AngryBird's Perpetual Organic Garden, T8 Lights, Homemade Food

Be very Very careful asking staff members ect for growing stuff. They may have looked at you funny when really they knew exactly what you want and exactly what for! I had a friend go to a hardware store and buy a light fixture. 4 months later he had a biker gang at his doorstep to take his herb and grow equipment to!

Jimdogggy
yeah I know.. but these light sockets are mentioned too in photo studios :winkyface:

That helps a bunch thank you! Sorry I'm new to all this light stuff still wrapping my head around it :)

Jimdogggy

Fixing a single light socket isn't that difficult. It just needs attention on details, but you can't do this on your own, unless you have someone who knows to show you, for the first time.

Birdy, I'm familiar with the LST diagram and it's perfectly valid however, my experience is that it requires a rather large container to get the configuration they show. I personally just top and bend the resulting branches, but I'm spacially handicapped! :)

Birdy, I'm familiar with the LST diagram and it's perfectly valid however, my experience is that it requires a rather large container to get the configuration they show. I personally just top and bend the resulting branches, but I'm spacially handicapped! :)
I agree with this. Just bend the plant as she grows, unless you snap her she will grow in any direction. Look at Light Addicts fluxing technique it's amazing!

Jimdogggy

I agree with this. Just bend the plant as she grows, unless you snap her she will grow in any direction. Look at Light Addicts fluxing technique it's amazing!

Jimdogggy

I'm very familiar with LA's fluxing technique (for someone that's never fluxed! :) ) and it is amazing and LA is a fantastic grower (and a great guy!).

However, IMHO, that is a technique for those with lots of space and/or lots of time. While the technique certainly produces "POTM-quality" plants, I think the time, space, and effort aren't practical for a small grow space.

Assuming the fluxes are twice the size of a "non-fluxed" plant, it means I can get two non-fluxed plants in the same foot print and take them BOTH through harvest in about half the time. With autos, even quicker (although, I don't do autos either! :) ).

In my small space, I just want to grow enough for personal use to get me through to the next harvest.

If you see LA's growroom, it's HUGE and he's got a lot more going on at any one time than just a flux. If I had his space, I'd definitely give fluxing a try but until then, it's the 'ol topping, LST, & Supercropping for me! :)

I'm very familiar with LA's fluxing technique (for someone that's never fluxed! :) ) and it is amazing and LA is a fantastic grower (and a great guy!).

However, IMHO, that is a technique for those with lots of space and/or lots of time. While the technique certainly produces "POTM-quality" plants, I think the time, space, and effort aren't practical for a small grow space.

Assuming the fluxes are twice the size of a "non-fluxed" plant, it means I can get two non-fluxed plants in the same foot print and take them BOTH through harvest in about half the time. With autos, even quicker (although, I don't do autos either! :) ).

In my small space, I just want to grow enough for personal use to get me through to the next harvest.

If you see LA's growroom, it's HUGE and he's got a lot more going on at any one time than just a flux. If I had his space, I'd definitely give fluxing a try but until then, it's the 'ol topping, LST, & Supercropping for me! :)
You have a very good point about space and time fluxing does take alot longer. Either way check LA out angry bird you'll be amazed!!

Jimdogggy

now that right there mr krip gave me a chuckle.

personally, i'm lectriclly challenged! lol

My buddy is an electrician and he told me that there's only two things I need to know about electricity:

1) It's invisible
2) It will kill you!

:Namaste:

well, i personally am not lectrically challenged but my house therefore my grow space is.

scary stuff when a guy doesn't know what he's doing.

the smart ones step back and leave it to a pro.

i'm in between those, i know enough to not be dangerous, but also know my limits. and when to call a pro. which, i have never had to do yet in 45 years, lol.

not all luck, not all skill, gotta use common sense and caution too.

have "safe" fun eh

My buddy is an electrician and he told me that there's only two things I need to know about electricity:

1) It's invisible
2) It will kill you!

:Namaste:

yep, you got that right.

Hello AngryBird, just settling on a front row cushion :) I am a bit late to send :hug::hug::hug: when you needed them, more practically I suggest emailing your seed supplier and say you planted all seeds in identical conditions and only 2 sprouted and are now doing well, I have heard that some sponsors do send replacements, it is definitely worth a try because you simply must experience the luxurious smoke of Cream Caramel ;)

now that right there mr krip gave me a chuckle.

personally, i'm lectriclly challenged! lol

yep, you got that right.

Well I was taught in school how to wire and fix easy lights with or without a switch... so little bird knows how :)

Hello AngryBird, just settling on a front row cushion :) I am a bit late to send :hug::hug::hug: when you needed them, more practically I suggest emailing your seed supplier and say you planted all seeds in identical conditions and only 2 sprouted and are now doing well, I have heard that some sponsors do send replacements, it is definitely worth a try because you simply must experience the luxurious smoke of Cream Caramel ;)
HI and welcome :welcome: no one is ever late here :)

I am 99% sure I killed the seeds so it is ok. Thank you for helping though.

By (hopefully) end of next week I will have 4 Jack Herer and 2 Blue Dream to try with. Everyone here helped me understand and stop panicking and over watering so I am now ready with coco coir pellets just waiting for new seeds :)

By (hopefully) end of next week I will have 4 Jack Herer and 2 Blue Dream to try with. Everyone here helped me understand and stop panicking and over watering so I am now ready with coco coir pellets just waiting for new seeds :)

In the US our schools aren't as progressive. Basic wiring is something everyone should know, as well as learning when to call in an expert. I was lucky, being married to a trained electrician. We added a separate circuit to our apartment for exotic plants Dale was fond of growing, so when he stopped growing and I started with my tiny closet I took over that unused circuit. It helps me sleep well at night knowing my grow has its own line.

Funny story about that. When we ran the line we did it with conduit, rather than go into these old walls and snake it around. It worked well, and the landlord wasn't simply ok with it, he covered the cost of all materials. We were at the end of the job, with one more conduit to attach to the wall and the box it was feeding. Dale was sitting on the floor wiring up that box when he had a blood vessel break in his left eye, essentially rendering him nearly blind. So what to do? No way in hell was he going to stop that close to the end. His solution was to climb the ladder with the drill and parts in hand and then let our daughter guide him from the floor with verbal directions,"...a little more to the right Dad,... Up just a 1/4"...... right there, drill right there."

My blind electrician. :laughtwo: Ahhhhhh..... We laughed over that episode for years.

I'm glad to hear you have more seeds coming. Those were practice seeds. You weren't supposed to stress if they faltered, and I'm pleased you got two good plants out of them. Two's a good starting point anyway. I caution you, it's easy to get overwhelmed because we all want to grow more. Find your comfort zone and try to resist the siren call of "More.

Don't strain the plant material out. For one, there's no reason to bother, and although I can't prove it, my instinct tells me there's value in the plant material we don't yet understand.

I'm thrilled that the recipes beginning to get some usage. They're powerful medicine and one of the best rides ever, right? :laughtwo: Canna, try leaving the caramel out, adding an additional 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and a splash of vegetable oil (or hemp, if you have it) to give it better texture now that you added more chocolate. The olive oil gives it an odd taste I've grown to love since I equate it with a speedy high. I prefer the taste of the coconut oil.

I can't wait to try this recipe! When my harvest is complete it's one of the first things I'm going to try. Was also thinking about making extra olive oil and using it vinegarette salad dressing, since I mostly live on salads!

I think I'll try the brownies with coconut oil if that makes them taste better.

Thanks Sue for the recipe! :thanks:

yep my grow has 2 separate circuits that i ran myself too. nice to know some of the code, and beyond that just a bit of knowledge of how to do it right and safe.

In the US our schools aren't as progressive. Basic wiring is something everyone should know, as well as learning when to call in an expert. I was lucky, being married to a trained electrician. We added a separate circuit to our apartment for exotic plants Dale was fond of growing, so when he stopped growing and I started with my tiny closet I took over that unused circuit. It helps me sleep well at night knowing my grow has its own line.

Funny story about that. When we ran the line we did it with conduit, rather than go into these old walls and snake it around. It worked well, and the landlord wasn't simply ok with it, he covered the cost of all materials. We were at the end of the job, with one more conduit to attach to the wall and the box it was feeding. Dale was sitting on the floor wiring up that box when he had a blood vessel break in his left eye, essentially rendering him nearly blind. So what to do? No way in hell was he going to stop that close to the end. His solution was to climb the ladder with the drill and parts in hand and then let our daughter guide him from the floor with verbal directions,"...a little more to the right Dad,... Up just a 1/4"...... right there, drill right there."

My blind electrician. :laughtwo: Ahhhhhh..... We laughed over that episode for years.

