6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

Hi TT :)

Well, this is kinda mixing me up. They visually look much worse than the purple/OC+. Since the smoke report on the organic is so good, I wonder what it will be on the purple/OC+. Looks can be deceiving as you know. This is going to be interesting. Would hope that they have the same or close potency. In the pictures they seem pretty close in size.

Just couldn't bring myself to chop any plant without some amber in her. :Rasta:

Howdy OMM, The organic ran out of nutes awhile ago while the P/OC+ is still nuting. (or is it nutting). :morenutes:

Sampling my way down the P/OC+ group starting with the Blue Dragon this evening. :Rasta: Not sure if I can handle smoking more Headband.

I'm definitely waiting for some amber with the GDP but might pull the organic/OC+ tonight. Just need to figure out where and how I plan on drying this stuff.

As false seed pods swell to envelop frustrated unpollinated stigma, older calyxes are buried in situ. Trichs degrade to amber in time. The newer, top situated trichs 'ripen' later than the older, inside trichs.
My point? When new growth stops, I harvest :yummy:

Thanks Gator! That helps clarify my thinking. The Blue Dragon and GDP start heading for the door. Need to do them one at a time so I can keep them separated. The original premise of the grow was to compare the final result of the organic trf compared to the regular crf. :smokin:

TT, I see new growth on your buds. They swell :surf:

Going to let the Headband ride until next week.

Switched up the harvest order last night. I pulled the organic GDP first and will pull the Other GDP next. I had pulled the organic Blue Dragon but close examination showed that it was still producing some fresh sticky goodness.

The GDP is only doing that on a few bottom buds so its time had come. All milky with some hints of amber. I just couldn't come up with a reason as to why letting it turn more amber while not producing new resin made any sense. I wouldn't let my tomatoes sit on the vine and dry out.

Will go for pics as the process moves along.

Good luck with the harvest TT! Which plant is your personal pre-smoke favorite?

Thanks BD! :surf:

Tough question......

The GDP is the best medicine for pain relief and muscle relaxation.

The Headband is good if you need an appointment to see God from your couch and don't want to waste time taking more than a hit or two.

Blue Dragon is great for taking the edge off and still being able to function. It is also my favorite taste. Very even and smooth. Leaves some of a blueberry like sweetness on the tongue. :yummy: Going to be tough to share. :Rasta:

Waiting for the coffee to brew, thought I'd throw up the first harvest pics and a question.

Only got through the first stage of trimming last night. (organic GDP)

010711_006.JPG

I spread them out a little more. Gave a breeze from a very small fan and will get back to them after coffee.

My question concerns the next two photos...

Little buds
010711_010.JPG

Small fans
010711_011.JPG

I read somewhere that somebody was freezing this stuff to make hash latter. (so many threads) Do I need to bother drying it or can I just go straight to the freezer? There will be more trim coming.

HighTech Test Equipment

010711_012.JPG

This is my favorite pipe of all time. It surfaced while searching boxes for useful things. It used to have an end cap and plunger that are long lost. Probably purchased it 25 to 30 years ago at Venice Beach.

There was a vendor on weekends who was also a Magic Castle magician. Put on a great show. When ever I light it I think of his main tag-line,"Always a hit...On the house". I once purchased two dozen, filed them with California's finest and shipped them around the country as Christmas presents.

Now that you have been grilled for information and had to suffer through a nostalgia moment.......

Here is a Bud Shot

010711_007.JPG

Nice TT~~ for sure take a break and have some coffee.... geeze you have a lot of trimming to do!! :blunt:
As far as the trim goes, I have been drying it and then freezing it, but have not made any yet. So not sure if I am doing it right or not.

Nice TT~~ for sure take a break and have some coffee.... geeze you have a lot of trimming to do!! :blunt:
As far as the trim goes, I have been drying it and then freezing it, but have not made any yet. So not sure if I am doing it right or not.

Thanks Tmac12! This is just the first plant. The other GDP is being kept in the dark.:cool:

Bandit420 said that he freezes the trim immediately for storage to make bubble/water/ice hash. Kief hash would require drying. I threw this batch into freezer. Any bits from additional manicuring will be dried for some screening experimentation.

For playing the home game; some more pics.

Closer cut

010811_001.JPG

Group bud poses

010811_002.JPG

010811_004.JPG

The purple looks so pretty that i hate to cut off even more. Going to let it dry some first.

Back
Top Bottom