Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

TYVM.....I thought it was Humboldt but their selection on Neptune didn't seem right.

TYVM.....I thought it was Humboldt but their selection on Neptune didn't seem right.

Yes, was my mistake in mentioning Neptune - I had just ordered from Neptune so they must have been on my mind. It is Humboldt CSI, not the HSO one.

I have a seed-buying problem! :)

Not really a plan, just like to have seeds that I am excited about on-hand. They are tucked away in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Will just keep plugging away with small grows trying different techniques and see which cultivars I like best.

I have way more seeds that I have room or a plan for. I need to start SA - Seedaholics Anonymous. LOL.

I suspect I am not the only one with this addiction.
I know exactly what you mean! Unfortunately (or fortunately) the misses helps me control that urge to splurge hahaha. I just asked cause like, I have plans for my seeds you know? Based on the failure I had this run I’m thinking I might just do open pollination runs on all my reggae seed.

I've been going back and forth trying to decide what to bring to the comparative grow. I have a few options and that's what presents the problem......I can't make up my mind. I have straight up Chemdawg from HSO...……...I have Sour Chem which is a cross of Sour Angel (In House Genetics) and Chemdawg (HSO)…...Chemdawg HSO X Royal Gorilla (Royal Queen Seeds)...…..Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry (Absoul33t Genetics Group)…...and Gorilla Glue #4

I would have to start from seed growing all but the Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry which I have growing and could take a cutting and start there. I have no room currently to flower out the Chem 91 plant so I was already going to get a rooted clone and compost the bigger plant. So that's not a bad option.

But then there is that cross with the Sour Angel which is a kick ass pure indica. Another 420 member was growing a couple of these out but due to unforeseen circumstances had to shut down his grow and dispose of his plants. So I am really curious what this cross will produce. I have a few days to figure it out. o_O

I vote for the Sour Chem! That sounds like it could be a real winner.

@The Bard me and @weenmeoff have talked about SA at times. I have a bunch more seeds than I will ever get the chance to run. It is insane how quickly they can accumulate.

I know exactly what you mean! Unfortunately (or fortunately) the misses helps me control that urge to splurge hahaha. I just asked cause like, I have plans for my seeds you know? Based on the failure I had this run I’m thinking I might just do open pollination runs on all my reggae seed.
Chef there's no need to change your method. You did nothing wrong. It's not a failure.

I am really lucky that Mrs. Bard is a co-conspirator. I started growing primarily for her (RA and fibro) and so was focused on pain and sleepy meds. So I still focus on indicas that help for those conditions/symptoms. But as you can see from the seeds etc., I'm playing around in other areas too. Not quite at the stage of a plan, so more like a hope, is to do some crossing at some point in the future, just for the fun and education of it. It was interesting to watch the work that @beez0404 and @Chris Scorpio have done with crossing. Hoping that I might have even a fraction of the success that those guys have had - learned a lot from both of their journals.

None of my business, but from what you shared it seems like it was more of a disappointment than a "failure" - big difference to me, anyhow. Hope that things improve for you from here.

I vote for the Sour Chem! That sounds like it could be a real winner.

@The Bard me and @weenmeoff have talked about SA at times. I have a bunch more seeds than I will ever get the chance to run. It is insane how quickly they can accumulate.

Yes! The seeds just keep showing up in my mailbox. I have no idea how they get there! :)

Just so many great-sounding strains out there. And then reading journals here, the wish list just keeps getting longer.

Glad I am not the only SA-member - good to have company.

Yes! The seeds just keep showing up in my mailbox. I have no idea how they get there! :)

Just so many great-sounding strains out there. And then reading journals here, the wish list just keeps getting longer.

Glad I am not the only SA-member - good to have company.
I have been good and have not ordered seeds in ages. There was a while there when seeds did indeed just keep popping up in my mail box. It was like once a week a new order would arrive. I have enough seeds now for 10 life times lol

I have been good and have not ordered seeds in ages. There was a while there when seeds did indeed just keep popping up in my mail box. It was like once a week a new order would arrive. I have enough seeds ow for 10 life times lol

LOL!

I am pacing myself a bit better now, but still have one order on the way (Chem 91 from CSI), and another envelope from a trade with someone here on 420. But the "wishlist" feature on Seedsman is pretty darn full of future candidates. So far I have resisted moving them into the cart.

Copper Chem full frontal wk 7

When seeds come out of cold storage, do they need a little extra time to germinate?

Short Answer: not in my experience.

Long Answer:
I have the seeds in a ziplock bag with those "desiccant" packs that absorb moisture. When I want a seed, I take the bag out of the freezer, but leave it zipped closed, so the warm air doesn't enter and create moisture. I let the whole bag warm up for about an hour. I then pull the seed(s) that I want, zip the bag back up, and put back in the freezer.

After 24-48 hours in a damp paper towel, the seeds have germinated without a problem. It seems like they wake up pretty quick.

Alright thanks. Fingers crossed on Nana number 1.

Go baby go! I have been looking for a good banana strain to put on the wishlist. Fat Banana by RQS is one possibility. Who is the breeder/seller of the banana-dog cross, if you don't mind my asking?

Back
Top Bottom