6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

I know where they use these CMH lights besides pot growing. These are the lights at the end of the tunnel!

It is near impossible to be in the room with one and not want to look at the light. Plants feel the same way

"Look away from the light son!... I said look away from the light son!!....It is for your own good." :smokin::riskybusiness:

I had to take a spare piece of reflectix and improvise a light condom.

Pics after breakfast.

When you kick that exhaust fan on, your temps may not be much different from your CFL's.

Hoods really jack things up.

The exhaust fan worked too good. I only bought a 4.5 inch eco plus fan for test purposes. It dropped my overnight temperatures by 12 degrees to only about 6 degrees over the garage temperature. Last night that meant 68 degrees which was a bit cool.

Next on the shopping and activity list will be the purchase and installation of a fan speed controller. First a quick search of my corrugated treasure chests.

I had to take a spare piece of reflectix and improvise a light condom.

Yep, I used tin foil for mine... but now I'm in flowering, I don't even go in there while it's on... just use a green light during dark. Damn that light is bright!! So much more intense than the HPS.

Ya those CMH's are bright, I started wearing sunglasses in my cab because they kept messin with my vision.

Your grow looks great, lots of good diy stuff.

:peacetwo:

Marley

I found two old pairs of wrap around style sunglasses in my treasure chests that now stay on the rooms equipment shelf.

Yep, I used tin foil for mine... but now I'm in flowering, I don't even go in there while it's on... just use a green light during dark. Damn that light is bright!! So much more intense than the HPS.

So the green light thing really works? Maybe one of those little green cfl bulbs I saw at Osh?

Way bright. I am now studying how the leaves at various distances from the light react to the intensity.

So the green light thing really works? Maybe one of those little green cfl bulbs I saw at Osh?

Way bright. I am now studying how the leaves at various distances from the light react to the intensity.

Far as I know green light is ok - I use three christmas lights... :Rasta:

I think 12" is the closest it needs to be, and maybe effective out to 24".

Far as I know green light is ok - I use three christmas lights... :Rasta:

I think 12" is the closest it needs to be, and maybe effective out to 24".

That means I have at least a thousand spare bulbs. cool.

My pots are currently set at 10" to 19" front to back. I am thinking 12" to 19" is a prime zone. :blunt:

While waiting for Gator's harvest pics, I might as well do a few boring veg pictures.

102710_002.JPG

That is the Organic side HB(back) & GDP(front). One day of LST and they already have multiple branches reaching for the sky.

102710_003.JPG

The BD-O. It is pretty easy to see five or six growth centers that have taken over in the one day of LST.

102710_005.JPG

Purple (left) Side HB-P and GDP-P (front)

Also filling out nicely.

102710_006.JPG

BD-P. What were little stems yesterday are aspiring branches today.

The two sides are definitely different. The outside edges of the organic leaves are the same color as the center of the purple side leaves. The organic leaf centers are a pleasant dark green.

The organic side just feels like it is more vibrant and alive.

My guess is that the organic DM releases nutes faster than purple DM.

The organic side plants were all the smallest and now they have caught up to the purple.

The plants finally have a timer so they are now running 18/6. Just finished their first real rest period.

I had thought Halloween would be a fun time to go 12/12 but it is looking more like it will be on Bonfire Day. The extra vegging being in the best interest of the entertainment value of this grow. Probably won't hurt yield or education value either. :bongrip:

"Clank, clank, clank" goes the roller coaster as it approaches the top of the first drop.

Gave all the plants a full dosage of ph'd tap water and everybody is still alive and happier than ever. The LST is filling out nicely.

The organic side is still doing better than the purple side. just for kicks I checked out the runoff ph. Organic_7 Purple_6.5 The organic runoff is still much darker with a rich organic smell. I have been combining the runoff from both sides together and putting it on outdoor plants. Within 48 hours the chosen beneficiaries explode with greenness.

The purple side has greened up but the organic side has gotten even greener too.

This morning it looked like some of the leaves that were closest to the light were starting to show some color problems and tip problems. However, during their sleep break (12:30PM - 6:30PM) they seemed to recover and I moved the closest part of the pot from 8" to 10". Most of the growth is now in a 11" to 19" range from the light.

I forgot how much fun growing these plants is but then Jimmy was still President when I did my last grow. Great outdoor results but the indoor grows had weird lights and only produce good raw material for oil.

I have grow all sorts of different kinds of plants since then including some that are much harder to grow than our babies but they are just not as much fun. :cool:

The plants were pretty close to needing water this evening but I decided to wait until morning. Not sure if I am going to do 50/50 tap/rain or all rain.

I know that rain water lacks nutes but I also know that I throw tap water on my lawn and outdoor plants and the best they do is not die. 1/10th of an inch of water falls from the sky and everything explodes with green.

There will be pics in a couple of days when there is more noticable change for wandering viewers. :blunt:

High TT, nice timely thread. I have something similar cookin', only thing in the way is amazingly exceptional and notable stupidity :)

How big is that space? Looks like plenty of headroom too, ohhh very nice!

Does the cage get hot? Branding isn't one of my favorite accidents :cool:

Man just had 2 tokes of the scrog, and I keep staring at that fat thumbs up guy on the side...:thumb: finally gotchim LOL

:popcorn:

:peace:

It's like a mix and match soup of everything that I've been reading about on here for the last 2 months. I love it!:goodjob:

High TT, nice timely thread. I have something similar cookin', only thing in the way is amazingly exceptional and notable stupidity :)

How big is that space? Looks like plenty of headroom too, ohhh very nice!

Does the cage get hot? Branding isn't one of my favorite accidents :cool:

Man just had 2 tokes of the scrog, and I keep staring at that fat thumbs up guy on the side...:thumb: finally gotchim LOL

:popcorn:

:peace:

Hey Horse, thanks. I write those moments off as being just another DRI. Had more than my share.

The space being used for the vertical grow is 3'W x 3.5' L x 4'H. The 4' is what attracted me to the vertical concept.

I haven't noticed the cage even getting warm. The fan pushes all the heat away. The average room temperature is generally about 8-10 degrees warmer than the garage. Easily keeping temps between 72 and 84.

Envious of the scrog smoking. :tokin: :yummy:

It's like a mix and match soup of everything that I've been reading about on here for the last 2 months. I love it!:goodjob:

Yep, I liberally borrowed all the best ideas that fit my situation. I heartily encourage everybody to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom