CaptainLucky's First Indoor Golden Tiger Grow 2023

I did Panama haze a few years back. It really needs 6months of curing for it to shine. When I first tried it shortly after harvest, I wasn't overly impressed and just put the jars to one side. 6months later it was superb, even better than the pure Panama and that's saying something. Panama is up there as one of my favourites.

The zenith is a new release, I'm not sure if the US stockists of Ace seeds have it yet. I'm lucky as I'm in Southern Spain and Ace are located in northern Spain, so I get my order in just 2 days.

Zenith

STATE-OF-THE-ART SATIVA
This complex super-sativa is the zenith in our refinement of sativa hybrids. Its legendary lineage perfectly sums up our 20 years of fine breeding work with some of the best tropical sativas on the planet: Malawi and Zamal from the African continent, Panama from Central America, and Thai from South East Asia, combining in this complex sativa variety in an exquisitely balanced and perfectly symphonic way.

Not surprisingly, this state-of-the-art sativa probably produces the most beautiful and refined (in terms of terpenes and quality of effects) sativa flowers in our catalogue. The buds are huge, wide and pyramidal, dense and meaty, with an exceptional flower-to-leaf ratio, very highly resinous, and in many cases with pistils bristling in a spiral shape like a jellyfish.

The delicious sweet, floral, fruity and candy-like terpenes from our F1 elite Zamaldelica combine in equal parts with the unmistakable and powerful lemony, hashish and incense background of our 10th generation Panama Goddess, both also contributing exotic musky perfumes.

There are 2 main phenotypes, well differentiated and at the extremes. The first phenotype produces compact sativa plants, with hardly any stretch in flowering, overflowing buds and mind-blowing yields/m2, which produce a strong long-lasting energetic effect, this phenotype being the best expression of euphoric sativa in our catalogue that matures in only 9 weeks (in terms of production, potency, and quality of effects and terpenes).
This complex super-sativa is the zenith in our refinement of sativa hybrids. Its legendary lineage perfectly sums up our 20 years of fine breeding work with some of the best tropical sativas on the planet: Malawi and Zamal from the African continent, Panama from Central America, and Thai from South East Asia, combining in this complex sativa variety in an exquisitely balanced and perfectly symphonic way.

Not surprisingly, this state-of-the-art sativa probably produces the most beautiful and refined (in terms of terpenes and quality of effects) sativa flowers in our catalogue. The buds are huge, wide and pyramidal, dense and meaty, with an exceptional flower-to-leaf ratio, very highly resinous, and in many cases with pistils bristling in a spiral shape like a jellyfish.

The delicious sweet, floral, fruity and candy-like terpenes from our F1 elite Zamaldelica combine in equal parts with the unmistakable and powerful lemony, hashish and incense background of our 10th generation Panama Goddess, both also contributing exotic musky perfumes.

There are 2 main phenotypes, well differentiated and at the extremes. The first phenotype produces compact sativa plants, with hardly any stretch in flowering, overflowing buds and mind-blowing yields/m2, which produce a strong long-lasting energetic effect, this phenotype being the best expression of euphoric sativa in our catalogue that matures in only 9 weeks (in terms of production, potency, and quality of effects and terpenes).

I'm hoping for the first pheno; it'll make wicked cobs!

Popping seeds and gradually getting better we are closing in on 90%, but want to get closer to 95%.

We do paper towel but generally because of ambient temperature we expect 36/48 hours before ready to put in medium. Just the climate here I think accelerates the growth a bit.

A bit of swimming pool water to soak (its H2O2 which is handy) and we’re improving.

Having popped the same 3 strains twice within a week it was noticeable how the difference in moisture levels impacted the growth. Phase One less moisture Phase Two more moisture. Our sativas did better with less water. Our most indica (which is hybrid and a cousin of our most sativa) loved more water.

Its super hard with just a couple of seeds of a strain you’ve never grown before to expect 100% because just one fails you’re at 50/50 success. Coin flip right? Could have grown 10 and just had that same seed “fail to launch” as a wiser man than me said (Shed) and its 90% success which looks way better! so yeah your environment seems like you learn what works best for that bit.

My guess is yours like some of mine are slurping all the N they can at this stage and it will all be ok soon enough. But I stress this is a guess! Something I heard anecdotally.

