Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

How quick does water do it’s magic, like in minutes or in hours? I’m gonna need to do a journal for that grow, so I can call on you guys when I’m unsure on something.

That’s gonna be a fun journal! Probably will be 2020 winter-spring.

Hey @The Bard i have a suggestion for this comparative grow. I know things are just barely getting going, but once we’ve all got plants above ground we should do like a designated day of the week for a photo. So we can see where everyone is all at once. Might be cool

Water will
Kill pollen quickly, pollinate your females give them 18 hours or so then spray everything down inside the tent
So then if I were to do two, I could stagger the flip to flower and that would allow for one strain to be well sprayed down before the next really gets going?

...we should do like a designated day of the week for a photo....

Thanks Chef...

Cool idea, but I think it would be tough to coordinate, as different folks have different schedules with work, family, etc. If you would like to nominate "Sunday is picture day" or whatever day works best for you and others, that is great. But of course, anyone can post pics whenever works for them based on days off from work, time to take and post photos, etc. Plus, for me, I just like checking in here each day to see what folks have been up to. Just trying to keep it really flexible and low key so that everyone can participate however they like.

Lots of seeds dropping in the past few days, so we should start seeing some cool stuff soon!

Thanks again, Chef.

Good evening all. Does anyone use a bubble cloner? If so, what's in your solution? :ganjamon:

By coincidence I just did an update on my clones in my journal earlier today. I used a solution of RO water, rooting hormone gel, GH Flora Micro, GH Flora Bloom, and a bit of B52. EC of 0.15, and pH of 5.5-5.8. Used that for two weeks, and today changed out water to a solution without the rooting gel, EC 0.25, pH 5.6.

On the other hand, I believe that @Dutchman1990 (whose cloner design I copied) just used plain water, and he got great results.

Good evening all. Does anyone use a bubble cloner? If so, what's in your solution? :ganjamon:
No solution is needed just tap water works!! You can add a rooting booster such as Rapid Start to help out but really isn’t needed!!

By coincidence I just did an update on my clones in my journal earlier today. I used a solution of RO water, rooting hormone gel, GH Flora Micro, GH Flora Bloom, and a bit of B52. EC of 0.15, and pH of 5.5-5.8. Used that for two weeks, and today changed out water to a solution without the rooting gel, EC 0.25, pH 5.6.

On the other hand, I believe that @Dutchman1990 (whose cloner design I copied) just used plain water, and he got great results.
Plain water works great but I will be drying a few different solutions in the next rounds to see if there is any improvements or changes!

@The Bard thosr are some serious roots you’ve got coming out!

I’m new to cloning, but the way I do it is more akin to the Beez method with a few changes. Pop the cutting into soil and leave it without a humidity dome. If it looks like it’s wilting I water it with plain tap water but aside from that, I just leave it under defused lighting until it stops looking so droopy. Then I put it in the tent and let her grow. I’ve only had one cutting not take like this.

@The Bard thosr are some serious roots you’ve got coming out!

I’m new to cloning, but the way I do it is more akin to the Beez method with a few changes. Pop the cutting into soil and leave it without a humidity dome. If it looks like it’s wilting I water it with plain tap water but aside from that, I just leave it under defused lighting until it stops looking so droopy. Then I put it in the tent and let her grow. I’ve only had one cutting not take like this.

Great! Sounds like it is working really well for you. I was just replying to @Mj76's question about bubble cloning.

So I've got about 2 weeks before my current grow is out the cabinet and I can squeeze in one last grow before the man cub is born. Think I'll do a single auto. Anyone recommend a good auto that can go with this comparison?

So I've got about 2 weeks before my current grow is out the cabinet and I can squeeze in one last grow before the man cub is born. Think I'll do a single auto. Anyone recommend a good auto that can go with this comparison?

Mephisto Genetics: Chemdogging auto

Auto Seeds: Chemdog

I haven't grown either one personally. The Mephisto one looks interesting. I believe someone else on this grow is also doing the Chemdogging. I'm sure other folks with have great suggestions, as well as personal experience. Let us know what you decide to do, and glad to have you along. And congrats on the upcoming addition to the VetSmoke clan! :)

Thinking this one as being a stealth grow I have to consider odour. Some of the other chem strains are noted as carbon filter killers. Lol.

Mephisto Genetics: Chemdogging auto

Auto Seeds: Chemdog

I haven't grown either one personally. The Mephisto one looks interesting. I believe someone else on this grow is also doing the Chemdogging. I'm sure other folks with have great suggestions, as well as personal experience. Let us know what you decide to do, and glad to have you along. And congrats on the upcoming addition to the VetSmoke clan! :)
Thanks bud. Yeah think it will be a coin toss between the chemdogging and deep blue c. Both are Mephisto.

Thanks bud. Yeah think it will be a coin toss between the chemdogging and deep blue c. Both are Mephisto.

Cool! I have the Deep Blue C seeds, but haven't grown them yet. Probably won't get to them for a bit, so hope you get that one so I can watch you grow it. Good luck.

Cool! I have the Deep Blue C seeds, but haven't grown them yet. Probably won't get to them for a bit, so hope you get that one so I can watch you grow it. Good luck.
Sounds like a plan. I'll get the order placed and jump in the mix soon. The girls are getting chopped this weekend at the latest.

Chemdogging is a solid strain, it's a Chem D x auto sativa bred to the Chem D side.
Nice. One to remember. I've ordered the Deep Blue C to try on this run. Will either run it on her own or next to a Pink Grapefruit Auto I have. May just stick with the one plant though after the issues I had with the current photoperiod grow. See how I feel at the time.

Back
Top Bottom