1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

I just pre came in my undies looking at your girls lol nice job van

Not really sure how to respond to that one Johnny, but thank you!! Update coming after a weekend away.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Flower Day 31 Update (since flip)/ Day 23 (since hairs showed up)

Returned home after a nice weekend away. Gotta admit, I had a few thoughts throughout the weekend where bad case scenarios popped into my head (first time leaving the girls alone overnight). Temps are holding nice and cool despite the heat wave at 73-79 and the RH is a bit higher than I like at this point hitting 65% when I got home. Will need to keep an eye on that and might need to put the dehumidifier in if it doesn't drop some.

So came home to a nice surprise in the clone department. I popped the top off the humidity dome and what did I see greeting me?? ROOTS!! Lots and lots of roots! There were roots showing in 2 of the rockwool ATF #2 clones and 2 of the rapid rooter ATF #2 clones. The other clones were put into rockwool and rapid rooters 2 days later so they aren't showing roots yet. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised! I will transplant them into soil tomorrow. I haven't popped open the bags on the produce bag clones, but I will do that tomorrow and hopefully I will have roots there as well.

The clones transplanted into soil already are still recovering nicely and new growth is coming along really well. I watered them today as well.

I am also attaching the pictures of my watering system. Again, nothing fancy.....just something that is fast, efficient, easy and that will allow me water without bending over or bringing the plants downstairs to my table. It makes watering simple even with a SCROG net.

Watering System
061817_Device_1.jpg

061817_Device_2.jpg

Pour the water into the cut off bottom of the the bottle
061817_Device_3.jpg

061817_Device3.jpg

Tent Day 31/23 update
061817_Tent_1.jpg

061817_Tent_2.jpg

061817_Tent_3.jpg

Bud Day 31/23
061817_Buds_1.jpg

061817_Buds_2.jpg

061817_Buds_3.jpg

061817_Buds_4.jpg

061817_Buds_5.jpg

061817_Buds_6.jpg

061817_Buds_71.jpg

061817_Buds_8.jpg

061817_Buds_91.jpg

061817_Buds_10.jpg

061817_Buds_11.jpg

061817_Buds_12.jpg

Transplanted Clones
061817_Transplant_1.jpg

061817_Transplant_2.jpg

061817_Transplant_3.jpg

New Clones
061817_Clones_1.jpg

061817_Clones_2.jpg

061817_Clones_3.jpg

061817_Clones_4.jpg

061817_Clones_5.jpg

That DIY drip system is pretty dank, great idea you have there!

Also good seeing you got your cloning down, now you're ready to keep it perpetual
:roorrip:

Love the watering system, your garden is looking fantastic!

Its very efficient and so quick compared to what I have been doing. With this system, I can pour 32 oz of water in each watering bottle, by the time I fill the 5th one, the 1st one is just finishing up emptying and I can repeat the whole cycle. I do 4 fill-ups on each bottle (for a total of a gallon) in less than 15 minutes. Used to take me an hour and a half to bring all the girls down stairs, water them, check for insects and problems, and take them back upstairs and put them in the tent.

Its very efficient and so quick compared to what I have been doing. With this system, I can pour 32 oz of water in each watering bottle, by the time I fill the 5th one, the 1st one is just finishing up emptying and I can repeat the whole cycle. I do 4 fill-ups on each bottle (for a total of a gallon) in less than 15 minutes. Used to take me an hour and a half to bring all the girls down stairs, water them, check for insects and problems, and take them back upstairs and put them in the tent.

It still isnt a bad idea to take them out every now and then and check for problems, insects, etc...

It still isnt a bad idea to take them out every now and then and check for problems, insects, etc...

I agree and would do that in most cases, but for when I have a SCROG net in and they are growing up through the net, that really isn't an option and watering would be a royal pain in the ass in my grow room......especially with my back. That is really the driving force in a better watering system.

I agree and would do that in most cases, but for when I have a SCROG net in and they are growing up through the net, that really isn't an option and watering would be a royal pain in the ass in my grow room......especially with my back. That is really the driving force in a better watering system.

I totally get that, and with the scrog it just makes you be me alert and under the canopy more often lol

I totally get that, and with the scrog it just makes you be me alert and under the canopy more often lol

I wish I was able to be down under the net. I have increased the number of yellow insect traps to give an indication that there might be a bug issue. Me and Ms Stank give them a pretty good inspection. She is much better at seeing and finding any potential issues than I am LOL.

As part of your watering system, what is the black hose? I take it it's a different type of hose that releases the water, was this self made or something one could buy off the shelf. I don't want to drip on one spot and would prefer it spread out as what I presume yours does. Great job all round btw, I've just started my first indoor grow with a living soil also.

As part of your watering system, what is the black hose? I take it it's a different type of hose that releases the water, was this self made or something one could buy off the shelf. I don't want to drip on one spot and would prefer it spread out as what I presume yours does. Great job all round btw, I've just started my first indoor grow with a living soil also.

It is soaker hose that I use in my outdoor garden. It spreads a nice even soak around the plant and doesn't puddle up at all. I made it based off something I saw on Pennywise's journal. He was going to try to use it for aeration in his grow and it made a little light bulb go off in my head. It works really well and I highly encourage you to borrow the idea and try it out. You will need 3 "T" fittings per setup to make it as I did. You can get all of the stuff at Home Depot or Lowes or if you are an Amazon person, you can get it there as well. Let me know how you do with your living soil grow!!

Yea I live around the corner from Pat999. Here in Cape Town, South Africa

Yea I live around the corner from Pat999. Here in Cape Town, South Africa

Sorry to hear that LOL. Does he pop over and steal all your herb?

He hasn't yet, but thanks for the heads up. Some guys are sneaky like that, I suspect I may need to initiate the action before he does.

Back
Top Bottom