Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update... the four seeds that I wrapped in paper towel on Thursday all showed tap roots, so they moved to solo cups this afternoon. The Chem 91 had by far the longest root! I forgot to take pics, but will try to remember to catch a germination shot. Hope you are all doing well on this hot and humid weekend.

I've had some humidity problems, including mold. Hopefully I've got it under control now. Tomorrow will tell.

I've had some humidity problems, including mold. Hopefully I've got it under control now. Tomorrow will tell.

Yup... I guess it goes with the time of year. Fingers-crossed that you've got it sorted.

Me to Old Salt, summer is ruff here also but winter is a lot better. I can normally keep it around 45-50 in winter months with my humidifier.✌

It's good for those with less experience to see that those with more still have problems, and how they are solved. That's an important part of learning how to grow.

It's good for those with less experience to see that those with more still have problems, and how they are solved. That's an important part of learning how to grow.

That is a really important point, Salty.

Thank you MrSauga, the Feeding Calculator and the Calmag information is very helpful. I'm excited for this grow. If, I have any ?'s may, I ask you? I have one seed that is popping it's head up. It's a unknown. I got to name these seeds.:hmmmm:
Sure you can... there's lots of great talent in here and we're all about helping. If I can't someone here will.

Welcome @Mr. Magoo !

This is so true.. very infrequently you see the higher experience level people showing the problems they had and the route they took to the solution.

Please enlighten us all when you do have the mold under control!

She's gorgeous!! How long you thinking? Maybe another 2 weeks?

Mornin all. I was only gonna post some pics but I've experienced something I'd like to share. I had no issues with bud rot until I switched to coco and synthetics. 0, nadda, nuthin. And then I switched and it was like holy shit! I had to throw away multiple main cola's of Blue Dream(HSO crap) and Critical my first coco grow. Btw, same location, same environment. To me this points straight to the strength and health of our plants immune system. Food for thought.
So here's the kids. My 2 cbd plants up and strong. 3 Rosetta Stone up in unison in 3 days. Then there's the Nana Dawgs.
*deep sigh* 3/6 popped, 1 sprouted like a champ in 48hrs and then died within 24hrs. So I have 2 and they're the least vigorous of the tray. Nana's are the smallest 2; the green dot lower right and the smaller 1 in the shared pot.

I previously grew in super soil with bottled organics....

And I'm going back to super soil with bottled organics and select synthetics with this grow. Even with my knowledge and experience, I wasn't sure loading coco with lime was gonna work. I imagine the ph is pretty high. High 7's probably. Doesn't matter, in small pots I just make sure the ph is close to ideal and go with it. Once I hit #5 nursery pot size I don't ph at all.
Namaste

I can see that happening as with coco you never let it dry out so there's more humidity being given off by the media. Soil dries the top out within hours of intense light hitting it yet you don't water it for days so things stay drier. That's why it's crucial to keep lots of airflow just above the media line to keep that moisture moving and not allow it to collect in the buds.

Mornin all. I was only gonna post some pics but I've experienced something I'd like to share. I had no issues with bud rot until I switched to coco and synthetics. 0, nadda, nuthin. And then I switched and it was like holy shit! I had to throw away multiple main cola's of Blue Dream(HSO crap) and Critical my first coco grow. Btw, same location, same environment. To me this points straight to the strength and health of our plants immune system. Food for thought.
So here's the kids. My 2 cbd plants up and strong. 3 Rosetta Stone up in unison in 3 days. Then there's the Nana Dawgs.
*deep sigh* 3/6 popped, 1 sprouted like a champ in 48hrs and then died within 24hrs. So I have 2 and they're the least vigorous of the tray. Nana's are the smallest 2; the green dot lower right and the smaller 1 in the shared pot.

I previously grew in super soil with bottled organics....

Sorry hear about the disappointments, MJ.

Sounds like you really have things dialed in with your soil and organic nutes, so if coco isn't working for you, going back makes a lot of sense.

I personally like growing in coco, but I had gotten used to it when growing orchids and other plants earlier.

Hope that your Banana Dawgs get a move on soon!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Not a whole lot to report I'm afraid. It appears my Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry clone has adapted nicely to my homemade organic soil. Her color looks real good. Maybe just the slightest bit of leaf tip burn but I'm okay with that at this point. She's going to grow in to that Nitrogen here in the near future and love it. I'm seeing an increase in the development of her roots which is a good sign too. So heck, I guess there was something to report after all. :) And guys, if there are no photos it didn't happen.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Not a whole lot to report I'm afraid. It appears my Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry clone has adapted nicely to my homemade organic soil. Her color looks real good. Maybe just the slightest bit of leaf tip burn but I'm okay with that at this point. She's going to grow in to that Nitrogen here in the near future and love it. I'm seeing an increase in the development of her roots which is a good sign too. So heck, I guess there was something to report after all. :) And guys, if there are no photos it didn't happen.

Nice!

Back
Top Bottom