Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

hi guys wanted to share my White cheese grow a bit again by now. now at day 34 (hydros) the one in soil (right side in the back) are at day 20-23-ish and the last one in soil are just a regular vegging a bit so not important. they are gonna go into full bloom soon i think :cheer:

20160122_080858.jpg

here is the journal if anyone want to sneak a peak ;)
White Cheese Auto Under Two Mars Reflectors 48x5W

:Namaste: fellow growers

Ok wassssssup A-train, I heard your the man to talk to when it comes to autos. This is my first grow, and i knew i would make some kind of mistake but hey thats how you learn right. So check it, Im growing 2 auto purple cheese and Ak-47. There both basically 36 days.. Im using a 4x4 6ft grow tent. I have a 150hps light running but im looking to up grade and i would really appreciate what size/brand/bulb or wha i would recommend for a tent this size. One of my auto have grown to about 6ft i posted it 6f auto 36 day maybe you can help a fellow auto G out.

Sent from my LGMS345 using 420

Ok wassssssup A-train, I heard your the man to talk to when it comes to autos. This is my first grow, and i knew i would make some kind of mistake but hey thats how you learn right. So check it, Im growing 2 auto purple cheese and Ak-47. There both basically 36 days.. Im using a 4x4 6ft grow tent. I have a 150hps light running but im looking to up grade and i would really appreciate what size/brand/bulb or wha i would recommend for a tent this size. One of my auto have grown to about 6ft i posted it 6f auto 36 day maybe you can help a fellow auto G out.

Sent from my LGMS345 using 420

I guess the size of light depends on temps in the tent , can you stop it getting too hot .
Be safe .

Yea.. thats not a problem I can control the heat in the room and the tent

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

you can easily run a 600hps in that size of tent might have to add some type of coolshade tho. i got a tent that size with that light and shade back in 07 when i got the first setup. it worked awesome. but if money is a bit of an issue a 400 hps does a real good job also.

Ypu can run a 600 for sure would need to be in a cool hood or very well ventilated...

Is there any reason you can't go LED?

I can tell you since going to LED there's no going back.

Here's an example. When running my 600 hps I would jar my buds @62% RH and each jar held 31 to 35 grams.

Since running under the mars 2 1200 when I jar my buds I'm getting 41 to 50 grams a jar @ 62% this is due to the density of the buds under the LED in a 4x4 I would reccomend 2 led panels

Dark Devil in Doc Bud's High Brix. Really hoping to pull a decent yield off this guy. We are about 26 days above ground at this point. Looking ok to me, a bit small for my liking, but this is my first auto.

This may not have been the best choice for a first auto BrixNewb, because it may not get to be as huge as you'd like, but let me assure you, there's not a more beautiful plant with a more incredible high to grow. You won't fully appreciate that until you harvest, cure and take that first few hits. BB and I always have a difficult time leaving the harvest alone long enough to get a good cure in and that's a testimony to the quality of the buzz. :laughtwo: LEDRF manages to get incredible yields with his specimens and MagicJim agonized over his just as you're doing, and his just exploded at one point. He's smoking her now, and he's a very happy camper. :battingeyelashes:

You're growing in Doc's HB soil and the Dark Devil Autos have been known to really surprise under the best growing conditions. Your stalk looks strong and hearty to me, and I see evidence that she's just about ready to make her vertical jump. You have great genetics, excellent soil and given lots of good light you're on the right track for a good yield. They just have a tendency to start off slower than we expect or desire. Light is the engine that drives the grow. That statement is so true with the DDA. Try to supplement with some side lighting. You won't regret it. You still have about 60 days or so to go with her.

There's just something about this strain that catches you and won't let go. My next grow will have one, of course, since it's one of my signature strains, and I intend to surround that baby with as much light as I can safely get into the grow space and run the lights 20/4. I want to see if I can push production to new personal levels. I just have to decide if I'm going to grow it in kit soil or LOS. So many choices, and I always want to try them all! LOL!

Very very great info/ data. Makes me feel good I went with led. I'm actually trying to learn how to build some cob leds for a fuller spectrum and use about half the wattage as ordinary leds. So I've been told at least lol

well.. that's the way it works until you figure out you can get twice the light for the same amount of power :laughtwo:

you can easily run a 600hps in that size of tent might have to add some type of coolshade tho. i got a tent that size with that light and shade back in 07 when i got the first setup. it worked awesome. but if money is a bit of an issue a 400 hps does a real good job also.
Thanks for the advice I'm looking into it.. going back and fourth with either 400 or 600 money isn't a issue.. I'm thinking of maybe just grabbing 2 400w LED panels..

I could chat with you guys all night seriously lol.. I really appreciate it. This was my first so now I'm gathering all the info you guys are telling me to upgrade the tent for my second go around. I plan getting the lighting fairly quick within a week so hopefully a can pop it in the tent to improve my results.

Thanks for the advice I'm looking into it.. going back and fourth with either 400 or 600 money isn't a issue.. I'm thinking of maybe just grabbing 2 400w LED panels.
I use two 300 watt panels in my 3x3 and my plants seem to love it. My total watt draw at the wall in full spectrum is 310 watts.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom