Welcome To Our New Sponsor GROWant

That's a lot of engineering!

Not really (at a guess). You should be able to rig up something like I described with a Raspberry Pi and some components to do the actual on/off cyclings. Actually, an Arduino would probably be technically more straightforward due to the hardware, but you can quickly - and easily - install a flavor of Debian linux (et cetera) on a Raspberry Pi, and then you've already got tens of thousands of things you can install onto it.

Shame about the LED technology not being likely to handle the quick-cycling (which is as I suspected).

420-magazine-mobile44483246.jpg

That sativa on the right appears to be screaming for more light. Hopefully, the new addition will help a lot.

The Mars Pro II Epistar 320 is supposed to replace a 800 watt HPS

Never saw, heard, or read of one of those. 750-watt HPS, OtOH... (NOT the best choice for grow lighting, IMHO, but they do exist (as do 1,500-watt ones, lol).)

Been installing and rebuilding lights for damn near 30 years lol

Wow. The only things I've been doing for 30 years are smoking (various things) and, every now and then, getting my ashes hauled.

I'd guess you've seen most every type and combination of lighting by now.

I live almost on the north pole and it's quite cold here in the winter.

She told me
Think it over
Take it easy
Don't just go and throw your life away
Take it easy
Think it over
Don't forget what your momma said

It's too cold in the winter
Lord save the sinners

Too cold in the winter
Too cold in the winter

When you see those skies are grey
And you take your blues away
And when you see that cold wind blow
And you got down to your soul

Too cold

Would never be able to grow in the garage for example if they didn't generate that much heat.

Hmm... Yeah, that sounds like a perfect fit for a two flowering room "flip ballast HID setup." Place them side by side, have each venting into the other, run the ballasts (one set for both rooms) off a flip relay set, and each will provide needed heat during the other's dark period. The ballasts run 24 hours per day, powering each room for 12 hours per.

Your in great place, up North Pole.

I love the cold and hate the heat as much as any sane individual should, lol - but if he's THAT far north... Hey, DeVille, what's your cost per kWh?

You'll see me starting one in a few weeks

Awesome! My... familial duties took twice as long as expected today, so I'm a few hours behind. But mine will go live within the next several hours. I'll post a link in this thread when I create it.

Waiting on beans to land

Was about to ask you what sort of thing you were looking for - then I realized you meant you'd already ordered some and they just haven't arrived yet, lol.

I would try and keep it under 70%
75% at the max.

It might be a good idea to mention that when lights go out and the grow room cools, the relative humidity can spike (as the air can no longer hold the same amount of moisture - but the same amount of moisture is still in it) if the grow is set up with the ventilation/extraction fans running off the same timer that the lights are being run through. I think that may have caused some harm to growers once in a while (probably more with mold issues than anything else, but possibly issues with the hardware, too).

The only problem with epistar diodes, they grow great but the efficiency on them aren't too good. Produce lots of heat

I've had the chance to see lots of pictures of burnt out Epistar diodes in a thread hereabouts, during the last several years. Some might consider such things to be an issue, too ;) .

Not really (at a guess). You should be able to rig up something like I described with a Raspberry Pi and some components to do the actual on/off cyclings. Actually, an Arduino would probably be technically more straightforward due to the hardware, but you can quickly - and easily - install a flavor of Debian linux (et cetera) on a Raspberry Pi, and then you've already got tens of thousands of things you can install onto it.

Shame about the LED technology not being likely to handle the quick-cycling (which is as I suspected).

That sativa on the right appears to be screaming for more light. Hopefully, the new addition will help a lot.

Never saw, heard, or read of one of those. 750-watt HPS, OtOH... (NOT the best choice for grow lighting, IMHO, but they do exist (as do 1,500-watt ones, lol).)

Wow. The only things I've been doing for 30 years are smoking (various things) and, every now and then, getting my ashes hauled.

I'd guess you've seen most every type and combination of lighting by now.

She told me
Think it over
Take it easy
Don't just go and throw your life away
Take it easy
Think it over
Don't forget what your momma said

Lord save the sinners

Too cold in the winter
Too cold in the winter

When you see those skies are grey
And you take your blues away
And when you see that cold wind blow
And you got down to your soul

Too cold

Hmm... Yeah, that sounds like a perfect fit for a two flowering room "flip ballast HID setup." Place them side by side, have each venting into the other, run the ballasts (one set for both rooms) off a flip relay set, and each will provide needed heat during the other's dark period. The ballasts run 24 hours per day, powering each room for 12 hours per.

I love the cold and hate the heat as much as any sane individual should, lol - but if he's THAT far north... Hey, DeVille, what's your cost per kWh?

Awesome! My... familial duties took twice as long as expected today, so I'm a few hours behind. But mine will go live within the next several hours. I'll post a link in this thread when I create it.

Was about to ask you what sort of thing you were looking for - then I realized you meant you'd already ordered some and they just haven't arrived yet, lol.

It might be a good idea to mention that when lights go out and the grow room cools, the relative humidity can spike (as the air can no longer hold the same amount of moisture - but the same amount of moisture is still in it) if the grow is set up with the ventilation/extraction fans running off the same timer that the lights are being run through. I think that may have caused some harm to growers once in a while (probably more with mold issues than anything else, but possibly issues with the hardware, too).

I've had the chance to see lots of pictures of burnt out Epistar diodes in a thread hereabouts, during the last several years. Some might consider such things to be an issue, too ;) .

I want that sativa to die.

BLASPHEMY!!!

Lol.

Before flip the twins were around 15" tall, now they are around 74-75"

That's about what I'd expect from a sativa. Probably low production, and if you set it out on the equator at noon on a cloudless day in August, it might be heard to say, "What, is that it? When I said I needed more light, I didn't mean a LITTLE more light, buster!"

All of that and probably a few other... issues.

Kind of makes a person wonder why anyone would ever grow a good sativa...

...until they smoke one ;) .

Actually that's what I do in the winter. I vent the two tents into each other and make sure they never have light off at the same time :) works wonders. During the summer months I disconnect them from each other and let them vent directly out into the garage.

I am not sure what I pay per kWh. Summer months I pay around 150 USD for the house and all the grows. In the winter it's more like 450 USD per month. So it costs more to heat the rooms than to keep the lights on

I love the cold and hate the heat as much as any sane individual should, lol - but if he's THAT far north... Hey, DeVille, what's your cost per kWh?QUOTE]

What's up all my Fellow growers!
We at GROWant have been having an incredible time chatting it up with everyone. Thanx guys and gals for all the positive energy.
We are now accepting PRE ORDERS for our G5 G800 PRO and G5 G400 PRO.
If you order within the next 5 days you will receive 7% off. (PRO/SMART MODELS ONLY)
**All items ordered during this time will be shipped no later than Oct. 9th from either our East Coast or West Coast warehouse**
Happy Growing

I think they sell them both with and without that smart system indeed. I find their smaller lights interesting too - those 250 watt ones for example

Thanks correct. From what I can see on the website with the pro/smart series they can be linked wirelessly with their time schedules and whatnot.
420-magazine-mobile1994737480.jpg

All of their lights are labeled as "HiPar," G3/G5 are differentiators, as well as smart/pro and non smart/pro.

I think they sell them both with and without that smart system indeed. I find their smaller lights interesting too - those 250 watt ones for example

I'm rocking one of their 240w G3 HiPar series and I'm totally loving it.
420-magazine-mobile1508590203.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2035530354.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1230696807.jpg

I'm waiting on seeds to launch my dedicated grow on this light. I'll PM you if you like when that takes off.

That's the one I was thinking about yes. Cool little thing.

Back
Top Bottom