Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Everyone looks happy under your care obviously, even if they can't all be 4' tall!

I am perplexed about this "topping too soon" thing though. I thought you said you topped when you see actual flowers coming from the top growth rather than just pistils at the nodes indicating sex.

Enquiring minds want to know!
I thought I did see pistils coming from the top growth, so I topped her and she sat around for 2 weeks and then decided to get busy in flower. Pics coming up!

Happy Sunday Everybody! My little Wedding Cake auto is finally, truly in flower. She decided yesterday that it was time, and she is wasting no time flowering and stretching!

PXL_20220602_124945707.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220605_001042543.jpg

Shes really going for it now so we shall see how much she stretches over the next week.
PXL_20220605_124606281.jpg
PXL_20220605_141343055.PORTRAIT.jpg

For some reason Joe has decided that he likes to lay in front of that tent. If it weren’t for the light you likely wouldn’t be able to see him at all….silly boy. :love: Thanks for looking in.:peace:

Congrats, Boo. The Wedding Cake is loosed! :Rasta:

Joe has good watchdog instincts. He's protecting your assets!

Sweet!
Before you know it, she'll be 2 feet tall (or close to it):)

Let's look at the outdoor girls. I think Dream Queen may have some bleaching from the sun today. I've not seen this happen before so I'll let someone here help me?
PXL_20220605_210236637.jpg
PXL_20220605_210245293.jpg

She and the PUD Cake went outside yesterday and, aside from the bleaching, they both did well. PUD Cake is working on node 11 now so I think I'll top her at 10 and remove the lower 2 - is that how you do it @InTheShed ? She smells stinky already and is also starting to show her Purple. :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20220605_210304785.MP.jpg

PXL_20220605_211047259.PORTRAIT.jpg

I have been cloning the tops lately but either would work.

I'd start the outdoor girls at 4 or 4.5 gr/gal MC. They are easily big enough to take it.

She and the PUD Cake went outside yesterday and, aside from the bleaching, they both did well.
Without any hardening off? I'd say sun burn. Can you find a spot with dappled noon/afternoon sun for a few days?
PUD Cake is working on node 11 now so I think I'll top her at 10 and remove the lower 2 - is that how you do it @InTheShed ?
If the true first few nodes are still on there then that's how I do it. I don't think I ever end up with the first three by the pre-flower strip.

Are they going into the ground or will you be bracing them against the wind in pots again? :)
Better to take a side or the top?
I've had better luck with the sides, and since it sounds like you'll be taking a couple off the bottom, so both!
I thought I would start at 3 or 4 g/gal for the initial feed?
I'd go straight to 4.5.

Dream Queen may have some bleaching from the sun today.
Yeah, I agree w/ Shed- sunburn, but a fairly minor one.
I killed the first pot plant I ever grew by "treating" it to some sunshine...within an hour, the leaves had all turned white (all 6 of 'em), and by the next day, the plant was dead (might not have been all the way dead, but it was definitely "mostly dead":hmmmm:)

Thanks all for the comments and input! I plan to put both gals into 10 gallon pots. I think this year that may be okay since they were started in mid April and early May. I generally saw outside plants start to flower in July at the farm. So, I’m thinking I may have more “manageable” (smaller?) plants than usual due to the later start? We shall see. I’ve had my ex staying here with me for 2 weeks now, waiting to move into his new place since we sold the farm recently - and 2 weeks is a long time for any kind of visitor… He’s done a lot of work outside for me and I am grateful, but I feel like I can’t seem to make my normal list of things to do (which includes the transplant and topping of the outdoor ladies) without him “supervising”, so I think I will wait until he heads down to GA on Wednesday (for a week! :yahoo: ). Wake and Bake and play in dirt on Wednesday.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: :ganjamon:

So, I’m thinking I may have more “manageable” (smaller?) plants than usual due to the later start?
Probably, although a lot will depend on the stretch, and ya never know how that's going to go until it happens...

Happy Friday! Things are rolling along here, and the weather has been glorious. I've gotten some stuff done outdoors....but still haven't topped or transplanted the PUD Cake. She took 4.5 g/gal of MC on Wednesday morning and she hasn't skipped a beat.
PXL_20220610_211820234.jpg
PXL_20220610_211833130.jpg

She is showing sex pistils now, along with the staggering of nodes. That makes me wonder if I should top a little higher… :hmmmm: I did get this done:
PXL_20220610_212847807.MP.jpg

I still need to fix the end of the pallet on the left, and also prep 10 gallon pots with proper soil. We are supposed to have showers tonight and off and on all day tomorrow so it looks like Sunday will be the day. I need to get it done! :cheesygrinsmiley: Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and thanks for looking.:peace:

Is that a bit of purple I see coming in on the PUD?
(dead center in the pic, may just be a shadow)

Purple or not, she's a beauty, Boo- she's definitely very happy out there!

Back
Top Bottom