36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

Arrived Wednesday

20150328_090753-1.jpg

organic comfrey leaf, dried can be purchased at natural grocers (vitamin cottage) I bought some a couple times there.

as far as getting some comfrey in your garden, id go with the bocking 14 cultivar over the true comfrey. It produces more biomass, quicker and is non invasive. either is better than none. both have a mining tap root and mine nutrients from the subsoil and store nutrients in their leaves, and roots.

comfrey is an amazing plant for the organic gardener!

I've found more than one cannabis grower on line that do nothing more than comfrey and vermicompost teas. They grow massive plants loaded with resin. Comfrey is a gardener's dream.

Good luck with the pellet gun. I bounced one off a red squirrel's forehead once. It was funny as hell :cheesygrinsmiley: and even funnier to watch it running around wearing that red spot later :laughtwo: but it didn't exactly solve my issue. :straightface:

I personally, would not be at all unhappy if there were no red squirrels - jus' sayin'.

Had Dale laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes. :rofl:

organic comfrey leaf, dried can be purchased at natural grocers (vitamin cottage) I bought some a couple times there.

as far as getting some comfrey in your garden, id go with the bocking 14 cultivar over the true comfrey. It produces more biomass, quicker and is non invasive. either is better than none. both have a mining tap root and mine nutrients from the subsoil and store nutrients in their leaves, and roots.

I prefer the common invasive variety. it never really invades unless the soil its at the stage that it needs the help.

Then again, I don't really like the whole planting in rows approach to gardening - so I'm in the minority at garden club meetings :)

I always considered myself a grower of "spontaneous vegetation". I would plant and let them wander. It made for a more interesting garden. Worked for me for over 20 years. :laughtwo:

CO, have you heard of anyone using comfrey root in a gardening application? I bought it as a curative and have a decent supply on hand.

It's cool, you till through a plant and all the little chunks grow their own plant. I watched my grandpa do that on purpose one year. Fascinating.

A link to the lava? I'm not in a good place to search :) I would love to incorporate lava into my grows. My uncle swears by it on the Big Island. Aloha!

volcanic soil on the big island has a lot of sulphur in it you can tell if that's the type of soil they used when you smoke it

Back
Top Bottom