Brandon's 2024 Grow Season

Looki
The premium mix had nigh nutrient levels, rice hulls, and lava rock.
I’m not a fan of perlite… lava rock and rice hulls are more natural and last better long term for living soil. I may add one truckload of rice hulls or tote bag of lava rock to the compost.
Perlite breaks down into cement like compound over the years.
And Exactly on the math.

About 500-550 (20 gallon) fabric pots for the 2000 sq foot greenhouse
One plant per pot

A few variables, loads may not have been exact.. etc

5 gallons of compost in the bottom, 10
Gallons of soil, and 2-3 gallons of compost around the plant/top of pot. About 18 gallons in each bag.
looking into have 48 yards of compost and rice hulls blended delivered next week to use as
Top dressing for the greenhouse and all the full term beds and a few dep
Beds.

If it falls in the budget

The huge scale is amazing to hear about. :Namaste: I'm used to mixing my soils 2 cu. ft. at a time in a 80 gallon plastic tote, lol!

That’s super cool! I’ve used tarps and 30 gallon totes a lot for mixing nursery soil.

This scale seems to be impressive.. but it’s just steady work. Not like I have a 9-5 to drive too. Every time I walk outside my door i am free to work on farm duties.

Can seem overwhelming sometimes but when i look at the progress made, the joys well worth it feeling overwhelmed at times.

Right now I'm just whelm 😆

Man, the heat wave can't be helping with that. Ouch.
I was chillen 🧊 literally the hottest part of today.
Was in the 61 degree F dry room bucking down. Almost threw my sweater on.
There’s ways around this nonsense weather, just have to schedule my watering super early AM and other outside activities in the evening after it cools, anything during 2-6pm involves working in air conditioning or in a shady area (nursery).

I caved and dug my AC out of the closet & hooked it up. Apt was turning into a oven...
Now it's a comfy 80F, and I just found a nice bud of Afgoo I didn't know I had, so I'm good until PG&E calls wantin' money for their electrons, lol!
Damn costly electrons 😒 maybe one day I’ll be able to steal them straight from the sun.

Been working on water storage every morning before it gets to hot/dangerous to run the gas powered trash pump for the pond. Here’s a walk through of the main storage system, I’ll be adding tanks and revamping plumbing for the years to come.

I’m not within WiFi range currently, so if you are trying to view the video and it’s not available please give it a few hours and try again. It may not completely upload immediately on my end.

Back
Top Bottom