start them on a regular feeding of seaweed/kelp. If it does I would go with the Nourish product just to see if it works, and if not then switch to the seaweed product.

The seaweed product however, will definitely work, but you know me, if there is something new to try then I just have to try it🤣.

So here is what I see as the most important part. About a week ago you suspected a K problem. Your right there in the room with them and pictures aren't always the best at getting a proper diagnosis. Trust your gut, it seems it was correct. 👍👊.

Next time your gut tells you something, be a little patient, as in wait a day just to see if things are progressing in the manner that you suspected, then act on your gut instinct. It will get things fixed faster.

The waiting of a day stops knee jerk reactions which sometimes is a good thing.

@MedScientist I owe you an apology. I wasn't particularly receptive to hearing that the Blueberry has issues with water because there is no way this plant is being overwatered.
No apology necessary, but Very much appreciated! ❤️

I understand the frustration when things aren't going right. Especially, when it is something you haven't experienced before.

Overwatering diagnosis is very confusing because it is a Broad term for Water movement thru the plant, and can be caused by so many things. as @g-one-three pointed out this morning on another thread, plants sitting directly on a basement floor could keep the root zone too cold for water movement. Which is Legit and could be a factor! (Not on your grow)

Your plants are looking Alot Better! ❤️

I never stopped ❤️ing you, and hoping for your Success! ❤️

Good Morning Carmen, Well Good Afternoon for you I guess. Blueberry looks better today. Her leaves are up so thats a good sign.

If it's in all 3 then it's likely something lacking in the soil mix.
Yes definitely.
How regular are your top dressings? Are they scheduled weekly?
No, I gave one top dressing when they started flowering.
When the pots dry down, so right before watering, is the soil up top fluffy and loose, or is it crusty and you need to break it up?
It's light and fluffy. I run my fingers through it regularly.
Can you show some pictures of both some lower fans and the top fully opened fans from each plant, and if they have signs of deficiency then maybe some close ups of the deficiency. Just fully formed fans please.
Sure I can do that.
They all look like they are moving water well today. Do you think the foliar helped, or is it too soon to tell yet?
I'm certain the foliar helped, that and I gave the dose of calmag and K, so the cocktail has worked nicely.
I just did a fair bit of reading on Potassium as it's a deficiency I don't usually encounter.
I had a potassium deficiency in one of my last plants which is how I recognized this straight away.
Both kelp and greensand are an easy way to avoid it and I always use plenty of both.

From what I read, low K will amongst other things, greatly effect water transport thru the plant as it's a major player in stomata regulation, and when K gets low, Calcium will step in to replace it, as they are both a strong positively charged cation, which causes the plants internal cellular calcium pools to drop, leading to signs of calcium deficiency, even if calcium isn't actually deficient in the soil.
This! This is the kind of gold that makes all the difference. Thanks for doing the reading Gee man.
The plant uses internal calcium up, but can't bring enough new calcium in because K isn't running the stomata correctly, so water throughput can't resupply it fast enough.

Sound familiar? Plants not moving water correctly and showing both Ca and K deficiencies?

Does that Nourish product have a mixing instruction for pouring it into your soil?
It does yes. Every 14 days it says. Would that mean that I should wait another two weeks before dosing the plant again, or do you think it is different with a foliar?
If not then I would start them on a regular feeding of seaweed/kelp. If it does I would go with the Nourish product just to see if it works, and if not then switch to the seaweed product.

The seaweed product however, will definitely work, but you know me, if there is something new to try then I just have to try it🤣.

So here is what I see as the most important part. About a week ago you suspected a K problem. Your right there in the room with them and pictures aren't always the best at getting a proper diagnosis. Trust your gut, it seems it was correct. 👍👊.

Next time your gut tells you something, be a little patient, as in wait a day just to see if things are progressing in the manner that you suspected, then act on your gut instinct. It will get things fixed faster.

The waiting of a day stops knee jerk reactions which sometimes is a good thing.
Good advice.
Yes, wait on the myco until the plant needs watering. There will be some kind of instruction on the myco package for a drench, such as 1 tbsp per litre of water, or whatever they state as an amount.

Then only pour in as much as you would normally water. Pour it in in small amounts letting each small pouring completely soak in before pouring in more, and it's very important to mix it vigorously before each small pour, or else the majority of it comes out in the last pour and just sits on the surface.

The idea is to keep it mixed so every pour pushes the last pour deeper in, so you really want it mixed evenly for each pour.
Okey dokey, will do.
This is a good learning experience. By reading up on K I learned that a K def will cause the plant to replace K with calcium internally, as they are both strong cations, but with K playing a major role in water uptake, water uptake is curbed, causing calcium replacement to not occur properly, thus a K def will lead to a faux calcium def too, even if calcium is abundant in the soil.
That's amazing.
So thank you for that Carmen, it's good knowledge to have. If you suspect a K def and see signs of an over watered plant that isn't overwatered, and a cal def is starting, it is assurance that it's a K def👍👊

You can probably lose the heating pad now too.
Valuable information!

Back
Top Bottom