1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Looking good Van

Thanks brother! They should be praying to the Perfect Sun in another hour or two. They were drooping a bit after the slight haircut and their watering.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Looking good

I have tried multiple drip setups and finally settled on what I should have done the first time - built it right.

You need filters inline and proper emitters or it will clog up.

I am just completing a drain table for my 3x3 scrog re.

Looking great!

Sub'd!

I finally got to smoke ATF for the first time 3 weeks ago. Amazing sativa, had me talking like crazy. Lol

Very nice! You are going to have a great harvest.

Looking good

I have tried multiple drip setups and finally settled on what I should have done the first time - built it right.

You need filters inline and proper emitters or it will clog up.

I am just completing a drain table for my 3x3 scrog re.

Thanks for stopping in Sleepless. Nice to have you on board.

I am not looking to go automated on my irrigation system at this point. I am growing in living organic soil so I don't use any nutes at all and I water every 4-5 days as it is. I am only looking for a simple solution for watering once I have the SCROG in so I am attempting to keep it as simple as possible. Now eventually when Ms Stank and I get our permanent dwelling will do the growing areas the right way. I am all for learning about potential options for when that happens. I am scrolling through you journal now to check out what you did with your irrigation system.

Looking great!

Sub'd!

I finally got to smoke ATF for the first time 3 weeks ago. Amazing sativa, had me talking like crazy. Lol

Its an absolute amazing pain killer for my back. Best thing I have found in my limited experience with cannabis. I am branching out to try other strains and find anything that might be better. I do love the high as a Sativa. Glad you got to enjoy it and welcome to my virgin grow Vex, good to have you on board!

Ok finally got a chance to Test the Hose...

Works Great:thanks::thanks::thanks:

What I tried before, and multiple Times, was emmiters, emmiters on drip hose, Drip Hose, and free flowing hose (end not plugged up)
Water31.jpg

These never worked, basically just left drip puddles and no even watering

So set this up Just now. May add a small loop in the center, and will most likely Not loop it to itself but plugged at the end for easy on and off the plant/pot
Notice the pretty even Watering in the soil. That was 10min and was just at 2 cups of water emmited. So would work great at 1/2hr of watering for about 6 cups
Water13.jpg

Water41.jpg

My Plan would be to use this for when I leave for 3 days or 1 water schedule. The Toror Timer is a Rain Barrel Timer, so no PSI of water needed. It works Great
Water24.jpg

Thanks again for the tip on this Hose....:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Ok finally got a chance to Test the Hose...

Works Great:thanks::thanks::thanks:

What I tried before, and multiple Times, was emmiters, emmiters on drip hose, Drip Hose, and free flowing hose (end not plugged up)
Water31.jpg

These never worked, basically just left drip puddles and no even watering

So set this up Just now. May add a small loop in the center, and will most likely Not loop it to itself but plugged at the end for easy on and off the plant/pot
Notice the pretty even Watering in the soil. That was 10min and was just at 2 cups of water emmited. So would work great at 1/2hr of watering for about 6 cups
Water13.jpg

Water41.jpg

My Plan would be to use this for when I leave for 3 days or 1 water schedule. The Toror Timer is a Rain Barrel Timer, so no PSI of water needed. It works Great
Water24.jpg

Thanks again for the tip on this Hose....:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Glad it works for you brother. Its going to be my desired way of watering when I put the scrog down. I am going to have (5) 1 quart (32 oz) bottles mounted (via zip ties or velcro ties) to the side posts. Then all I do is fill all up once, wait 10 minutes, come back and refill, wait 10 minutes, come back and refill, wait 10 minutes and refill the last time. All done in under an hour and no bending (kind of important with my back). It takes me about an hour and a half when I water the 5 girls now. Granted I bring them all downstairs, give them a once over to look for pests or anything going wrong, trim a few fan leaves, take pictures for the update and then bring them back upstairs and rearrange. SO this will be a time and effort saver for sure.

You said something that sparked a change in my design, for ease of getting on and off. I won't make it into a connecting circle, I can leave the ends plugged not connected and just use something to hold it in place in a full circle shape. I think thats basically what you were saying. Certainly makes it easier if I need to take it off for whatever reason while the grow is still underway. Will make a couple more prototypes and experiment with. Thanks for sharing brother!!

I also figured I might do a couple cups of bottom up watering as well, to ensure the bottom roots got their water as well.

Looking awesome in there Van! Only one thing I want to say. I would maybe think about not drying in a room with light. You want it as dark as possible when your cannabis is hanging. If space is a problem though I'm sure you could find a DIY way to hang in the tent and block the light?

Glad it works for you brother. Its going to be my desired way of watering when I put the scrog down. I am going to have (5) 1 quart (32 oz) bottles mounted (via zip ties or velcro ties) to the side posts. Then all I do is fill all up once, wait 10 minutes, come back and refill, wait 10 minutes, come back and refill, wait 10 minutes and refill the last time. All done in under an hour and no bending (kind of important with my back). It takes me about an hour and a half when I water the 5 girls now. Granted I bring them all downstairs, give them a once over to look for pests or anything going wrong, trim a few fan leaves, take pictures for the update and then bring them back upstairs and rearrange. SO this will be a time and effort saver for sure.

You said something that sparked a change in my design, for ease of getting on and off. I won't make it into a connecting circle, I can leave the ends plugged not connected and just use something to hold it in place in a full circle shape. I think thats basically what you were saying. Certainly makes it easier if I need to take it off for whatever reason while the grow is still underway. Will make a couple more prototypes and experiment with. Thanks for sharing brother!!

