Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

No way is an F1 homogenous lol

Penny would you see less variation in F2s made with Bx1 parents vs F1 parents? Logic tells me you’d see less variation cause the Bx1s are 75% mother... right? Or does it not work that way and it just becomes more dependent on how stable mom is.

It's all statistical math, a backcross using a related male would give fewer phenos. But bx1 wouldn't be super homogenous. Usually by the 3rd or 4th box the females should be pretty uniform.

The Copper Chems get the room to themselves.

Hey @The Bard! I didn't take a picture but Nana Dawg #3 broke the surface this afternoon. 48hrs dude! That totally supports what you were saying about taking them out of cold storage. :thumb:

That is great! I am happy that the cold storage is working for you. Also relieved, as my whole seed collection is stored that way! Feel free to share pics when you get a chance to take some. I have to be disciplined and wait for a couple more weeks before I can drop my seeds, so that I have a home for them in the tent.

Yo Yo Doggies!!!

0_yoyo.gif

Finally! I've had this on my calendar for a month ... :surf:

I had a choice of getting HSO Chemdawg ... or ... Dr. Seeds Chem Dog ...

Dr. Watson ... my trusty sidekick ... says ... support the sponsors ... get the "3 FOR 2" ... and pick from the seller who can spell Dog :)

IMG_20190803_125124.jpg

Dr. Watson guarding the plants from the cat, ... the cat wants to help me prune with her teeth lol
(Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel CBD)

I also had the option of getting a few CBD versions of Chem Dog.

Actually, I think it's funny that for about 50 years we tried to breed CBD out of cannabis strains ... and now we are breeding it back in :)

It's amazing ... I just read that in about 20 years ... cannabis is going to be a 47 billion dollar industry!!!

Coca-Cola is even starting to disccuss high level marketing strategies for a cannabis drink.

I think as soon as the wealthy elite have their investments all lined up for the cannabis-train ... they'll change the laws.

I don't think the States has much longer before legalization ... since the fortune 100 companies are beginning to position themselves in the market!

Anyway, I'm ordering the seeds tomorrow and expect to have them by Friday:

Chem Dog #4
Gorilla Glue #4

ZKITTLEZ

:green_heart:

0_dogs-day-with-little-girl-750x600.jpg

:surf:

Attachments

• 0_yoyo.jpg
    0_yoyo.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 57
Yo Yo Doggies!!!

0_yoyo.gif

Finally! I've had this on my calendar for a month ... :surf:

I had a choice of getting HSO Chemdawg ... or ... Dr. Seeds Chem Dog ...

Dr. Watson ... my trusty sidekick ... says ... support the sponsors ... get the "3 FOR 2" ... and pick from the seller who can spell Dog :)

IMG_20190803_125124.jpg

Dr. Watson guarding the plants from the cat, ... the cat wants to help me prune with her teeth lol
(Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel CBD)

I also had the option of getting a few CBD versions of Chem Dog.

Actually, I think it's funny that for about 50 years we tried to breed CBD out of cannabis strains ... and now we are breeding it back in :)

It's amazing ... I just read that in about 20 years ... cannabis is going to be a 47 billion dollar industry!!!

Coca-Cola is even starting to disccuss high level marketing strategies for a cannabis drink.

I think as soon as the wealthy elite have their investments all lined up for the cannabis-train ... they'll change the laws.

I don't think the States has much longer before legalization ... since the fortune 100 companies are beginning to position themselves in the market!

Anyway, I'm ordering the seeds tomorrow and expect to have them by Friday:

Chem Dog #4
Gorilla Glue #4

ZKITTLEZ

0_dogs-day-with-little-girl-750x600.jpg

:peace:

Nice! Glad to have you join us on this grow. Looks like some cool strains you have picked out there. Love the doggies. :)

It's all statistical math, a backcross using a related male would give fewer phenos. But bx1 wouldn't be super homogenous. Usually by the 3rd or 4th box the females should be pretty uniform.

