1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Yeah I am going to be putting the 1st SCROG net on tonight if things go as planned. I have to kind of wait for Ms Stank to get home from work to do that. I have 2 SCROG nets, so I will be adding the 2nd one as well, but not in a huge rush for that. I am on day 26 since flip, 18 since the first hairs popped up (so not really sure how most people age their flower stage).
Best of luck with it, looking forward to see how it turns out! I've just counted from flip, but will keep both days in mind in my journal too.

Two of my clones have roots by the way - yay

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Yesterday's Update.....Day 25 of Flower, Day 17 since first hairs

Canopy is starting to fill out again after the girls got their 1st Flower haircut. Its amazing how fast they recover. Its starting to look like I didn't do anything. I added a bit of earthworm castings and a little bit of bat guano to the top of the soil on my last watering. Thats the first thing I have added this entire grow. Love growing in this Kind Soil. Water every 4-5 days and let the girls do what they want to do.

Measured the plants today, two weeks since I first measured them. ATF #2 has been my fastest growing female the entire grow. Two weeks ago she measured 21 inches, as of yesterday when I measured her again she was 29 inches. ATF #1 was the second biggest girl at almost 19 inches and she came in at 26.5 inches. Blueberry has gone from 18 inches to 25.5 inches. Durban Poison went from 15 to 19 inches and the Blue Kush went from 16 to 20 inches.

I wish that they would be a little closer in height through the stretch, but it is what it is. The 1st SCROG net is going on tonight.

Clones are doing well. Lots of new growth is sprouting up on the three clones that I transplanted into soil. I took a couple more clippings to add to my cloning experimentation. The three older clones that haven't shown roots yet are looking like they are on their last leg but I will keep them going as long as I can. I have to burp the ones in the produce bags (they have been in the bags for 3-4 days without checking the rockwool or adding any moisture.....I will do this later today.

Tent Day 25/17 (with hairs)
061217_Tent_1.jpg

061217_Tent_2.jpg

061217_Tent_3.jpg

ATF #1
061217_ATF1.jpg

ATF #2
061217_ATF2.jpg

Blue Kush
061217_Blue_Kush.jpg

Durban Poison
061217_Durban_Poison.jpg

Bud pictures
061217_Bud_51.jpg

061217_Bud_4.jpg

061217_Bud_3.jpg

061217_Bud_2.jpg

061217_Bud_1.jpg

Here is ATF #4 (male) in his tent with the three transplanted clones. The Transplanted clones still look a bit rough but there is a lot of new growth popping up so I am pretty sure they will make it.
061217_Clone_1.jpg

061217_Clone_2.jpg

Freshly taken clones
061217_Clone_3.jpg

061217_Clone_4.jpg

Best of luck with it, looking forward to see how it turns out! I've just counted from flip, but will keep both days in mind in my journal too.

Two of my clones have roots by the way - yay

Awesome job on the Clones brother!!

That Blue Kush is going to be a beast

Its been my favorite growing plant throughout the entire grow. It didn't grow as fast or as big as ATF #2, but I love the way its grown and how hardy it is.

That Blue Kush is going to be a beast
In General, the two unser the dwarf Star seem to get fatter buds at all. Guess thats the Power of a full spectrum fixture

In General, the two unser the dwarf Star seem to get fatter buds at all. Guess thats the Power of a full spectrum fixture

Well in all fairness, the two ATFs are 70-75 day flowers. The two under the Dwarf Sun are 55-60 day strains. I don't know if the ATFs will take longer to build the thickness or if its the light. Also, I had the ATFs under the Dwarf Sun for about a week but they were stretching too much, so I moved them. The Blueberry is the only one I haven't had directly under the Dwarf Sun, I have kept it in the middle pretty much the entire grow!

Excellent job Van, and thank you for the welcome. Very impressive for your first! I'll be using Kind Soil as well. Have you liked using it so far?

I love growing with the KindSoil. So 'no' maintenance. Biggest thing I have to worry about is pH'ing my water down to the 6.5 range. Other than that, water every 4-5 days. I love not having to wonder if it needs more Nitrogen or if I am feeding it enough calcium or magnesium. For my first grow, I wanted it to be as easy as possible. I might explore aeroponics at some point but for now I am perfectly content doing a good living organic soil that has everything I need.

I am even working on my own soil. I removed one of the males from my ATF batch of regular seeds (ATF #3, not the ATF #4 that is in the small tent) and put him outside. I mixed up my own recipe of soil and transplanted him into it.....curious to see how he does outside away from the house. He is growing like a mad man. Would be nice to be able to make my own soil effectively.

Thanks for stopping in Chronik, nice to have you here.

Very nice im right behind you day 14 flower!

Hey Nizzly, thanks for stopping in. Nice to have some new faces in here. Things will start moving really quickly for you. Flower stage is filled with exciting times!!

So a Question Van

why clones during the early Flower Stage? whats the benefit?

Not sure that there is a benefit other than trying to see if it can be done. My initial run on at cloning was a disaster and thought I wouldn't have anything to breed with my ATF #4 male I have been keeping around specifically for that purpose. So Lady A posted a link on taking clones while still fairly early in the flower stage. So in order to keep the dream of cloning my ATF #2 for breeding with ATF #4 male, I took several clones. I also took a Blueberry clone as well (basically because I was not impressed with the Blueberry in veg stage, but man she has turned into a beast in flower so I figured why not try to cross breed her with ATF #4 and see what it gets me).

Now in the mean time, I managed to salvage 3 of the 6 clones (1 from each strain...ATF, Blue Kush, and Durban Poison) from my disastrous cloning attempt and they are transplanted and having some great new growth. So turns out I don't really need the clones taken from the flower phase. But never one to let an chance to experiment go un-used, I tried a few different ways of cloning those cuts I took in flower. I am trying both rockwool and rapid rooter plugs.....both in the humidity dome and in produce bags to see which way has a better success rate. I am also going to take cuttings from ATF #4 (big male) and try putting directly into soil like I do with my tomato cuttings and see how that turns out. I will do that not really because I need to clone him, but more for experimentation (going to take cuttings from both high and low to see if there is a difference) and as a means to keep him shorter for my shorter breeding tent.

I know that was a bit of a long explanation but it kind of gives my reasoning for all of it LOL.

Not sure that there is a benefit other than trying to see if it can be done. My initial run on at cloning was a disaster and thought I wouldn't have anything to breed with my ATF #4 male I have been keeping around specifically for that purpose. So Lady A posted a link on taking clones while still fairly early in the flower stage. So in order to keep the dream of cloning my ATF #2 for breeding with ATF #4 male, I took several clones. I also took a Blueberry clone as well (basically because I was not impressed with the Blueberry in veg stage, but man she has turned into a beast in flower so I figured why not try to cross breed her with ATF #4 and see what it gets me).

Now in the mean time, I managed to salvage 3 of the 6 clones (1 from each strain...ATF, Blue Kush, and Durban Poison) from my disastrous cloning attempt and they are transplanted and having some great new growth. So turns out I don't really need the clones taken from the flower phase. But never one to let an chance to experiment go un-used, I tried a few different ways of cloning those cuts I took in flower. I am trying both rockwool and rapid rooter plugs.....both in the humidity dome and in produce bags to see which way has a better success rate. I am also going to take cuttings from ATF #4 (big male) and try putting directly into soil like I do with my tomato cuttings and see how that turns out. I will do that not really because I need to clone him, but more for experimentation (going to take cuttings from both high and low to see if there is a difference) and as a means to keep him shorter for my shorter breeding tent.

I know that was a bit of a long explanation but it kind of gives my reasoning for all of it LOL.

Im close to trying cloning myself. My Candida and Green Doc are ripe for the picking, at 41 days in veg, they are little Shrubs for sure. Ill be doing rapid rooter and rootech gel, most likely 1st try in a dome, may also try the Bag method also.