“Steady as she goes, set sail for fair seas, and a bounty!”

Nick & Co

I did Panama haze a few years back. It really needs 6months of curing for it to shine. When I first tried it shortly after harvest, I wasn't overly impressed and just put the jars to one side. 6months later it was superb, even better than the pure Panama and that's saying something. Panama is up there as one of my favourites.

The zenith is a new release, I'm not sure if the US stockists of Ace seeds have it yet. I'm lucky as I'm in Southern Spain and Ace are located in northern Spain, so I get my order in just 2 days.

Zenith

STATE-OF-THE-ART SATIVA

I'm hoping for the first pheno; it'll make wicked cobs!
That sounds great and you gotta love ❤️ that short flowering from such a great Sativa. If it’s available it’s gonna be a future grow.Thanks CL🍀

Interesting that you don't have such success with the paper towel method.
I've used it exclusively for over 30yrs with great success, usually well over 90%.
A friend is sending me some 18 yr old Destroyer seeds; it'll be interesting to see how I get on with them though.

Apologies @CaptainLucky for hijacking your diary🙂
it was what I first tried when I started growing and for the first couple years. Id say my success rate was around 75%. Seems like 1 or 2 always didn't make it. Even if they shot out a tap root, once transplanted would just not grow. I will say that it was probably me at that point and not the method or a combination of me using what ever seeds I could get my hands on at the time. I just used my same method on some 7+ year old seeds I had. Mostly just wanted to see if they would germinate and they did. Took a little longer but they finally showed up.

it was what I first tried when I started growing and for the first couple years. Id say my success rate was around 75%. Seems like 1 or 2 always didn't make it. Even if they shot out a tap root, once transplanted would just not grow. I will say that it was probably me at that point and not the method or a combination of me using what ever seeds I could get my hands on at the time. I just used my same method on some 7+ year old seeds I had. Mostly just wanted to see if they would germinate and they did. Took a little longer but they finally showed up.
I went 0/25 on some GSC’s first time out. They were bought from a sponsor but not their own ones. Just reselling. 100% not their problem.

I could say 50% our fault and 50% the farms fault. But since then I like Shed’s approach.

Not our fault 🤣

I agree with shed when it comes to germinating seeds. If it doesn't sprout I'm more inclined to blame the seed. This time I was 5 for 5 and most times it's that way
When they don't sprout it's a seed issue and when they all sprout it shows the grower's skill!
I also ordered some PanamaX Haze and I’m gonna start them later then move outdoors when the weather permits it. CL🍀
Are you sure they have a flowering time that will let you harvest in time where you are?
(its H2O2 which is handy)
And pee, don't forget the pee.

When they don't sprout it's a seed issue and when they all sprout it shows the grower's skill!

Are you sure they have a flowering time that will let you harvest in time where you are?

And pee, don't forget the pee.
Yeah it’s says 11-13 weeks flowering so if it’s the Summer Solstice when I bring outdoors it’ll probably be mid September when I harvest. CL🍀

I'm in southern Spain and mine finished mid December. You'll be lucky if she's even properly flowering by early September. I'm at 37N.

you'll have to cover it at night for 12 hours from early August until the Autumn equinox to have a realistic chance of getting her to finish before the weather turns to shit. Sorry.

Is that 11-13 weeks in a tent? You're looking for the month they list for outdoors. I can't see you bringing an 11-13 week plant to harvest outside in Chicago. But I'll gladly watch you do it!
Guess it’ll be a tent grow, I have a big enuff light to do the job. CL🍀

that's a long flower time my friend. I had a sativa maui wowie a friend gave me one time I put outside with my other plants. Thing got like 10ft tall and I never thought that it would flower. All my other plants finished and that plant was barely showing pistils. I left it outside just to see what happened. It didn't finish till December but it was ruined by rain and cold. Never grew that again.

that's a long flower time my friend. I had a sativa maui wowie a friend gave me one time I put outside with my other plants. Thing got like 10ft tall and I never thought that it would flower. All my other plants finished and that plant was barely showing pistils. I left it outside just to see what happened. It didn't finish till December but it was ruined by rain and cold. Never grew that again.
Yeah I’m planning on doing a lot of LST to help keep it under control. CL🍀:morenutes::thanks::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom