White Widow Feminized Royal Queen Seeds (RQS)

I am indeed using FOOP on my current backyard grow, which consists of a single plant. However, this is my first time using FOOP (and also my first solo outdoor grow). So I'm learning as I go.

My plant just recently went into flower. When preflowers appeared I continued with the FOOP veg @60,60,20 (veg1, veg2, sweetener) for about 15 days prior to switching to the Bloom. I started out the Bloom @35,35,25 (bloom1, bloom2, sweetener) per the FOOP feed schedule. During that 15-day period my plants stretched but not very much, and I believe that by the time I started using the Bloom the stretch was mostly done.

The plant is a clone being grown in used Fox Farms soil. It seems to be responding well to what I'm doing. But again, I'm not an experienced outdoor grower. Any sign of progress gives me hope. Indeed, if the plant just stays alive I feel like I'm winning!

One other thing, @chad43764. I'm using a plastic pot for this grow (another first for me) and it's way different from using a fabric pot. I water my plant only about once every 4-5 days and then it generally only takes about a liter (maybe a little more) to induce run-off.

For growing in soil, FOOP recommends at least once-a-week feeds but no more than 3 times per week. I don't know how to translate that information when a plant is only being watered every 4-5 days. So, I feed my plant FOOP every time I water her.

IMG_9548.JPG

Hope you find this helpful Chad!

I'll be following along to see how this turns out for you. I'll probably learn something!

BTW, how does your house smell, using that stinking-ass FOOP inside? :)
Honestly bub it's difficult for me with the foop right now because I didn't actually start them out like I should have on the foop. For example, we know our plants will last so long before we need to feed them. Well, I'd start week 3 or so on first week feeding schedule according to foop. However, my plant went like two months without requirement. I mean I added some cal-mag n super thrive during lst faze to aid with stress, but I had to deal with aphids on a mistake I made n thank God they didn't infest this white Widow, but that faze caused some stress. Now when I got past the stress per se I added 30/30 mg or whatever on veg/veg and the affect was not as harsh. You could actually see the green coming back slowly. Then a few days later I just watered them, then I hit em with next step up which is like 45/45 or 40/40 veg/veg. Next feeding I'd like to incorporate some bloom, but low dose until I see how she responds. She's just into flower n has a lot of time to go. I don't wanna overdo the mix. I can measure ec or ppm to not exceed ideal flower ppm. What u think?

Honestly bub it's difficult for me with the foop right now because I didn't actually start them out like I should have on the foop. For example, we know our plants will last so long before we need to feed them. Well, I'd start week 3 or so on first week feeding schedule according to foop. However, my plant went like two months without requirement. I mean I added some cal-mag n super thrive during lst faze to aid with stress, but I had to deal with aphids on a mistake I made n thank God they didn't infest this white Widow, but that faze caused some stress. Now when I got past the stress per se I added 30/30 mg or whatever on veg/veg and the affect was not as harsh. You could actually see the green coming back slowly. Then a few days later I just watered them, then I hit em with next step up which is like 45/45 or 40/40 veg/veg. Next feeding I'd like to incorporate some bloom, but low dose until I see how she responds. She's just into flower n has a lot of time to go. I don't wanna overdo the mix. I can measure ec or ppm to not exceed ideal flower ppm. What u think?
How many weeks has she been on the veg nutes Chad? I'd leave her on veg until she stretches a bit and then start the bloom.

I think measuring ppm or ec is a great idea, especially when dealing with a new nutrient line. I should start doing that! (See, told ya' I was going to learn something!) :Rasta:

How many weeks has she been on the veg nutes Chad? I'd leave her on veg until she stretches a bit and then start the bloom.

I think measuring ppm or ec is a great idea, especially when dealing with a new nutrient line. I should start doing that! (See, told ya' I was going to learn something!) :Rasta:
I found this link here. Check it out n tell me what you think? I'm thinking how I'm supposed to check runoff? Okay, so if I mixed a nutrient solution around 1000 ppm and I dump it on my soil the runoff I get should be lower, unless I have salt build up. Plus, I think I know where those came from...I watered with r/o water directly. It started to strip my nutrients quick. So, I'ma have to add a supplement to the water every time. Perhaps that's why foop recommend feeding with every water, but a clean water.

I found this link here. Check it out n tell me what you think? I'm thinking how I'm supposed to check runoff? Okay, so if I mixed a nutrient solution around 1000 ppm and I dump it on my soil the runoff I get should be lower, unless I have salt build up. Plus, I think I know where those came from...I watered with r/o water directly. It started to strip my nutrients quick. So, I'ma have to add a supplement to the water every time. Perhaps that's why foop recommend feeding with every water, but a clean water.
Sry bro I had smoked a pre roll n forgot to post the link. Lol

Okay. I've been giving veg nutes about two maybe three weeks. I have a question. Do you think after the stretch I can just water with low dose veg and slowly titrate the bloom upwards but keep veg at a minimal say 30/30 ml plus whatever bloom I add. I'd surely check ppm before feeding. Thank you

Okay. I've been giving veg nutes about two maybe three weeks. I have a question. Do you think after the stretch I can just water with low dose veg and slowly titrate the bloom upwards but keep veg at a minimal say 30/30 ml plus whatever bloom I add. I'd surely check ppm before feeding. Thank you
I honestly haven't really measured ppm or ec, but I'd definitely start to become better accustomed to how much we need to add n subtract.

Chad. one of the reasons I like trying new nutrients is to see what works "out of the box." So the first time I use a new nutrient I tend to run it according to the manufacturer's directions. Since this is my first time using FOOP, I'm adhering to their directions. If the plant balks, I may try to adjust. But for the most part, I'm sticking with the program.

Doing what you describe could very well work. I don't see an immediate reason why it would not. And it seems that if you measured ppms, it would be relatively safe to give it a go. I'd love to see you go for it!

Chad. one of the reasons I like trying new nutrients is to see what works "out of the box." So the first time I use a new nutrient I tend to run it according to the manufacturer's directions. Since this is my first time using FOOP, I'm adhering to their directions. If the plant balks, I may try to adjust. But for the most part, I'm sticking with the program.

Doing what you describe could very well work. I don't see an immediate reason why it would not. And it seems that if you measured ppms, it would be relatively safe to give it a go. I'd love to see you go for it!
Right on brother. I'll definitely keep you folks posted. Thank you

Here she is today. I gave her 30/30 veg n 30/30 bloom foop at 6.3 pH. Also, I gave only 15 ml sweetener n will up it to 20 next watering as well as the bloom. I'll keep veg at 30/30 for now. I noticed a little yellowing on the new leaves but very little. Not sure there. Ppm is too radical. Not gonna tract it this grow. Next grow I'm going OG Kush feminized and three other seeds I got from a fella that smokes real good and he just gave me like 3-500 seeds for nothing. Well, I'd imagine his 18 year old not disclosing big plants under his daddy's roof is why. But we all still cool. I'll definitely smoke with them Lord willing.

IMG_20240910_173342520.jpg

IMG_20240910_173334722.jpg

Here she is today. I gave her 30/30 veg n 30/30 bloom foop at 6.3 pH. Also, I gave only 15 ml sweetener n will up it to 20 next watering as well as the bloom. I'll keep veg at 30/30 for now. I noticed a little yellowing on the new leaves but very little. Not sure there. Ppm is too radical. Not gonna tract it this grow. Next grow I'm going OG Kush feminized and three other seeds I got from a fella that smokes real good and he just gave me like 3-500 seeds for nothing. Well, I'd imagine his 18 year old not disclosing big plants under his daddy's roof is why. But we all still cool. I'll definitely smoke with them Lord willing.

IMG_20240910_173342520.jpg

IMG_20240910_173334722.jpg
Btw, after the feeding she really stood up. I'm thinking she a little deprived. Lol. I'm on it.

Any tips on defoliation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Beautiful lady.
Anything in darkness under her skirt isn’t going to be worth anything and just draws her energy.
I try and remove all that.
Otherwise I don’t remove much else.
She is beautiful I wouldn’t remove too much personally.
Let her go. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Beautiful lady.
Anything in darkness under her skirt isn’t going to be worth anything and just draws her energy.
I try and remove all that.
Otherwise I don’t remove much else.
She is beautiful I wouldn’t remove too much personally.
Let her go. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thank you Bill. U know honestly I only ever remove by pushing a little pressure on the particular leaf and it causes a crack at the stalk if it's ready to go. Otherwise I allow them to draw the life out, unless it needs to go otherwise. A mimosa I grew drew the purple from the stems of the fan leaves and u could actually see the purple in the stem leaves disappear.

She's a beauty Chad!

I look forward to seeing how she develops under the nutrient regimen you've moved to. She already looks a lot better than my outdoor FOOP-fed girl.

As Bill said, remove all the flowering sites in the shadows that will not amount to much due to lack of light. When I remove those flowering sites I like to leave the fan leaves attached. They make for good "sentries" that can signal you as to what's going on with the plant (deficiencies and the like).

She's a beauty Chad!

I look forward to seeing how she develops under the nutrient regimen you've moved to. She already looks a lot better than my outdoor FOOP-fed girl.

As Bill said, remove all the flowering sites in the shadows that will not amount to much due to lack of light. When I remove those flowering sites I like to leave the fan leaves attached. They make for good "sentries" that can signal you as to what's going on with the plant (deficiencies and the like).
Nice strategy. U know I forgot to tell you folks something. U know those peat pellets you start seedlings in? I took a bunch of those and soaked em n ph'd water n super thrive. Once it grew pretty good in the peat moss I transplanted it to a neutral soil I bought from Menards that had mycorrhiza in it to final five gallon. I chose neutral soil because I couldn't use fox farm (awesome soil) because foop wants neutral soil. I honestly like the soil I get. Is actually perfect for organic grows as well and cheap at like $12-15 a big bag. I utilize the peat moss because I was trying to create a environment easy enough for the white widow to grow. If I'm not mistaken the soil for white widow is like a softer type. Well it looks like it's growing good so heck with it.

Nice strategy. U know I forgot to tell you folks something. U know those peat pellets you start seedlings in? I took a bunch of those and soaked em n ph'd water n super thrive. Once it grew pretty good in the peat moss I transplanted it to a neutral soil I bought from Menards that had mycorrhiza in it to final five gallon. I chose neutral soil because I couldn't use fox farm (awesome soil) because foop wants neutral soil. I honestly like the soil I get. Is actually perfect for organic grows as well and cheap at like $12-15 a big bag. I utilize the peat moss because I was trying to create a environment easy enough for the white widow to grow. If I'm not mistaken the soil for white widow is like a softer type. Well it looks like it's growing good so heck with it.
N thank u brother. I can't wait to start my next grows tbh. I want straight organic. We should bro. U should get some DR earth organic and grow with that. U folks wanna see some beauty. Whew. That Dr Earth just works. I'ma try to go to a site I used to be on n see if I can get those pictures n show u guys. I'm telling you that it's less stress on u n ur plants. Less chance of burn and nute lock out as well. Plant eats when it's hungry n watering regimes are so easy to maintain. Straight up

Back
Top Bottom