CaptainLucky's First Indoor Golden Tiger Grow 2023

Update: All my plants were fed @Prescription Blend with cal-mag. My GT is looking healthier since it has the cal-mag. Leaves are bright green and the new limbs also look healthy. I’m now running my light @60% 18/6. Overnight temps are high 60s- low 70s. Daytime temps are mid 70s n the RH 60-70%. The ph of the PB is 6.7%. Hopefully now I have everything dialed in I won’t be having any more issues. I’m thinking about adding Terpinator I’ve been seeing a lot of members using it thru their entire grow. Idk? Anyone have any suggestions? CL🍀

5448E388-B43B-4123-973B-EEAAFA0D02DD.jpeg

FFA0C481-4109-439E-870B-7FA8E4A42D74.jpeg

A4E8DD10-D515-447B-86E0-5D98F9040C93.jpeg

6C0AB135-6175-4763-A55F-CAACB54048EB.jpeg

B65E7106-9507-46A5-B411-54B8A2CA76F9.jpeg

4D396771-6FF3-4DDE-8EF0-43D4D342725C.jpeg

1B80310C-C269-4EF9-AC08-8F7469A07B6D.jpeg

E83A39A3-484B-48EE-B2C9-918DE7DD6F93.jpeg

EA336AF3-4471-4722-A6A2-D41F3F06C3E3.jpeg

Much happier! Though I think that none of the leaves should be touching the soil.
I’m thinking about adding Terpinator I’ve been seeing a lot of members using it thru their entire grow. Idk? Anyone have any suggestions?
I think you should follow the Rx Blend feed chart and not vary it at all. If you see something in a plant that looks like that might need to be adjusted, I would reach out to the folks who grow successfully with only Rx Blend and see what they've done.

Terpinator is just potassium phosphate.

Using my prescription blend and adding cal/mag first my PH goes down to 5.3 or 5.4. seems with my water I'm needing cal/mag. So, definitely have to use ph up.
Without my cal/mag, things balance out to correct ph, but I'm need more cal/mag.
Sorry for the rap, just in my head.

Using my prescription blend and adding cal/mag first my PH goes down to 5.3 or 5.4. seems with my water I'm needing cal/mag. So, definitely have to use ph up.
Without my cal/mag, things balance out to correct ph, but I'm need more cal/mag.
Sorry for the rap, just in my head.
How much are you adding? CL🍀

Can you tell me so I’m clear, I’m a bit fuzzy this evening.

What’s your medium? FF stuff no idea. Just Soil or Coco?

1ml/l cal mag always.

Do @Prescription Blend have a Soil set and a coco set or just one? If there are options which do you have?

Where are you measuring your nutes?

You should be mixing waiting a few minutes whilst stirring and testing in. 5.8 to 6.5 depending on your medium.

Testing the medium or run off I’m not interested but soil growers may have an opinion.

Next day if reusing nutes test again. Give them consistency.

A one litre bottle of PhDown and a little plastic syringe costs like $5 it pays serious dividends and takes a few minutes.

I know there are ways to mitigate Ph stuff but learning it is super valuable.

Nick

Can you tell me so I’m clear, I’m a bit fuzzy this evening.

What’s your medium? FF stuff no idea. Just Soil or Coco?

1ml/l cal mag always.

Do @Prescription Blend have a Soil set and a coco set or just one? If there are options which do you have?

Where are you measuring your nutes?

You should be mixing waiting a few minutes whilst stirring and testing in. 5.8 to 6.5 depending on your medium.

Testing the medium or run off I’m not interested but soil growers may have an opinion.

Next day if reusing nutes test again. Give them consistency.

A one litre bottle of PhDown and a little plastic syringe costs like $5 it pays serious dividends and takes a few minutes.

I know there are ways to mitigate Ph stuff but learning it is super valuable.

Nick
I’m checking the Ph daily, growing in soils. FFHF + FFHF. I have the plastic ones that come with PB. The directions for TSL cal-mag is 2ml. per gl. Anything else? CL🍀

I’m checking the Ph daily, growing in soils. FFHF + FFHF. I have the plastic ones that come with PB. The directions for TSL cal-mag is 2ml. per gl. Anything else? CL🍀
FFOF ( Fox Farm Ocean Forest) FFHF ( Fox Farm Happy frog)

Ocean Forest® is a powerhouse blend of aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss, earthworm castings, bat guano, fish emulsion, and crab meal.

It's a 5gallon bucket. Around 18 to 20 mls. Plus, the recommended amount of nutes which throws me down to 5.3. they lighten up on color if I don't add it maybe because of my tap water
That sounds like it would work. I do about 18ml in to 200L to get from 6.4 to 5.8 which is my magic number. But I’m coco peat so different number. Finding that number for me was a game changer. But I also learnt along the way you can play the Ph number and influence uptake of different things by the plants. Its very fun - but you don’t want to have to do it!

I have a graph 🤣. A favourite graph. In coco where you’re only a flush away from a reset its more useful.

Nick

I’d be 1mg cal mag p/l and whatever your faucet is doesn’t matter.

Mix it and soil type stuff send it in at 6.5 every time.

If that needs some adjustment then do it.

Nick
Why would I add only 1mL. when the directions clearly say add 2ml? CL🍀

Hey CL looking good. I've never had to add anything to the PB nutes, they have worked great on their own. My $.02.

Hey CL looking good. I've never had to add anything to the PB nutes, they have worked great on their own. My $.02.
Yeah but it does say certain strains may need it on the schedule. And if you look at the Golden Tiger stems are purple. Btw do you feed daily or water in between? I’ve been feeding daily but I also heard @Bill284 say some do a water in between. I’m wondering if these Sativas might benefit from it. CL🍀

Yeah but it does say certain strains may need it on the schedule. And if you look at the Golden Tiger stems are purple. Btw do you feed daily or water in between? I’ve been feeding daily but I also heard @Bill284 say some do a water in between. I’m wondering if these Sativas might benefit from it. CL🍀
I've done both, and it depends on how much runoff you have. I had the best results in soil by feeding every other time (feed-water-feed-water). It saves on nutrients, too ;)

I've done both, and it depends on how much runoff you have. I had the best results in soil by feeding every other time (feed-water-feed-water). It saves on nutrients, too ;)
Why would I add only 1mL. when the directions clearly say add 2ml? CL🍀
i don"t feed my seedlins inthe first 3 weeks & then only half strength & now & then only wa:Namaste:ter

Back
Top Bottom