Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Just caught up on the thread. Those plants are impressive. Thanks for stopping by on my first grow! My girls are day 17 today and I'm about to give a feeding. I want to do some LST for sure, but I'm still learning/searching for good information/techniques on it. I'm also debating topping, but I sorta feel like I should learn to walk before I run... unless you think I'd be straight? I really have no experience in growing anything. I've never taken care of a plant before, but I feel like I have a pretty good set up, and I'm definitely committed. I just don't want to get in over my head, creating so many problems, I don't know whats up, and whats down.

Oh, also, I'm using the Mars II 1200. I just have it in growth mode right now, should I have bloom on as well?

Definitely use both switches, full spectrum is always best unless your trying to save electricity. As for Lst'ing, did you have a look at my tutorials they have great examples of how to proceed on young seedlings. Have a look and I'll answer any questions you may come up with. Glad to be a part of your adventure Jm26, it's all about lear9and applying what you've learned.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

20fcc1a59954ab524109b5cf3d107e2d.jpg

She is looking gorgeous already

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I only have a nine wat
20fcc1a59954ab524109b5cf3d107e2d.jpg

She is looking gorgeous already

Only a nine watt bulb? If that's the case get yourself some cfls @ 23watts and it'll be fine for a few weeks. All those polka dots are gone eh... Good luck with sprouting, keep us posted. Have you started a journal? There's a link to get you started in my signature below... I hope to see some updates here, but I'd love to follow a journal for a more in depth and personalized area that you can make posts.

Just noticed this was your first post, welcome to the community fluorescentC. :welcome: hope your journey with us is full of fun and big buds. And thank you for starting your journey here. Hope we can make your endeavour a realization.

KiG :green_heart:

Thank you, thank you. I've been constantly reading through different threads on here learning more and more every day. Seems like such a great community. I'm considering a journal but a bit hesitant due to legalities. :/

Thank you, thank you. I've been constantly reading through different threads on here learning more and more every day. Seems like such a great community. I'm considering a journal but a bit hesitant due to legalities. :/

I was the same way, it took me months before I actually started posting pics of my grow. To be honest, 420 servers are well encrypted and they would never ever divulge your info to the authorities. As long as you don't say you name, location or show anything that may clue someone in on your whereabouts, your fine as wine... Use a generic background and don't show people anything but your plants. Some folks have a disclaimer they use which states all posts are fictional and derived from online sources. Not trying to push you, just some reassurance for you if you do decide to share your experiences with us. Think about it, that's all I can say... It's entirely up to you brother :Namaste:

Definitely use both switches, full spectrum is always best unless your trying to save electricity. As for Lst'ing, did you have a look at my tutorials they have great examples of how to proceed on young seedlings. Have a look and I'll answer any questions you may come up with. Glad to be a part of your adventure Jm26, it's all about lear9and applying what you've learned.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

I will defentaly be starting a blog on YouTube and 420 magizine though I will only do time lapses on YouTube

I was the same way, it took me months before I actually started posting pics of my grow. To be honest, 420 servers are well encrypted and they would never ever divulge your info to the authorities. As long as you don't say you name, location or show anything that may clue someone in on your whereabouts, your fine as wine... Use a generic background and don't show people anything but your plants. Some folks have a disclaimer they use which states all posts are fictional and derived from online sources. Not trying to push you, just some reassurance for you if you do decide to share your experiences with us. Think about it, that's all I can say... It's entirely up to you brother :Namaste:

You may have said just the right words lol. I think I'll try to figure out how to start a journal. Major budget growing, hints the name (all I've got is a butt load of fluorescent lights.) The pic is in my closet I use for bloom.
420-magazine-mobile123678222.jpg

Ok, I think I now have a journal going. Probably not properly, but I've got something going, lol.

Why do I see some people just dropping their auto seeds in the pot with nutrient soil? Should they not be started in soil with no additives? Please correct me thank you ;)

Soil already contains some
Nutes inside it already unlike coco coco holds next to nothing new coco you give it a nute soak pre use .

Why do I see some people just dropping their auto seeds in the pot with nutrient soil? Should they not be started in soil with no additives? Please correct me thank you ;)

Velk is right, I will usually give a mild nutrient presoak with my root boosters before the plant goes in. Most of the nutrients will settle in the lower part of the media and thus not damaging the new sprout since the roots don't reach down to far at that stage. But on the other hand, no nutrients is also just as doable and beneficial. Every seedling (barring the loss of the cotyledons) will have enough internal energies/food to sustain it for at least the first week. So technically you're both right... Imo. But this is the thread for discussion and a congregation of ideas from the many growers we have here. The main thing is that each grower learns and does what is best for them and what is best for their plants. I honestly couldn't disagree with either of you...

After stumbling across Snidrajsed's articles on topping and training I applied these techniques to two of my White Widow autos just this morning. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath. It's all an adventure!

IMG_96707.JPG
IMG_96696.JPG

After stumbling across Snidrajsed's articles on topping and training I applied these techniques to two of my White Widow autos just this morning. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath. It's all an adventure!

IMG_96707.JPG
IMG_96696.JPG

Thanks for the feedback again Rider, it's much appreciated. You don't really need to have those stakes holding down the fan leaves though. It may help a little, but not entirely necessary. It won't hurt at all though, I'm glad to have allowed you to make that step towards many many Colas.

Back
Top Bottom