6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

Hey Horse, thanks. I write those moments off as being just another DRI. Had more than my share.

The space being used for the vertical grow is 3'W x 3.5' L x 4'H. The 4' is what attracted me to the vertical concept.

I haven't noticed the cage even getting warm. The fan pushes all the heat away. The average room temperature is generally about 8-10 degrees warmer than the garage. Easily keeping temps between 72 and 84.

Envious of the scrog smoking. :tokin: :yummy:

Wow, the camera makes that space look much bigger! Same attraction to the vertical offering, like a moth to a flame :cool:

Good to hear the cage stays comfortable, now the only waffle marks on me will be the wire rust :)

It's halloween night, and Mrs. Horse likes really poorly done "scary" movies, good medication is a necessity :tokin:

:peace:

Update:

I ended up watering with straight rain water yesterday. No big reason other than I had no empty containers to do any kind of mix.

24 hours later the organic side is still humming along great. The purple side showed some problems. The Blue Dragon showed some minor cal/mag issues, the Headband showed a little bit more of a mag issue and the GDP had clear cal/mag issues in a number of fan leaves. Hints of yellow and little brown spots. Only in 6 or 7 fans.

I dumped two tsp of calmag into a gallon of rain water and split it between the three plants.

The organic GDP also had maybe three fan leaves that pointed to a minor mag issue. So I mixed up about a small amount of epsom salts with about a pint of water. :morenutes:

The GDP appears to be my canary in the coal mine for this grow.

I also performed some additional LST to branches that had become prominent after the initial LST to the main stem.

I would have done some pictures but my camera was "stolen" for a Halloween party. I will do some tomorrow after the thief is done with it. :blunt:

Wow, the camera makes that space look much bigger! Same attraction to the vertical offering, like a moth to a flame :cool:

Good to hear the cage stays comfortable, now the only waffle marks on me will be the wire rust :)

It's halloween night, and Mrs. Horse likes really poorly done "scary" movies, good medication is a necessity :tokin:

:peace:

I thought the phrase was like a joint to a flame.:Rasta:

For me it was neighborhood trick or treating and a Munsters marathon.:slide:

Aw man... you aint screwing around! Got some sweet sounding strains and dumped the cfl's. Making me look bad :smokin: just kidding, you doing pretty good and sounds like your doing a fine job problem solving. I would think they just needed the Epsom too (IMO). Good luck and take care :popcorn:

Just finished reading through your journal Two Tokes. I have to say I am really excited to see where this road goes! Loving the DIY ingenuity.

:goodjob:

Thany-you so much. Let me take this opportunity to thank you for all the education I have received from reading your posts. :thumb::thanks:

Aw man... you aint screwing around! Got some sweet sounding strains and dumped the cfl's. Making me look bad :smokin: just kidding, you doing pretty good and sounds like your doing a fine job problem solving. I would think they just needed the Epsom too (IMO). Good luck and take care :popcorn:

Welcome siscokid. Still got plenty of cfl's for the soon to be set up vegging room.

:blunt:

Here is a leaf from the GDP_P. You can clearly see the cal deficiency but the low mag yellowing disappeared.

110110_001.JPG

The BD_P is growing like weed. You can see some of the on going bondage. It is amazing how much the plants have adjusted in just a day and a half.

110110_002.JPG

Some pleasantly medicated person submitted a post leaving off 4 of the pictures. "Bad person!!"

HB_P. I am trying to pull all the main growth toward the back of the pots in a sort of bushy palm frond look.

110110_003.JPG

HB_O. Looking real fine to me.

110110_004.JPG

GDP_O. Couldn't ask much more of a plant.

110110_005.JPG

BD_O. Still the scrawniest of the bunch but coming on strong.

110110_006.JPG

As usual all the organic plants look healthier than their purple counter parts. It gets real tempting to add some of the organic DM to the purple pots but Setting Sun has some fine looking plants done with purple. I still might add a little scoop of extra prills on top. :morenutes:

Funny thing happenned on the way to hydroponic shop...well actually at the hydroponic shop. (just wanted to use the line)

I went to a little shop nearby that I had not been in yet. I had more knowledge of the merchandise than the person there who talked like he was an owner. Now I did grow 30 years ago but all my information that would apply to his store came from 6 weeks of reading at 420magazine. :thumb::thumb::thumb: Thanks 420magazine!!!
:cheer::passitleft::woohoo::tommy::rocker::theband::420:

Seems like I have been vegging forever but when I looked back at this journal it has only been 3 weeks since sticking the clones in mini-hempies. WOW

All the bits that i had marked to be future clones are know important stems. Need to just veg enough longer to let some other parts grow out enough to donate themselves to future grows. Might be going 12/12 on Bonfire Day yet. If not, it might be amusing to do it with the return to standard time but I will not go any longer than Veterans Day. :Rasta:

No big update, just a little bit of rambling.

All the plants are looking good and racing ahead to 12/12. Right now the target is to put them into darkness to celebrate Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes Day). A strange holiday but it includes fireworks and any holiday that includes fireworks is OK with me. :partyboy::partyboy: This would make the start of 12/12 coincide with the end of DST so lazy old me will not have to adjust any timers.

The LST has taken plants that should be 20" tall and is holding them to 9".

I don't know if there will be enough grow out for clones but I can always take a few a short way into 12/12. Just need enough to preserve the species and a couple extra GDP and HB for a potential small scrog experiment.

Some seeds are soon to be ordered to replace any strain I am not thrilled with from this grow. If there is such a thing. There will be plenty of time to pop and veg them while waiting for this grow to reach completion.

