AngryBird's Perpetual Organic Garden, T8 Lights, Homemade Food

BIG question... so WHEN do I need to water the ladies??? I have gotten a total scare.. and have lost my instinct hopefully temporary,
pineapple was re potted I did not water soil before placing her there

I did add water around the edges of pot nothing feels wet or moist. I will take a pcture tomorrow for checking on differences. because it looked like she was slacking a bit now.

I also added another light cfl 20W ( lights 100W) and FINALLY got myself a timer... :woohoo:
Congrates on the new light and timer buddy! I've only just picked up a timer myself and i must say it's one less thing to worry about. With water your plants will tell you when they need it. I normally jam my little finger as deep as I can in the soil. If i pull my finger out and it's wet/there is moist soil sticking to it I won't water. I have plants outside in the bush that go a good half a month with only the bits of rain water we get (fuck all on summer) like I said once a problem arises then look at it until then leave them to it, they will start sagging if you haven't watered then ya know it's time!

Jimdogggy

If the top 1/4" or so feels dry and she looks like she's "slacking" go ahead and give her a drink...just don't drench the whole container. Try to only add enough so that you'll need to re-water again in a couple of days.

I will waitfor slacking...and hopefully it is slacking due to water and not illness :circle-of-love:
Congrat's on the new light & timer! :high-five:

I'm not to good with oil but use my butter trick and you'll be stoned for days. My gf (smoking for 6 years without missing a day at all) had two of my brownies one night. I had to help her to bed she couldn't walk at all that's how strong they are 

Jimdogggy
I will do that :rofl: My husband will surely like to be stoned for days :rofl:

Congrates on the new light and timer buddy! I've only just picked up a timer myself and i must say it's one less thing to worry about. With water your plants will tell you when they need it. I normally jam my little finger as deep as I can in the soil. If i pull my finger out and it's wet/there is moist soil sticking to it I won't water. I have plants outside in the bush that go a good half a month with only the bits of rain water we get (fuck all on summer) like I said once a problem arises then look at it until then leave them to it, they will start sagging if you haven't watered then ya know it's time!

Jimdogggy

gotta learn the rough weight of your pots when dry birdie. that will be your best resource when checking for need. so if you have an extra pot, fill it with the same mix and keep it dry. there's your comparison.

and stop bloody worrying so much....lmao you worrying is spreading bad karma to your young ones.

Normally.. when I re plant I usually water the soil a bit first.. this time I didn't due to the possible root rot.
I will try not to worry. :circle-of-love:

I've made canna butter many times and we love it in savory dishes. It's got a creamy herb flavor and goes great in gravy, noodles, biscuits. Those sorts if things. The creamy herbiness that you get with the butter stays with the brownies. They did the trick, but the flavor Balance was off for me. I'm no chef, but I'd like to think I know what flavors go together. I didn't like it in the brownies or the caramel I made.

Having said that, Sue's bio bomb brownies are where it's at! I actually made the oil like she does. I did use coconut and olive oil in ours. Followed all of her other directions. I was unsure if I should strain the oil from the mj, so I left it in. What could it hurt, ya know? Let me tell you, BEST medical brownies I've ever had the joy to consume! I feel special that she's more than willing to share that perfect recipe with me/us all. I think she recently blogged it so she doesn't have to search for it. I'd check her blog area to get it.

Have a great day ladies and gents!

:love:

Don't strain the plant material out. For one, there's no reason to bother, and although I can't prove it, my instinct tells me there's value in the plant material we don't yet understand.

I'm thrilled that the recipes beginning to get some usage. They're powerful medicine and one of the best rides ever, right? :laughtwo: Canna, try leaving the caramel out, adding an additional 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and a splash of vegetable oil (or hemp, if you have it) to give it better texture now that you added more chocolate. The olive oil gives it an odd taste I've grown to love since I equate it with a speedy high. I prefer the taste of the coconut oil.

Congratulations on the light and timer AngryBird. The timer will make your life so much less stressful and the light will make the plants happy, which in the end will make you very happy. :high-five:

Congratulations on the light and timer AngryBird. The timer will make your life so much less stressful and the light will make the plants happy, which in the end will make you very happy. :high-five:
Thank you for coming and yes,, timer makes it easier..finally!!
Although I am sad for the rest of the seeds.

I have been searching in the stores for a bulb splitter (read 2 or 3) that can hold 3 0r 4 bulbs..... no where to be found... need to order from another country?!

Jeezzzzz have had enough of electrical work ( fixing lights myself) ( hey Grizz.... :rofl:)

Found a four light splitter here in Aus, which I didn't think we sold, $20.. Each light can be up to 250w so 1000w total.. I found by goggle light splitter, then options in shop goggle should come from your country...

I found a 3-splitter ONLY in 2 different stores on the internet NO choice of other brands or more sockets.. when I went around the stores they looked at me like I was from another planet.
( Speaking to electricians) I even drew a picture.. and answer was.. never heard of it...
Somethings are better looked at with your own eyes for quality.. and I never fool around with electricity and wires. Always done "by the book".. I don't want to fry anyone.

I have been searching in the stores for a bulb splitter (read 2 or 3) that can hold 3 0r 4 bulbs..... no where to be found... need to order from another country?!

Jeezzzzz have had enough of electrical work ( fixing lights myself) ( hey Grizz.... :rofl:)

I found a 3-splitter ONLY in 2 different stores on the internet NO choice of other brands or more sockets.. when I went around the stores they looked at me like I was from another planet.
( Speaking to electricians) I even drew a picture.. and answer was.. never heard of it...
Somethings are better looked at with your own eyes for quality.. and I never fool around with electricity and wires. Always done "by the book".. I don't want to fry anyone.

Birdy, you can get THREE two-way splitters. The first one goes into the socket to give you two sockets; and the other two go in each end of the first splitter to give you four sockets.

This can be extended to more bulbs with additional splitters, but each adds height and weight to the fixture and you need to be careful you don't overload the socket, which really won't happen (practically!) with LED's.

Most of that stuff is packed for me right now, or I'd take a picture! ;)

I unpacked them just so I could get pics for you! :love:

OK...Here is what the three 2-way adapters should look like. The black piece in front is simply an extender since, depending on the fixture it's going into, the "Y" in the first adapter may need extra clearance. If needed, you can also screw multiple extenders together to get a longer extension:

DSCN35953.JPG

DSCN35923.JPG
DSCN35932.JPG

Voila! Four sockets! :winkyface:

good on ya birdie for being safe.

mr.krip has hown you exactly what i was thinking as i read your post.

perfecto!!!

have fun eh

Be very Very careful asking staff members ect for growing stuff. They may have looked at you funny when really they knew exactly what you want and exactly what for! I had a friend go to a hardware store and buy a light fixture. 4 months later he had a biker gang at his doorstep to take his herb and grow equipment to!

Jimdogggy

OK...Here is what the three 2-way adapters should look like. The black piece in front is simply an extender since, depending on the fixture it's going into, the "Y" in the first adapter may need extra clearance. If needed, you can also screw multiple extenders together to get a longer extension:

DSCN35953.JPG

DSCN35923.JPG
DSCN35932.JPG

Could you explain on how you would next wire that to be active? My problem is I'm using pre wired lights that can only handle 30w. being able to do this would be a life saver but obviously google searching "how to wire a lightbulb" may bring up red flags. Any help here would be great :)

Jimdogggy

Could you explain on how you would next wire that to be active? My problem is I'm using pre wired lights that can only handle 30w. being able to do this would be a life saver but obviously google searching "how to wire a lightbulb" may bring up red flags. Any help here would be great :)

Jimdogggy

Well, those Y-adapters/splitters just screw into a normal light socket. The whole contraption is just an extension of a normal light socket, but a single socket will support multiple light bulbs, especially when using CFL's that have very low draw.

When you say you're using pre-wired lights, I assume you mean that you have a whole fixture and not just a single socket. And, I'm guessing each socket in the fixture is rated for 30w. A picture would tell me better, but if that's the case, you'll be limited to a single 24w CFL light in each socket (or two 12w CFL's with a splitter). They do make some 12w and 24w LED grow bulbs you could use, too!

Well, those Y-adapters/splitters just screw into a normal light socket. The whole contraption is just an extension of a normal light socket, but a single socket will support multiple light bulbs, especially when using CFL's that have very low draw.

When you say you're using pre-wired lights, I assume you mean that you have a whole fixture and not just a single socket. And, I'm guessing each socket in the fixture is rated for 30w. A picture would tell me better, but if that's the case, you'll be limited to a single 24w CFL light in each socket (or two 12w CFL's with a splitter). They do make some 12w and 24w LED grow bulbs you could use, too!
Give me 5 seconds I'll quickly go snap a picture!

Jimdogggy

Jim, it looks like each one of those fixtures will take a 100w light bulb. So, instead of a 100w bulb, you could (for example) put in the splitter configuration I showed with (4) 12w or 24w CFL's (since 4x24w=96w, you'd still be under the 100w max).

Did that answer the question, or am I missing something?

Jim, it looks like each one of those fixtures will take a 100w light bulb. So, instead of a 100w bulb, you could (for example) put in the splitter configuration I showed with (4) 12w or 24w CFL's (since 4x24w=96w, you'd still be under the 100w max).

Did that answer the question, or am I missing something?
That helps a bunch thank you! Sorry I'm new to all this light stuff still wrapping my head around it :)

Jimdogggy

Birdy, you can get THREE two-way splitters. The first one goes into the socket to give you two sockets; and the other two go in each end of the first splitter to give you four sockets.

This can be extended to more bulbs with additional splitters, but each adds height and weight to the fixture and you need to be careful you don't overload the socket, which really won't happen (practically!) with LED's.

Most of that stuff is packed for me right now, or I'd take a picture! ;)

DSCN35953.JPG

DSCN35923.JPG
DSCN35932.JPG

Thank
you for doing that reps++ for you.
MY thoughts was like this:

1 plant with 1 splitter 3-4 sockets. and plant would be tied down like this:
LST_ing_Method1.jpg

(found the pic on the net a few months ago)

This is my thought on my 1st LST attempt. IT looks like the easiest 1st try.
The top cut, tie down with string that so many are doing is my next project!

That helps a bunch thank you! Sorry I'm new to all this light stuff still wrapping my head around it :)

Jimdogggy

No worries, Brother! Asking questions is the #2 way that we all learn! Unfortunately, failure is the #1 way and, in this case, #2 beats #1 any day! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom