Brandon's 2024 Grow Season

Any advantage to a night harvest or you just run out of daylight?
Absolutely. I only harvest early am and late evening. Never mid day direct sun warm temps. The harvest totes get warm, the plants are warm, etc etc. hanging that much warm weed in a dry room on a warm day all that fast will overheat the room and lose quality in the herb… from terpene loss to possible rot, etc.
even the plants rubbing on the trellace or touching my sleeves will lose double the resin heads when warm versus when ‘cool’.

A cool fall day harvest is tolerable… summertime is a different story though.

5am farms for harvesting is real thing here.

Hello @Mycelium Farmer !

I am going to get some time to go through this journal entirely over the weekend. Fantastic photos, videos, and information!
While I'm traveling the journey here, can anyone point me to your trimming process posts? I am very interested in how you trim and cure.
I'll be following with enthusiasm. 💞
Currently final trimming process is done at distribution center. Off farm processing for the final trim or the final hash wash.

Thanks for going in! Appreciate the enthusiasm

My full time ranch hand is here for the year and we’ve been going non stop the last two days all day prepping the garden, bucking down the dry room, and doing some clean up while watering and maintaining the current plants.

I have a few pictures, but not a drop of energy to upload them with descriptions today

Maybe will have time Saturday when going to clone pick up.

IMG_5097.jpeg

The ypf looks super dank

Your a busy busy farmer my friend. :welldone:
Excellent work Amigo.
Just wondering what the bug situation is with those lights on.
It must be visible for miles.
I know my green house attracted bugs when I had lights on at night.
Thanks buddy

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Your a busy busy farmer my friend. :welldone:
Excellent work Amigo.
Just wondering what the bug situation is with those lights on.
It must be visible for miles.
I know my green house attracted bugs when I had lights on at night.
Thanks buddy

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
first, thank you!! I stay busy to say the least.
I’m sure we all do.

And great question.
I noticed lots of moths, but nothing that’s a problem in the garden with the plants

I still release my beneficial bugs. I haven’t sprayed in months. Since the last spray i posted here.
Had spider miters come in the nursery after the last spray so I went back to releasing a lot of green lacewing eggs.

No more mites

Also, as per legal compliance, if I’m not a working in the garden at night I cover the lighted beds with the dep tarps to block the light in.

Back
Top Bottom