Before that i need to finish light proofing the current space and finish preparations for the ventilation. The carbon filter won't arrive until next week. The old Living Air machine I found in my stuff has wiped out any odor until now but I doubt it could keep that up through flowering.

Still haven't figured out how to control plant growth and light distance. Just going to wing it. Wait for the plants to reveal their intentions.

Time to protect my heart. (Bordeaux). :morenutes::blunt:

Plants are looking great TwoTokes, and so are the pics!

I'm like you, itching to pull the 12/12 switch. Another week at most I think. They'll still fill out a ton once the lights change. I'm debating on taking clones, I'm either going to do that or germ some more seeds. I'd like to get to a place where I'm growing 3 sets of 3 plants, all a month apart but all in the same room. That should be close to a perpetual harvest.

Keep up the :goodjob::tokin:

looking good TT ;).

Nice job on the LST.

Great journal management too. Your writing style is similar to mine, so feels sorta like home ;).

BTW, once I fixed my mag deficiency, my DM purple plants also showed an N deficiency, which I fixed by top-dressing with 2Tbsp of OC+.

I think mixing both might work pretty well, since one releases nutes more through temperature, and one through moisture level, so mixing them may provide more consistent overall nutrition than either alone.

I only cook with wine these days, but payed it forward in the past, so my heart must be protected well into the future, lol

rock on TT ;)

Plants are looking great TwoTokes, and so are the pics!

I'm like you, itching to pull the 12/12 switch. Another week at most I think. They'll still fill out a ton once the lights change. I'm debating on taking clones, I'm either going to do that or germ some more seeds. I'd like to get to a place where I'm growing 3 sets of 3 plants, all a month apart but all in the same room. That should be close to a perpetual harvest.

Thanks BlueDog. I am probably guilty of taking too much time to veg but there were still things to learn. Like that the plants are happiest with 3 parts ph'd tap water mixed with 1 part straight rain water.

I have seen the pics of your space. It looks perfect for that kind of perpetual grow. Wish I had that kind of space. Well, I do have a whole garage but anything bigger than what I am using requires construction. Before any construction can start in the garage I have to deal with the HoneyDo List. :goof::helpsmilie::goof:

For now I have this space and another similar space that will be split into a 2'x3.5' veg/clone zone and a 2'x3.5' scrog. Looks like a harvest every 2 out of 3 months. However, now that you have me thinking about it, I could rotate groups of plants in and out of the vertical grow 2 or 3 at a time.

Thanks BlueDog!

looking good TT ;).

Nice job on the LST.

Great journal management too. Your writing style is similar to mine, so feels sorta like home ;).

Thanks SS! Happy to provided a home away from home.:bong:

BTW, once I fixed my mag deficiency, my DM purple plants also showed an N deficiency, which I fixed by top-dressing with 2Tbsp of OC+.

I think mixing both might work pretty well, since one releases nutes more through temperature, and one through moisture level, so mixing them may provide more consistent overall nutrition than either alone.

Thanks for the tip. I'll hit OSH for some and put it in for the start of 12/12.

I only cook with wine these days, but payed it forward in the past, so my heart must be protected well into the future, lol

I only get 1 glass at a time now. The rest goes into the bourguignon.

Looking forward to seeing them progress in to flower! :yummy:

Small delay to flipping the switch. I was short on time and couldn't get around to finishing the space until now. Rather than rush everything I decided to slow down and do a better job. The filter shows up on Monday and I would just have to pull everything apart to install. Patience might be a virtue but....

I will just celebrate Bonfire Day with the less than traditional Bonfire in a Bowl.
:bongrip: (If fireworks are involved, I am sure there are probably a lot of people in the UK with their own portable bonfires.):grinjoint:

Once again the DM Organic plants look healthier with fewer issues than the DM Purple plants. So lets start organic.

So that you have some perspective: buckets are 10" in dia and all the plants are between 10" and 12" tall.

HB_O - Still looking sweet and doing perfect.

110610_001.JPG

GDP_O - The only small issues are with a couple leaves that closer than 10" to the light.

110610_002.JPG

BD_O - About half the mass on the right side of the pot is from this little tiny branch that was growing out of the main stem from below the soil line. I thought of cutting it off but said no I'll let it grow out and practice cloning. Then I'll wait on the cloning and practice my LST. Now it is, "I'll just grow it out and use the buds to practice my joint rolling technique".

110610_003.JPG

HB_P - Doing good. The only issues are still with a couple leaves that are closest to the light. Nothing to worry about.

110610_004.JPG

GDP_P - An indica jungle. Still issues with the same lower fans that have been having problems but seems stabilized. They will eventually be giving their lives for the greater budhood anyway.

110610_005.JPG

BD_P - Just growing all over the place like Fabio on a bad hair day.

110610_006.JPG

I have noticed one interesting thing about the LSTed tops. I would have expected them to turn up and grow toward the light. Well the ones LSTed all the way to the back of the pot are growing up along the wall or sideways against the wall. It would seem that the pull of the light is equal to the pull of the reflected light.

I can actually see this decrease so that just before the middle of the pot the pull of the light starts to pull tips to it. Very interesting.:smokin:

A little discussion on OB-1 grow points to the prime zone of light from this bulb to be about 24" vertical. The plants now average about 11". I am hoping that between now, the flip and end of stretch they will double in height.

^^ yeah man, that was a good discussion - it was nice to see my guess confirmed by a man with a welding mask and marker!

You'll kind of get a feel for the light envelope - I think a stadium shape is best, which requires a bit of training and pruning...

Back
Top Bottom