Welcome To Our New Sponsor GROWant

TS, I follow you here and there, and I enjoy the time and sincerity you put into the things you post. Thanks for your energy to always make "Our Place" a better place! It's great to have you and all of us others, as well as great sponsors.behind the same great causes.

Good evening all.

JB

Agreed .

It's notable that I started as a novice and haven't won any of the "grower's" contests, and yet I maintain a slew of grow journals for the community. Aside from the singular gallery contest win, all of my wins were associated with the MOTM contest. I agree with TS, and I hope your employers will feel the same way. Every lighting prize I recieved was lovingly documented and inspired sales from the membership. I understand the investment involved, but I feel certain that this would be a benefit for the company in the end.

Regardless of their decision, this community is very appreciative of the serious investment already planned for this year. :green_heart:

Hey sue hope all we'll fall harvest I'll be attempting you fresh oil harvest method..

Thank you for your kind words.

That - and your fine attitude - is very much appreciated. And, again, I do not want to give the impression that we see a hand reaching out and want to take the entire arm, lol. It was just a thought - and a negative decision won't cause any negative feelings. (And, like my brother always says, the answer is always going to be no unless you ask.)

Campaigning for that contest is forbidden. But, since we don't even know if we get nominated or not until the 15th of each month, I can safely give my heartfelt thanks, and appreciation for same.

Our Member of the Month contest is unique in comparison to our other contests, not just because a person can win it without growing trees (lol), but because it's one that a member does not enter. He/she gets entered by his/her peers, in appreciation for the work that they do around here. That's another reason that I've always liked it - you do a thing just because you're trying to be helpful (and why else are we on this planet?), and very occasionally, someone comes by and rewards you for it. Life ought to be like that.
Hello Tortured Soul,
Although I wasn't able to convince the big guys to sponsor the MotM contest. We at GROWant want to show our appreciation.
From day one you have been nothing but helpful and positive to us. Not only that! Your recommendations lead us to some amazing growers. We feel Your continuous efforts to better this community should be recognized. I know you haven't really post about your grows, but we'd be honored to sponsor your first journal with our G3 HiPAR GR480. I know you have a few power limits at your current grow space. So you'll be happy to know this model only draws 160watts at the wall and has a veg foot print of 4x4 and core coverage of 3x3.
Your honesty matched with your writing skills will equal to an amazing journal I'm sure.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thank You for being You.
I'll message you later. Have a great day.

Hello Tortured Soul,
Although I wasn't able to convince the big guys to sponsor the MotM contest. We at GROWant want to show our appreciation.
From day one you have been nothing but helpful and positive to us. Not only that! Your recommendations lead us to some amazing growers. We feel Your continuous efforts to better this community should be recognized. I know you haven't really post about your grows, but we'd be honored to sponsor your first journal with our G3 HiPAR GR480. I know you have a few power limits at your current grow space. So you'll be happy to know this model only draws 160watts at the wall and has a veg foot print of 4x4 and core coverage of 3x3.
Your honesty matched with your writing skills will equal to an amazing journal I'm sure.

That is a class act that will resonate through our digital streets. He's definately deserving.

A warm and heartfelt thank you, on his behalf. :hug: You've left me a bit speechless. :laughtwo:

TS, say yes. It doesn't have to be a forever thing. One cycle, start to finish. Then you can abandon journaling and pull back to safety again. :laughtwo:

Wow, I just got on here to help verify that a forum bug that I had reported previously had been successfully fixed. Only had a few hours' rest (chronic insomniac) when I got up to go to the bathroom and tripped over the cat. She is fine - but I thought for a moment that I'd broken my wrist, lol. Threw my hand out because I really hate dislocating my shoulder, and didn't manage to get it placed well before the rest of me landed. Can wiggle my fingers, so no worries. But there's some swelling and oh my, turns out pain still hurts, lol. Typing one-handed today. Please forgive if I miss a capital letter here and there - and my posts are shorter in length than usual.

My landing page here is my user CP. Saw new activity in this thread, and the most recent post was shown as being by Sue, so I hit it out of curiosity and a need for positive energy and, perhaps, a smile. But I never dreamed...

Thank you!!! And those words seem so inadequate.

Yes, I have electrical considerations here; not just budgetary, but in term of capacity as well. Once tried to run a 600-watt HPS and blew a fuse when my sump pump kicked on. It turns out that any light >450 watts consumption is too much unless I take drastic steps. And I like to refrigerate my food, lol, so I'd rather not do that.

Again, wow - just... wow. I'm just too stunned to "say" anything more coherent at this time. I never expected this.

Well, it looks like I'll be doing an Autumn journal after all ;) .

Wow, I just got on here to help verify that a forum bug that I had reported previously had been successfully fixed. Only had a few hours' rest (chronic insomniac) when I got up to go to the bathroom and tripped over the cat. She is fine - but I thought for a moment that I'd broken my wrist, lol. Threw my hand out because I really hate dislocating my shoulder, and didn't manage to get it placed well before the rest of me landed. Can wiggle my fingers, so no worries. But there's some swelling and oh my, turns out pain still hurts, lol. Typing one-handed today. Please forgive if I miss a capital letter here and there - and my posts are shorter in length than usual.

My landing page here is my user CP. Saw new activity in this thread, and the most recent post was shown as being by Sue, so I hit it out of curiosity and a need for positive energy and, perhaps, a smile. But I never dreamed...

Yes, I have electrical considerations here; not just budgetary, but in term of capacity as well. Once tried to run a 600-watt HPS and blew a fuse when my sump pump kicked on. It turns out that any light >450 watts consumption is too much unless I take drastic steps. And I like to refrigerate my food, lol, so I'd rather not do that.

Again, wow - just... wow. I'm just too stunned to "say" anything more coherent at this time. I never expected this.

I'm an electrician, send me a message. Let's see what these electrical gremlins are about. This doesn't sound right.

This whole post made me smile.

I'm Sure you Will grow an amazing jungle with less energy.

Keep growing all.

Hello Tortured Soul,
As a newer grower but a long time forum person, many hobbies not just here, as well as a past online retailer
I feel the best bang for your buck, as a sponsor and retailer, is getting your product into the right hands.
Sure a MOTM winner is great, but they won't necessarily promote your product.
By having true growers use and journal your product, in my eyes, is the best way to promote your lights

Great job to you and yer company... I'll be watching for sure

That makes 2 of us. Although I'm only an apprentice. Older house maybe ts?

Still doesn't sound correct. A 1000w pulls 9amps at 120v. If he's sharing a circuit with the sump pump, it sounds like he is in the basement. I'd imagine his sump is on a dedicated 15/20amp. A 1/2hp home sump pump pulls around 8 amps. So with that being said, I'd check the wire gauge you have in the wall ATM. If it's 12awg go to your panel and make sure it's connected to a 20amp breaker. If it's on a 15amp I'd switch them and it should free up a little bit of electricity.

Still doesn't sound correct. A 1000w pulls 9amps at 120v. If he's sharing a circuit with the sump pump, it sounds like he is in the basement. I'd imagine his sump is on a dedicated 15/20amp. A 1/2hp home sump pump pulls around 8 amps. So with that being said, I'd check the wire gauge you have in the wall ATM. If it's 12awg go to your panel and make sure it's connected to a 20amp breaker. If it's on a 15amp I'd switch them and it should free up a little bit of electricity.
Maybe old screw in fuses...God I hated those

I was going to respond via PM so as not to take a sponsor's thread into off-topic territory, but since multiple people have posted about it:

House is around 100 years old, AfaIK. Knob & tube wiring, "two wire" (separate runs, thankfully separated so that there isn't quite the heat-buildup issue that you'd have with multiple wires "sheathed" in one cable so that the possibility of fire is not a huge worry - but NO ground wire in the runs). My MAIN fuse is only 30-amp (as is the box's rated capacity), with only four circuits (sub-fuses?). And the last guy I personally knew who was qualified to properly splice into such an old system - who even had the old "solder pot" type tools - was like 87 years old, and passed away several years back.

Yes, my entire home electrical capacity is less than many grow rooms, lol. On the other hand, some months a $50 electrical bill is a struggle - so it sort of balances out.

I appreciate the offers of assistance with this issue. Mainly, though, it's due to a chronic lack of "extra" money, or I'd have purchased everything I needed one bit at a time by now. One day, perhaps...

Agreed. One of the best guys you could have sponsored. Cool stuff!

Hello Tortured Soul,

Holy shit! I have a dedicated fuse-box with 6 fuses in my main grow-room alone. One for each outlet kinda :) Total overkill yes, but there will never be a fire

I was going to respond via PM so as not to take a sponsor's thread into off-topic territory, but since multiple people have posted about it:

House is around 100 years old, AfaIK. Knob & tube wiring, "two wire" (separate runs, thankfully separated so that there isn't quite the heat-buildup issue that you'd have with multiple wires "sheathed" in one cable so that the possibility of fire is not a huge worry - but NO ground wire in the runs). My MAIN fuse is only 30-amp (as is the box's rated capacity), with only four circuits (sub-fuses?). And the last guy I personally knew who was qualified to properly splice into such an old system - who even had the old "solder pot" type tools - was like 87 years old, and passed away several years back.

Yes, my entire home electrical capacity is less than many grow rooms, lol. On the other hand, some months a $50 electrical bill is a struggle - so it sort of balances out.

I appreciate the offers of assistance with this issue. Mainly, though, it's due to a chronic lack of "extra" money, or I'd have purchased everything I needed one bit at a time by now. One day, perhaps...

I have noticed one thing about this company that I really appreciate. You are active on this forum, you're participating and you're actually helping people with good advice here and there. I can tell you one thing - This is very smart and it's gonna end up selling you a lot of lights. Besides from this company, I think the only company I have seen participating that much has to be Mars-Hydro. It's a great strategy that sells them a lot of lamps. As you, they also give away lamps to contest winners here on 420, and they do their own competitions as well. I have won two of them. I won the third Mars-Hydro cup and also a photo contest this year.

I hope to see contests, cups and other promotional stunts from Growant.

I am wondering about something. Let's say a lamp breaks down in the middle of a grow - How do you deal with that? What options do you give the customers and so on? I really love how your Chinese competition is doing that part. Their customer service is great and they have really gone far to help me when I ran into trouble with their lights. However - This thread is about Growant, so I won't go into details. But I think it's an interesting question It's important to me and probably also others who do semi-big grows and have many lamps. I believe how a company deals with the customer when something goes wrong is what really defines a company.

WITH_THE_DEVIL2.jpg

I have noticed one thing about this company that I really appreciate. You are active on this forum, you're participating and you're actually helping people with good advice here and there. I can tell you one thing - This is very smart and it's gonna end up selling you a lot of lights. Besides from this company, I think the only company I have seen participating that much has to be Mars-Hydro. It's a great strategy that sells them a lot of lamps. As you, they also give away lamps to contest winners here on 420, and they do their own competitions as well. I have won two of them. I won the third Mars-Hydro cup and also a photo contest this year.

I am wondering about something. Let's say a lamp breaks down in the middle of a grow - How do you deal with that? What options do you give the customers and so on? I really love how your Chinese competition is doing that part. Their customer service is great and they have really gone far to help me when I ran into trouble with their lights. However - This thread is about Growant, so I won't go into details. But I think it's an interesting question It's important to me and probably also others who do semi-big grows and have many lamps. I believe how a company deals with the customer when something goes wrong is what really defines a company.

WITH_THE_DEVIL2.jpg

Thanks so much for the kind words and thanx for noticing our activity on this forum. The community at 420 Magazine has been awesome. Nothing but positivity and helpfulness.
Other than first class customer service,
We at GROWant regard Performance and Quality as our top priorities.
That is why we have taken some serious forethought in to building our lights.
Our lighting source comes from World Class manufacture Osram. Quality controlled and tested. Founded in 1906 they have been in lighting for over 100 years. This is also why our diodes cost 3 times the amount of lower quality diodes.
We also house all of our lights in all Aluminum.(not cheaper metals) This plays a huge roll in heat dissipation. Which makes cooling down your grow environment that much easier.
All this matched with an overheat protection system that automatically shuts down the light if temps reach to high. Protecting the diodes and your Crop.
The well thought design, top rated building materials and strict quality control gives our light an extremely low defective rate compared to other brands. ZERO defective LED's in the past 50,000 diodes tested!
If there should be any problems. We'll be there for you. We understand how important your grow is. We can send out replacement parts, a temp unit or a replacement light based on the situation. Under warranty GROWant takes care of all shipping cost. Sending or returning.

WITH_THE_DEVIL2.jpg

Sorry for such a delayed response :)

Sounds good. I would feel confident choosing you as my supplier of lights. Great! Thanks for your reply

Sorry for such a delayed response :)

Back
Top Bottom