Welcome To Our New Sponsor GROWant

Which of your lamps would work best with this growing/lighting system? Thinking 8 small lamps would be perfect. Those programmable lights - could you program them to behave like this? On off every two hours? How big is your smallest programmable light?

alternate_lights.jpg
alternate_lights_2.jpg

Our smallest programmable light is the G5 Pro G400.
You can easily set up this zig zag lighting technique with our "smart" features. One of our lights can talk to 16 lights via wireless connection. This sort of lighting can easily be replicated.
The specs on the G5 pro G400
9.7" x 10.9" x 0.8" 4.4 lbs.
The Devil has really peaked my interest this morning. Im going to have to look for more on this technique.

It's interesting because you save 50% more on electricity. That's really something.

I do want to experiment with this, but can't afford to update my light collection at this point. Some day though.

Our smallest programmable light is the G5 Pro G400.
You can easily set up this zig zag lighting technique with our "smart" features. One of our lights can talk to 16 lights via wireless connection. This sort of lighting can easily be replicated.
The specs on the G5 pro G400
9.7" x 10.9" x 0.8" 4.4 lbs.
The Devil has really peaked my interest this morning. Im going to have to look for more on this technique.

It's interesting because you save 50% more on electricity. That's really something.

I do want to experiment with this, but can't afford to update my light collection at this point. Some day though.

Here is what their G3HiPAR 240w is throwing down.
420-magazine-mobile1240900134.jpg
420-magazine-mobile992936304.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1249840338.jpg
420-magazine-mobile372952539.jpg

8 of those would give me 3200 watts in main room. That's interesting. Probably overkill though

Here's the measurements of my next planned grow. Doing 32 Jack Herer. Think I will use 800 watt over each section, and then perhaps some 200 watts as side lighting. Thinking a total of 2400 watt. That's with the gear I have now. But won't be able to do the zig zag thing with my current light setup

main_room.jpg

Damn - 8 of your lamps would pull a total of 1080 watts - I see changing my light setup could more than half my electricity consumption right now. Then with the zig zag technique I could save 50% on that as well. Wow!

Damn - 8 of your lamps would pull a total of 1080 watts - I see changing my light setup could more than half my electricity consumption right now. Then with the zig zag technique I could save 50% on that as well. Wow!

Have you been Reading about the 12/1 scedule? I am testing it with my first indoor grow and that can really save electric to! I have No idea If you are and veteran grower or just started...Maybe it can help :)

Could you approximate the same thing with half the lights on a light rail (or two)? They can be set up to hold multiple lights. They move slowly, so you wouldn't get the abrupt changes (IDK whether that would be good or bad, in comparison). You'd have the cost of the movers but save 50% on lights (err... sorry, sponsor ;) ). And you could still run some side lighting on constant (during the lights-on period :rolleyes3 ) if you're concerned about the plants being "too dark" when the mover(s) is/are on the other side of the space - or run two and start them at opposite ends, I suppose.

In regards to the checkerboard(?) alternating pattern, I once wondered if it would be feasible to find timers that could be programmed to cycle at very short intervals (one second or possibly even less?) to do something like that, not quite at strobe-light speed, lol, but like that. I figured that a computer might serve as a timer if a cheap setup couldn't be found. But then I ran into a mental wall thinking about the lights. HIDs take time to come to full brightness, and cannot be quickly cycled like that. With LEDs, those might not be issues - but IDK what the constant, rapid cycling would do the products' lifetimes (I'm guessing it might shorten them significantly, but really don't have any idea).

Just rambling. Had a few minutes before I have to go begin my Sunday activities.

420-magazine-mobile1063730719.jpg
420-magazine-mobile70468393.jpg

At $99 on Amazon this GROWant light is superior to other blurple lights with the incorporation of the 8w OSRAM chipsets. They have another version which is twice the size at 480w for $189, and their 400w G5HiPAR light will be my next addition to my light collection. The exterior drivers save on heat inside of the tent, and their low profile adds a couple inches in grow height. Couple all this with an outstanding warranty, and customer service.

Could you approximate the same thing with half the lights on a light rail (or two)? They can be set up to hold multiple lights. They move slowly, so you wouldn't get the abrupt changes (IDK whether that would be good or bad, in comparison). You'd have the cost of the movers but save 50% on lights (err... sorry, sponsor ;) ). And you could still run some side lighting on constant (during the lights-on period :rolleyes3 ) if you're concerned about the plants being "too dark" when the mover(s) is/are on the other side of the space - or run two and start them at opposite ends, I suppose.

In regards to the checkerboard(?) alternating pattern, I once wondered if it would be feasible to find timers that could be programmed to cycle at very short intervals (one second or possibly even less?) to do something like that, not quite at strobe-light speed, lol, but like that. I figured that a computer might serve as a timer if a cheap setup couldn't be found. But then I ran into a mental wall thinking about the lights. HIDs take time to come to full brightness, and cannot be quickly cycled like that. With LEDs, those might not be issues - but IDK what the constant, rapid cycling would do the products' lifetimes (I'm guessing it might shorten them significantly, but really don't have any idea).

Just rambling. Had a few minutes before I have to go begin my Sunday activities.

That's a lot of engineering! To be honest his demand for light isn't that much. He could get away with two of their G5HiPAR 800w lights in those two tents. They are designed to cover a 4x4. If you want a more versatile light array, you could outfit with 4 of the 400w for the same price, or 4 of the 480w for a little cheaper than the 800ws or 400ws. You lose some features, but save some money and get the same coverage.

Your light bill would be around $1000 roughly for all these light options.

8 of those would give me 3200 watts in main room. That's interesting. Probably overkill though

Here's the measurements of my next planned grow. Doing 32 Jack Herer. Think I will use 800 watt over each section, and then perhaps some 200 watts as side lighting. Thinking a total of 2400 watt. That's with the gear I have now. But won't be able to do the zig zag thing with my current light setup

main_room.jpg

2400 watts over two trays seems like a lot of juice. What type of lights would you be running? Two of our G5 Pro g400 can cover one of those trays. Two would give you a core coverage of at least 7x7. Each only pulling 150watts so a total of 300 watts for 7x7 coverage.
4 could cover your whole proposed set up. Only consuming 600 watts.
I feel if you put 3 on each side you may be able to develops the staggered zig zag effect. While only consuming 450watts at any given time and only pushing 900 total with everything on.

Back
Top Bottom