6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

Yummy Buds Mate! :Rasta:

Those organic buds look and smell sweet with the purple buds. Interestingly the Dynamite Purple/OC+ plant had much more purple in the leaves but the buds have no purple. Oh hell....why don't I just show a picture...

GDP P/OC+ Buds

110911_001.JPG

Awesome looking buds TT! How long do you keep them in the dark?

They didn't find out they were being harvested until the fiskars hit.

Oh...you mean the dark period before harvest.

They had mostly dark for about 24 hours. During part of that time they got hit by a small amount of light from a 23W cfl about 8 ft away and pointed at the work area not at the plant. Just don't have a better dark area at the moment. The space were I intend to have a temporary structure when I need one still needs to be rearranged after the garage flood.

The decision to harvest the plants was based on what they had to say. The trichs didn't have much amber and were mostly milky however most of the fan leaves and larger bud leaves were drying out despite having water. The only sign of any bud growth was in small lower buds that were never going to amount to much more than future hash material. The bud leaves didn't look like they would survive my short trip out of town.

The organic BD was going to be pulled to darkness for harvest on my return but it is still showing some activity in the main buds so it gets a reprieve.

On other fronts....

The BD bud that I was trying to clone started going weird. Single leaves and possible hermie traits. RIP.

The two clones that were attempting to start using AZOS as a stimulator were doing nothing after two weeks. RIP

One of the Wonder Woman clones was just rotting out at the stem. RIP

A clone from the HB that broke of during flowering was going single leaf. RIP

On the happy front....

A HB and 2 BD clones have tons of roots and will be transplanted today or when I get back. SShould make happy mothers.

The HB, BD and GDP that are 11 days into 12/12 are showing small buds. Keeping a close eye on the HB after the strange growth of its clone.

:peacetwo::hookah:

Solars clones Solar Girl, Sunni and Sassy all had single leaves and had some good bud. Actually probably got more light into the bud areas. Just good bagseed. Sassy being the best plant....had gnats so she never did as well as she should have.

Solars clones Solar Girl, Sunni and Sassy all had single leaves and had some good bud. Actually probably got more light into the bud areas. Just good bagseed. Sassy being the best plant....had gnats so she never did as well as she should have.

That's good to know.:smokin:

The BD clone was developing male flowers and I spotted the HB at the same time. Since I am in a current position of having more plants than room, I culled the herd.

Now I have room to pop a couple Vanilla Kush seeds. :hookah:

Usually when you take clones that are flowering it takes a while for the regular leafs to show. They normally start with single leaves and then move to three blades and then to normal looking ones. There is nothing wrong with those clones. Hope you can still save them. You'll like the VK. Got one at three weeks flowering and it's pretty.

Usually when you take clones that are flowering it takes a while for the regular leafs to show. They normally start with single leaves and then move to three blades and then to normal looking ones. There is nothing wrong with those clones. Hope you can still save them. You'll like the VK. Got one at three weeks flowering and it's pretty.

Thanks Molotov! The BD had male flowers plus I have plenty of healthy clones. Going to have to cull the healthy ones next.

Looking forward to the VK sounds like a nice strain. I put all my seed bags into a bucket and pulled VK out. Five more strains in waiting. (Unless I order more seeds. :Rasta:)

Looks super tasty TT! Seriously, sitting at work drooling.

:peace:

That must be where all the moisture went! :cool:

I was out of town for a day more than planned and came back to crunchy drying out buds. Threw the bigger to medium size ones into jars and fortunately the rh came up. Only to 55% for the organic but the other plant hit 75% so it will be fine and the organic should still get some cure over time.

The small stuff was in seperate jars and was just too dry. That's OK cause the little was just destined for other purposes anyway.

Everything would have been fine if I came back on time. I had opted for risking too dry over moldy. Dry put still has uses but moldy pot sucks.

You grow, you learn. :slide:

Beautiful crop of buds TT Green as can be!

You sure used this :rip: allot, but it needed to be done! :)

Going to use :rip: again.

Flowering HB in 12/12 :rip:

Came back to a hermie Headband. Don't really blame the plant it had been abused. Broken off in flowering, revegged, dropped in transplant, over nuted and bright light. But I just smile and wave, sitting on my stash of clones. (promise to treat them better ;) )

That made me laugh TT :cheer:

Just keep feeding me the straight lines BD! :cool:

The Blue Dragon and Headband plants are looking great. Trichs all milky but still swelling the buds. Main bud swell lessening but secondary swell and smaller bud swell still going strong. Probably will pull the organic BD first. Maybe this weekend.

Oh, and it will be kept in the dark for about two days. ;)

Hey TT sorry about the buds drying out. I've read both ways about adding something like lettuce to raise moisture levels and restart the cure, in a case like yours I'd give it a shot because you can't hurt anything. Just leave it in the jar with them overnight then pitch it.

I should probably mention that I haven't done a good cure yet lol. Third time's the charm I hope.

There could be something to this AZOS product's claim that it makes much more efficent use of nitrogen and thus less fertilizer is needed.

My first soil mix for the dirty hempies was way to strong for the plants. They were fine in veg but when they hit the big show it was straight to nute burn. Now I actually mixed the nutes into the FFOF at a much lower level than I have seen other people doing it in mixes.

The next grouping of plants got a mix that was about half as strong plus it was mixed with a higher ratio of coco. There was no burn in veg but in 12/12 there is still a little bit of nute burn.

The leftover soil from that planting has been mixed 1 to 1 with more FFOF. This would put the nute level down to less than 1/4 of the recommended dosage for containers my size. Plus next planting will get an even higher level of coco.

The first mix was me going to the maximum amount of FFOF I thought I could mix in. This next batch will go the other way and be the minimum amount of FFOF I think will work.

The idea is to get the ease of hempy with the benefits of soil. The upside to the first batch was that watering time is easily 7 days as opposed to every three days with the coco/perlite hempies.

I also tried the AZOS as a rooting stimulant for clones but it seemed useless by itself. However, combined with standard powdered rooting hormone it cut rooting time at least in half with some very agressive roots. This was with coco plugs and with regular coco in cups. Nice to know but 11 of the BD clones from the experiment are going to have to be tossed because there is no room to grow them out. One clone is going to become a mother just in case I want to continuing growing this strain.

Hey TT sorry about the buds drying out. I've read both ways about adding something like lettuce to raise moisture levels and restart the cure, in a case like yours I'd give it a shot because you can't hurt anything. Just leave it in the jar with them overnight then pitch it.

I should probably mention that I haven't done a good cure yet lol. Third time's the charm I hope.

Thanks for the idea BD! really nothing to lose by trying. It is only about half a pint of buds anyway.

Hi TT

A half a pint is a half a pint more try it! Worked for me before! :)

OMM, I did give it a try. It raised the jar rh from 54% to 80% overnight. A little jar opening and closing and this morning both jars have an rh of 67%. (one jar didn't need lettuce)

Interesting to see how the curing continues. Even without the cure, there is a lip smacking sweetness after taking a hit. Decent smell too. :smokin:

Oh yeah! Three medium hits put me out flat for over an hour.

Back
Top Bottom