I'm glad to hear you have more seeds coming. Those were practice seeds. You weren't supposed to stress if they faltered, and I'm pleased you got two good plants out of them. Two's a good starting point anyway. I caution you, it's easy to get overwhelmed because we all want to grow more. Find your comfort zone and try to resist the siren call of "More.

:circle-of-love: They want us to be safe and independent. Also I have always been curious on to "how does it work" ?
So knowing things has always been #1 priority

Yeah, I felt I wanted to have 4-6 plants from start.. it is " enough to take care of. And once I stopped feeling like an " idiot" for killing the other seeds... I was kindly asked if I wanted help to get some more :love:.

I can't wait to try this recipe! When my harvest is complete it's one of the first things I'm going to try. Was also thinking about making extra olive oil and using it vinaigrette salad dressing, since I mostly live on salads!

I think I'll try the brownies with coconut oil if that makes them taste better.

Thanks Sue for the recipe! :thanks:
So am I... brownies and "spiked" olive oil is top of list.. then capsules...

yep my grow has 2 separate circuits that i ran myself too. nice to know some of the code, and beyond that just a bit of knowledge of how to do it right and safe.
always ..better safe than sorry...
not ALL electricians are " good electricians " Sometimes we all need a Dale (Sue's husband) in our life.
My hubby is real good too with the heavy wiring. (Fuse board etc) So I know he takes good care of the part I can't deal with :circle-of-love:

And Keith.. must have been ABSOLUTELY wonderful growing up in your parents greenhouse ( if not then.. looking back now)

:thanks: super good

It was a lot of work and chores at the time, but I did know I was learning things my classmates didn't get to experience. I complained when the work was hot and stinky for sure. But, it was a good childhood, I couldn't ask for better parents. They weren't perfect, none are, but they tried. All any of us can do is give the effort. They had 4 acres for greenhouses and another 8 acres for a nursery, with a big moat dug around it to store rainwater. Organic everything, my Dad grew soil, he only bought chicken, horse and cow crap, all the rest was composting and amendments. Hardly anything was considered trash, everything was reused in some way or another. Clay Pots by the thousands, no plastic for Dad. And guess who got to shovel tons of hot stinking crap?

I did learn so much hands on about plants and horticulture, it has paid back dividends my whole life. Many folks on here would shoot my growing techniques full of holes, but they work for me. That is one reason I am so hesitant to offer advice, it's not conventional and "breaks rules" I see posted all over the place. It's all just what I have learned from Mom and Dad, by my own hands and eyes, my trial and error, not books or articles. I don't ever tell anyone they are growing anything incorrectly, the plant will tell them loud and clear if they look and feel. I love plants, all kinds of plants, my house is a freakin jungle!

Keith

It was a lot of work and chores at the time, but I did know I was learning things my classmates didn't get to experience. I complained when the work was hot and stinky for sure. But, it was a good childhood, I couldn't ask for better parents. They weren't perfect, none are, but they tried. All any of us can do is give the effort. They had 4 acres for greenhouses and another 8 acres for a nursery, with a big moat dug around it to store rainwater. Organic everything, my Dad grew soil, he only bought chicken, horse and cow crap, all the rest was composting and amendments. Hardly anything was considered trash, everything was reused in some way or another. Clay Pots by the thousands, no plastic for Dad. And guess who got to shovel tons of hot stinking crap?

I did learn so much hands on about plants and horticulture, it has paid back dividends my whole life. Many folks on here would shoot my growing techniques full of holes, but they work for me. That is one reason I am so hesitant to offer advice, it's not conventional and "breaks rules" I see posted all over the place. It's all just what I have learned from Mom and Dad, by my own hands and eyes, my trial and error, not books or articles. I don't ever tell anyone they are growing anything incorrectly, the plant will tell them loud and clear if they look and feel. I love plants, all kinds of plants, my house is a freakin jungle!

Keith

:circle-of-love: Your advice is always welcome to me.. I can try and see if it fits to my way or with some small changes fits into the way I grow or my conditions... :)
It is always like that when you grow up.. you know you learn something..but you don't appreciate until later...
I grew up with green plants indoors. My mother has green fingers.. Later in life, I had the same . Anything I grew went BIG and GREEN!
That is why it was so frustrating to fail with 5 seeds and OVER watering 1 plant..almost killing it!
Thank you for stopping by, and don't be a stranger :love:

Back
Top Bottom