Ya may try The Bucket Bud.. Its real easy. Even without the timer, just add water, turn it on, and let it drip. The hose will only drip so much in X time, so you could test, like u did with the bottle, the amount of time needed to water as much as you want, then Fill up the Bucket.. and rock and roll, watering all the plants at the same time:high-five:

I use it now to mix my Nutes or for Plain water, then add the hose adapter(on the ground in the pic) and fill up my jugs to hand water. Next Grow I will then setup the Auto system, unless I go Hydro

Looking awesome in there Van! Only one thing I want to say. I would maybe think about not drying in a room with light. You want it as dark as possible when your cannabis is hanging. If space is a problem though I'm sure you could find a DIY way to hang in the tent and block the light?

Thanks for the recommendation CK. Space with smell is the biggest issue. I need to keep the smell in the tent as much as possible. So I can come up with some sort of DIY to block the light on half the tent. Does it have to be completely dark to dry them? I am thinking of hanging some sort of light blocker down to where the scrog nets are. So light would probably still be visible from underneath the scrog nets. If not, then I am kind of forced to possibly grow the shorter flowering strains about 4-5 days longer and the longer flowering strain 4-5 days shorter to bring them together in harvest time. What are your thoughts on that if a partial light block won't work?

Thanks for the recommendation CK. Space with smell is the biggest issue. I need to keep the smell in the tent as much as possible. So I can come up with some sort of DIY to block the light on half the tent. Does it have to be completely dark to dry them? I am thinking of hanging some sort of light blocker down to where the scrog nets are. So light would probably still be visible from underneath the scrog nets. If not, then I am kind of forced to possibly grow the shorter flowering strains about 4-5 days longer and the longer flowering strain 4-5 days shorter to bring them together in harvest time. What are your thoughts on that if a partial light block won't work?

You're weed will dry no matter what weather in all light or none. But with no light and a nice 40-50% RH your cannabis will dry best. Light degrades your cannabinoids but if you can just make sure it is mostly dark I think you'll be good

You're weed will dry no matter what weather in all light or none. But with no light and a nice 40-50% RH your cannabis will dry best. Light degrades your cannabinoids but if you can just make sure it is mostly dark I think you'll be good

I think I can make it fairly dark on that side of the tent CK. I can lay cardboard box down on the unused portion of the scrog net to block light from the bottom, leave a bit of an opening on the back side for some air circulation. Thanks again for the hint!

I did some research about how to clone. I got some questions for you.

First one, except that cloning Gel, did you use any form of Fertilzer or just ph-ed water?

What kind of Light Fixture did you use for your Clones? I have in mind that you use LEDs, but what kind of light spectrum do you gave them?

Did you take off your Humidity Dome once they Bounced back to life first after cloning?

Did you use anything for more Root buildup, like Hesi Root Complex or so?

I did some research about how to clone. I got some questions for you.

First one, except that cloning Gel, did you use any form of Fertilzer or just ph-ed water?

What kind of Light Fixture did you use for your Clones? I have in mind that you use LEDs, but what kind of light spectrum do you gave them?

Did you take off your Humidity Dome once they Bounced back to life first after cloning?

Did you use anything for more Root buildup, like Hesi Root Complex or so?

No, I used Distilled water for soaking the clones and then just sprayed with pH 6.5 water.

I have them under a small T5 (2 foot, 4 bulbs, 96 watts)

For the first week I only took the dome off to spray with water so no, I didn't take the dome off when they first bounced back, I kept the dome on. Around 10 I tried taking the dome off for a while but they flopped over like someone shot them, so I put the dome back on. I had them on a germination pad, so they were warmer than room temp.

I didn't use anything but plain pH'd water until about day 11, (when the clonex solution I ordered arrived) after the Clonex arrived, I mixed the clonex solution to recommended dosage and would add the clonex/water solution to the rockwool when it needed more water.

No, I used Distilled water for soaking the clones and then just sprayed with pH 6.5 water.

I have them under a small T5 (2 foot, 4 bulbs, 96 watts)

For the first week I only took the dome off to spray with water so no, I didn't take the dome off when they first bounced back, I kept the dome on. Around 10 I tried taking the dome off for a while but they flopped over like someone shot them, so I put the dome back on. I had them on a germination pad, so they were warmer than room temp.

I didn't use anything but plain pH'd water until about day 11, (when the clonex solution I ordered arrived) after the Clonex arrived, I mixed the clonex solution to recommended dosage and would add the clonex/water solution to the rockwool when it needed more water.

Ok, 1st use Tap Water from now on. Don´t use Distilled Water anymore because there are no Minerals in there.

2nd, 2 foot is a hell of a distance for t5´s. You can bring em a lot closer. They need that light to stay strong and grow. But don´t overdo, lower it step by step. Once you see them growing again, you can go up to 3 inches only.

3rd, You need something with just a little P in it. You need some very light feeding solution to make them build roots. An additional thing like Root Complex would be very helpful.

4th, and MOST IMPORTANT, don´t let your roots get Warmer than 75°F, If you get over that, you will have a lot higher risk for Diseases, and if you go over 80°F, you can watch your Plants die.

5th, Don´t water too much. After too high Root Temp, too much Water in Rockwool is number two reason for clones to die for beginners. You want it wet, But never too wet. You would have no Oxygen left in your Wool because of the Water fills out every little Pocket in there. The Plant will drown.

The two foot was the size of the bulb....its about 8 inches above the dome.

Back
Top Bottom