Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

How's this? I'm not gonna lie, I shaved the stems with a potato peeler and my clone powder stuff is missing. Ugh.
PXL_20220620_210637077.PORTRAIT.jpg

that cutting from the very top was a little challenging to “downsize”.
EDIT: there are three cuttings in that cup!

Hey Boo, yay for cuttings! Sheds right, no rooting stuff required. VG did a little test and found that plain ol water worked best. As far as adding water, yes you will need to add some along the way. I judge it by weight of the cup, or you can be precise like Shedster. It’s a pretty forgiving cloning style. One last thing, in the tent, it seems to take better if you can place the cup under some foliage of a bigger plant. Less intensity is better for them to handle.

Your grown up plants are looking amazing, no surprise there. Such a green thumb you have Boo. :thumb:

Happy Friday! I'm not sure if this is part of the fade at the end of flower or if I messed up a feeding big time...
PXL_20220624_192820595.PORTRAIT.jpg

This is White Widow. Her tips have a lot of nute burn on them and I’ve not seen that with the PB nutrients previously.
PXL_20220624_192807522.PORTRAIT.jpg

She has a serious change in color going on. We are a little past 7 weeks in flower but there are still many fresh pistils on all of her buds. I must have given too much of something at the last feeding. :hmmmm:
Wedding Cake continues in flower and is looking good. The clones don’t look very good though.
PXL_20220624_192532227.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20220624_134639576.jpg

Finally, this young man was in my backyard several times this evening….He better stay away from my plants!
PXL_20220624_234440161.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20220624_234302318.PORTRAIT.jpg

That‘s it for tonight. Thanks for looking! :peace:

The WW doesn't look too bad- my plants usually get some tip burn toward the end of flower, I take it to mean I'm feeding them as much as they can handle...
Going by the pistils, she's got a ways to go, but it  is close enough to the end to start seeing some fade- I think she's going to finish up fine, Boo.
And that Wedding Cake looks great!

Personally, I'd be more nervous about the Black Bear than the White Widow! You could always flush and re-feed if you think you mixed the nutes wrong. Have the environment or lighting changed recently?

And I have found that some varieties don't seem to clone in perlite as easily as others. I have one remaining Sour G cutting in perlite (the others died), and still no roots after 41 days!

Boo I think those pistils look undamaged in any way, just colored. They look healthy to my eyes. I think this is part of the ripening.
That bear! Is that a cub or an adult?

Thanks all. Hopefully it is just early fade on the WW. Her buds are getting fat and foxtaily so I’m gonna let that continue. Dope Seeds sight says ten weeks from seed is harvest window. She is definitely at or past that point soooo. I still need to top Dream Queen so I will try to get her to clone as well.

The bear is a juvenile, likely kicked out of the den by momma recently, but he’s bigger than me and I think the burgers I was grilling may have had something to do with his continued interest. I literally just watched a very young baby deer run back and forth thru the yard this morning. Wonder where his/her momma is…:(

It's fabulous that you have wild life right there at the perimeter of your yard :) I hope the mommy and baby deer are reunited.

What a cute lil bear! (as long as it’s from a great distance!)

Sorry about those cuttings, they do look like there’re struggling a bit. The only question I can think of is, the perlite was rinsed out first, right? Other than that, @Virgin Ground is the one who taught me, maybe she has some more insight to give?

Did a quick rundown of my cloning process. Hope it helps.

Those cuttings under a big light?

Did a quick rundown of my cloning process. Hope it helps.

Those cuttings under a big light?
Hi VG. Thanks so much for the update! I have trouble seeing the water level in the perlite too. :cheesygrinsmiley: I’ll give it another shot today and start with them in water.
EDIT: The cuttings are under my Mar Hydro SP 3000, but tucked up under the WC like @Heavenly Hybrid suggested. I was wondering if they would do well under that little seedling light you recommended A few years ago?

Hi VG. Thanks so much for the update! I have trouble seeing the water level in the perlite too. :cheesygrinsmiley: I’ll give it another shot today and start with them in water.
EDIT: The cuttings are under my Mar Hydro SP 3000, but tucked up under the WC like @Heavenly Hybrid suggested. I was wondering if they would do well under that little seedling light you recommended A few years ago?
I have a bunch of cuttings in glass with perlite. It's easier to see the water level. I haven't noticed any adverse effects on the roots so far by having a little light on them. You could nest a clear cup in a solo if you are worried about light though.

That little smd would be perfect at about 10-12" away. Aren't they something like 20ish watts? I canna remember exactly.
I've had mine for over 10 years. Not bad for a $30ish light.

Those little smds are the best thing I've found for keeping bonsai moms. They grow really slow and don't consume much feed at that wattage. The extremely low to no heat output is also a plus.

S*U*E did a method years ago where she would tie solo cups into white plastic grocery bags. She would trap air so the cuttings weren't laying against the plastic. This was a great and cheap diy humidity dome and light diffuser. I actually used it myself years ago and it worked pretty great. You just want to open them daily to exchange air.

My method now consists of no dome. I think the cuttings can handle it ok if the rh in the room is no lower than 40%. I try to keep it around 50% if I can.

Back
Top Bottom