Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Did it get stunted or held back in veg?

I've been told (by somebody that doesn't really do autos but has been growing for longer than I've been alive) that stunted autos often end up being a main cola and not much else.

I know where I went wrong with these ones anyway.....I'm crap at hand watering and they got way too dry early on.
mud2908-1.jpg

The ones in the background are photo period plants that ran out of water. The other autos I managed to stunt got topped by slugs so they looked a bit different and ended up even smaller but I still got the best part of an ounce of nice smoke from one of them.

I may have stunted her in veg, not sure. I do like to let the plants dry out a bit between waterings, but I don't think she got as dry as my photos would have. She is 27 days above ground and today measuring 7 inches tall. Is that short for an auto of this age? I have no idea, this is the first auto I have not killed as a seedling.

I may have stunted her in veg, not sure. I do like to let the plants dry out a bit between waterings, but I don't think she got as dry as my photos would have. She is 27 days above ground and today measuring 7 inches tall. Is that short for an auto of this age? I have no idea, this is the first auto I have not killed as a seedling.

That doesn't sound too short to me....maybe a little but it was the lack of side branches coupled with the size of the flowers that make me think it looks like it didn't have the best start.

The whole wet/dry cycle thing I hear talented photo growers mentioning didn't work out for me with autos (and I've never finished a photo in soil!). Following Atrain's advice of keeping them wet and feeding them every day worked better for me so it might be worth looking at how he treats his young seedlings in soil.

Certainly my hydro ones are kept wet all the time....I set my pump running before I even had a seed in a rockwool cube and the pump will run until I've harvested.

That doesn't sound too short to me....maybe a little but it was the lack of side branches coupled with the size of the flowers that make me think it looks like it didn't have the best start.

The whole wet/dry cycle thing I hear talented photo growers mentioning didn't work out for me with autos (and I've never finished a photo in soil!). Following Atrain's advice of keeping them wet and feeding them every day worked better for me so it might be worth looking at how he treats his young seedlings in soil.

Certainly my hydro ones are kept wet all the time....I set my pump running before I even had a seed in a rockwool cube and the pump will run until I've harvested.

I am going to take that advice and keep her wetter from now on. It's a learning process, I am all ears and love the process, so on we go.

I water seedling every other day about 1/4 to 1/2 liter the circumference of a softball around the seedling in to the base

Thanks for that brother. I am learning. Been a rough run with autos for me, so I am going to lay off for a bit, but I am going to continue to learn because Mephisto is calling my name.

Got test results back from the Auto Northern Lights. What is interesting is the high CBG. Studies so far on this CANNABINOID show that is reduces anxiety and inflammation. This is the highest I've seen.

The total is 19.23 and THC is 17.24

Not bad for an auto. It's really stoney, though. However, the auto Magnum is even more stoney, so I cannot wait to see what it test at.

It also passed all mold and pesticides. I sprayed with Organicide three in one twice during flowering, too.

test_results_auto_northern_lights.jpg

I transplanted my auto to a bigger pot, to try to make it more productive.
If interested, you can check the process on Page 4 of my 2nd journal " 2* Northern Light x Big Bud + 2* Jack 47 Auto " .

A pic of the roots on day 48 - container of 7L (2 gal), on its way to a 11 liter container (almost double the size, i didn't use the 7 litr to the top).
0048-TRANS-002-Roots.jpg

making it day 1 of the transplant :)
0048-TRANS-005-NEW-POT.jpg

Dark Devil is 30 days old today. Not much upward growth lately, what I have noticed is the two lowest nodes are growing out and setting themselves up. Not sure that this plant will yield much at all to speak of, but time will tell.

IMG_0009312.JPG

IMG_0012265.JPG

Dark Devil is 30 days old today. Not much upward growth lately, what I have noticed is the two lowest nodes are growing out and setting themselves up. Not sure that this plant will yield much at all to speak of, but time will tell?
Very nice looking plant. I wouldn't sell her short yet, no pun intended, I have had several autos that did not start their stretch until after 30 days, but when they start they stretch fast. I just had one at day 33 that was only 9 inches tall but 4 days later it's 14 inches tall.

Looks good tho man a vary pretty plant.

Thank you Slayer. I can't take credit for it though, Doc Bud's kit is responsible. So easy, a cave man (me) can do it!

Very nice looking plant. I wouldn't sell her short yet, no pun intended, I have had several autos that did not start their stretch until after 30 days, but when they start they stretch fast. I just had one at day 33 that was only 9 inches tall but 4 days later it's 14 inches tall.

Thank you Hemi. This is my first auto, so I am flying blind. Also my second grow ever and it did not start well, so the encouragement and reassurance is very welcomed. Glad to hear I might not be terribly off track!

Back
Top Bottom