Brandon's 2024 Grow Season

Your fresh frozen must go to extracts? Because I'd imagine freezing the fresh harvest buds without drying them would make for a pretty mushy result when thawing them out. :hmmmm:
It would be a mushy mess!

The fresh frozen never gets back to room temp until it’s in its consumers hands or depending on the cure style of the final product.

It goes straight from frozen bag into ice bath for removing of thricome heads using force of motion with water (vortex/paddling). The wet hash (thricome heads) harvested is then graded through several different size micron filter ice water bags ( 45u, 73-159u, and 160u). Those grades are kept separate and freeze dried in trays anywhere from 36-52 hours.

From then, the hash is kept cold and worked with in cold rooms. It can then be sold as is, to ‘melt’ or ‘full melt’ or for hash edibles.
or even cured from hash into piatella using a Spanish curing style that takes several weeks to months.

What I more commonly do is have the hash processors load the hash into micron filter press bags, and press the hash into rosin. From then I sell it as fresh press to distros, process it at low temp heat to make live rosin pens, or ‘cold cure’ it at 60-70 degrees and whipping for few days to a week. And then move it to distro’s as cold cure, a more stable product to work with. Ideally kept at fridge temperature when not consuming for term preservation, but not a necessity.

It would be a mushy mess!

The fresh frozen never gets back to room temp until it’s in its consumers hands or depending on the cure style of the final product.

It goes straight from frozen bag into ice bath for removing of thricome heads using force of motion with water (vortex/paddling). The wet hash (thricome heads) harvested is then graded through several different size micron filter ice water bags ( 45u, 73-159u, and 160u). Those grades are kept separate and freeze dried in trays anywhere from 36-52 hours.

From then, the hash is kept cold and worked with in cold rooms. It can then be sold as is, to ‘melt’ or ‘full melt’ or for hash edibles.
or even cured from hash into piatella using a Spanish curing style that takes several weeks to months.

What I more commonly do is have the hash processors load the hash into micron filter press bags, and press the hash into rosin. From then I sell it as fresh press to distros, process it at low temp heat to make live rosin pens, or ‘cold cure’ it at 60-70 degrees and whipping for few days to a week. And then move it to distro’s as cold cure, a more stable product to work with. Ideally kept at fridge temperature when not consuming for term preservation, but not a necessity.
Peep the last page of my posts from my 2022 thread in my signature, it has the results of the 2023 hash rosin cold cure in pictures for example

Finished harvesting the two difficult beds. Made some bacon wrapped ranch seasoned fried green tomatoes from the garden for lunch for me and the two people helping me.

Taking them home and hanging the two gelato beds for dry harvest by myself tomorrow.

Or you could work in a factory - probably be easier. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But this seems better. :thumb:

[Edit] Oh, hey! Do y'all spend a lot of time texting and watching reels on phones up there? I hope not.
No time for that this season. Sometimes I get stuck in the scrollies here and there in the bad weather and slow days of the winter. Hadn’t done any reel scrollies in a long time though.

Any time I’ve used to decompress or cool off has consisted of throwing YouTube videos of homesteading, farmings, and living organic soil related videos from all different random people.

Amazing the information out there and the shit people accomplish. Truly.

Back
Top Bottom