From the C99 man himself, hope you fine folks don't mind me posting it.

"
Here’s how cubing works:

1. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female with the pollen of a related male, preferably her father or a brother - to preserve any female traits that are linked to the male side of the family. An unrelated male won't have the Y-chromosome of the chosen female's family & therefore any Y-linked traits of the family will always be missing in the seed line. The resulting seeds contain 1/2 the original female's genes and 1/2 those of the male.

2. Grow the above seeds & flower them.

3. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female with pollen from a male selected from the above group. These seeds contain 1/2 the chosen female's genes plus 1/4 more from the male being 1/2 her genetics too. I call this first back-cross generation .75 to capture the idea that it's 3/4 of the original female's genetics.

4. Grow the above seeds & flower them.

5. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female, using a selected male from the above generation. These seeds contain 7/8 the original genes (1/2+3/8), so this second back-cross is the .88 generation.

6. Grow the above seeds & flower them.

7. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with pollen from a selected male off the above generation. These seeds contain 15/16 the original genes (1/2+7/16), in other words, so we’ll call this third back-cross the ".94" generation.

Theoretically, this will be a stable, true-breeding seed line from which all females are replicas of the original."

The Mega Crop version 1 does not supply the plants with enough P and K in flowering. Several I grew before I started using the FF flowering supplements showed P and K deficiencies during mid to late flowering. My understanding this problem was addressed by MC with their version 2 nutrients. Here is a couple buds I harvested today from a GG#4 plant I have flowering. First time growing this strain so I wanted a couple sample buds (she is flip + 60 days today) at this stage to compare them to the buds at flip + 70 days which is when I anticipate I will harvest the tops of the plant. I think the MC + FF does a good job.

Very frothy girl she looks yummy too.

Nice stuff :passitleft:

From the C99 man himself, hope you fine folks don't mind me posting it.

"
Here’s how cubing works:

1. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female with the pollen of a related male, preferably her father or a brother - to preserve any female traits that are linked to the male side of the family. An unrelated male won't have the Y-chromosome of the chosen female's family & therefore any Y-linked traits of the family will always be missing in the seed line. The resulting seeds contain 1/2 the original female's genes and 1/2 those of the male.

2. Grow the above seeds & flower them.

3. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female with pollen from a male selected from the above group. These seeds contain 1/2 the chosen female's genes plus 1/4 more from the male being 1/2 her genetics too. I call this first back-cross generation .75 to capture the idea that it's 3/4 of the original female's genetics.

4. Grow the above seeds & flower them.

5. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female, using a selected male from the above generation. These seeds contain 7/8 the original genes (1/2+3/8), so this second back-cross is the .88 generation.

6. Grow the above seeds & flower them.

7. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with pollen from a selected male off the above generation. These seeds contain 15/16 the original genes (1/2+7/16), in other words, so we’ll call this third back-cross the ".94" generation.

Theoretically, this will be a stable, true-breeding seed line from which all females are replicas of the original."
The question I posed wasn’t so much about how to backcross or what backcrossing is or why it’s used. My question pertained to making F2s out of BX1 seeds. Pretty much I bought a pack of God’s Gift BX1 and I’m probably going to open pollinate them then hunt a pheno that grows really well in my specific environment. I would go on cubing the seeds if I could, but I don’t have the mother clone.

@SQl2kGuy welcome aboard!! Looks like you’re gonna be running some tasty gear. Can’t wait to see what you can do!

I would go on with open pollination, making F2 from a BX plant shouldn't have any undesirable consequences
That’s my next grow cycle. I was thinking about setting up my other tent also and doing a couple open pollen runs simultaneously. How hard is it to keep from cross contaminating two pollination runs?

I could put the second tent in a different room, but I think for the first go around I’ll just stick with one. Get my feet wet, then figure out how I can do two together.
Sorry for all the questions Penny!

Water is your friend when trying to keep pollen under control.

Back
Top Bottom