Great info buddy.. appreciated

Im close to trying cloning myself. My Candida and Green Doc are ripe for the picking, at 41 days in veg, they are little Shrubs for sure. Ill be doing rapid rooter and rootech gel, most likely 1st try in a dome, may also try the Bag method also.

Great info buddy.. appreciated

You got it brother. I really don't "need" the clones. I have more beans (yes the seed buying bug has bitten me badly) and it would probably take me years (at my current grow rate and set up....though I don't intend to stay at this rate or setup) to grow out all that I have. And this one harvest will probably give me more bud than I can possibly smoke in a year or two (don't smoke much). I just love experimenting with growing in general, especially cannabis, so cloning is one of the areas that its easy to test different things out, plus it gives me more things to focus my time on. The girls are essentially on auto-pilot as they flower so not much to do other than water them and trim big fan leaves. At least with the clones I have something to watch LOL. Plus this will be good to know how to do, just in case!!

You got it brother. I really don't "need" the clones. I have more beans (yes the seed buying bug has bitten me badly) and it would probably take me years (at my current grow rate and set up....though I don't intend to stay at this rate or setup) to grow out all that I have. And this one harvest will probably give me more bud than I can possibly smoke in a year or two (don't smoke much). I just love experimenting with growing in general, especially cannabis, so cloning is one of the areas that its easy to test different things out, plus it gives me more things to focus my time on. The girls are essentially on auto-pilot as they flower so not much to do other than water them and trim big fan leaves. At least with the clones I have something to watch LOL. Plus this will be good to know how to do, just in case!!

LOL

You sound like me.. I have Seeds for years.. Literally.
Im kinda the same, I dont work so way too much time, and in the desert growing anything outside is a challenge, thus.. my new hobby. I also dont smoke much, do like oils, and hope it all curtails my beer drinking
I have now 3 grow areas. Transplanting 5 photos today, topping 3 Dark Devils, then Grilling and maybe clip some clones

My next plan is to start some Maters and Habanero's inside...mmmmmm PEPPERS

LOL

You sound like me.. I have Seeds for years.. Literally.
Im kinda the same, I dont work so way too much time, and in the desert growing anything outside is a challenge, thus.. my new hobby. I also dont smoke much, do like oils, and hope it all curtails my beer drinking
I have now 3 grow areas. Transplanting 5 photos today, topping 3 Dark Devils, then Grilling and maybe clip some clones

My next plan is to start some Maters and Habanero's inside...mmmmmm PEPPERS

I was stationed in Yuma for a few years so I know what the desert is like. You can have that stuff.

LOL, I had to stop myself from buying seeds. If I showed you my seed spreadsheet you would be like "WTF". Then throw in the fact I want to start breeding my own seeds and cross strains, I will be swimming in seeds. I literally have a shoebox full of seeds.

Funny you talk of tomatoes and peppers. Getting into growing cannabis has taken my gardening outdoors to a whole other level. I started treating my outdoors raised beds with stuff used in my cannabis soil and my tomatoes are going freaking crazy dude! I added earth worm castings, bloodmeal, bonemeal, lots of compost and manure, calcium, and I added elemental sulfur (to bring down my soil pH to compensate for the 9.2 pH water from my irrigation system). My tomato plants are about 4 feet tall now and have more tomatoes on them then I have ever had....and they have only been in the ground (transplanted from under my 4 foot T5 indoors) for a month. I will take some pictures today.

I gave up on growing peppers here, miserable yield (not really enough direct sun where my garden) and my frustration level was through the roof the previous 3 years of attempts. But this year I am going try them in my soil mixture and put them in pots and move them to the front porch and give them a try. I also plan on watering them with pH'd down water instead of the irrigation system and see if I can't get a decent turn out.

Hey everyone, hope your weekend is going well. Quick update.....i finally got my watering devices made and installed on all 5 girls and I used it yesterday. It worked AWESOME! So easy, much faster and no leaks. WOOT WOOT. I will post pics later, enjoying the weekend with the family.

Van your girls are loving life! Look at all those girls stacking getting ready to put on some weight!

Interested to see your water set up!

Keep it green man:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom