Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

I’m always loving “crown” pix. Nice! :yummy:

Your SG is really feeling the low humidity outside. Can you set up a mister for the hottest part of the day? Maybe put the fabric pot on an oven rack over a big pot saucer full of water?

:passitleft:

I’m always loving “crown” pix. Nice! :yummy:

Your SG is really feeling the low humidity outside. Can you set up a mister for the hottest part of the day? Maybe put the fabric pot on an oven rack over a big pot saucer full of water?
Hah, I didn’t realize it but GD does look like her flowers are crowns.
I don’t want to get her too humid, as she is almost done flowering. I have found the tiniest beginnings of grey mold from the rain we had a couple weeks back. I cut and removed that section. I should be able to sample the plant today as my tester buds should be dry enough.

Other than that, my line of defense going forward will be to give my plants a 1/4 strength Destress foliar as the birds are singing in the morning.
Destress:
6362B650-8571-498C-84EF-479678E575E1.jpeg

I read a journal, at the urging of Duggan, from MajorPITA a couple years ago where he fought off the least ideal weather imaginable and this seemed to be a big tool in his tool box.
The first plant and the AK look great, nice design on both!
Thanks Age. Yeah I’m very happy with Green Doc and SG seems to have fattened up her flowers overnight almost.

I should mention, the Durban Moms had just got watered so they look all droopy and stuff. When they aren’t wet or supercropped all to hell, they look pretty good. :)

:thumb: Looking good Archi

The new baby sativas will take a while to shift to flower after that solstice date that Shed mentioned, ‘cause they won’t be quite mature yet. I think the sooner they get into the ground the better maybe - they will veg faster in the ground. They’ll have time to get a bit of size on before stretch.
:popcorn:

Plants are looking great but I hope the babies pick up the pace. The daylight light shifts in 18 days. :eek:
:thumb: Looking good Archi

The new baby sativas will take a while to shift to flower after that solstice date that Shed mentioned, ‘cause they won’t be quite mature yet. I think the sooner they get into the ground the better maybe - they will veg faster in the ground. They’ll have time to get a bit of size on before stretch.
I hear you guys, thank you for the help. I’ll Transplant in the morning.

Loving the Green Doc so far! :thumb:

The new baby sativas will take a while to shift to flower after that solstice date that Shed mentioned, ‘cause they won’t be quite mature yet.
Even though all of my plants were outside in the same spot last year, they all started flowering at different times. Blueberry Muffin started just before the Solstice, Blackberry Fire started July 4, Sour Diesel July 14, Cookies and Dream Queen started Jul 22. I'm not really sure why the difference, but a couple notables: the two earliest bloomers were Indica dominant. Also the two late bloomers were started a couple weeks later. :hmmmm:

Even though all of my plants were outside in the same spot last year, they all started flowering at different times. Blueberry Muffin started just before the Solstice, Blackberry Fire started July 4, Sour Diesel July 14, Cookies and Dream Queen started Jul 22. I'm not really sure why the difference, but a couple notables: the two earliest bloomers were Indica dominant. Also the two late bloomers were started a couple weeks later. :hmmmm:
It’s genetic, some indicas will flower at 14/10 lighting where some sativas will thrive at 11/13. 12/12 is just a number they came up with that mostly works for everything. So outdoors it’s the same thing some will start flowering in July and some in September (at least here).

Thanks Beez, the Green Doc has been such a well behaved strain and just a joy to peek in on every day. She’s always happy and that makes for a happy Dad :Rasta: I am disappointed in the sense that I was caught off guard by her beginning to flower before I was really ready. She was, after all, supposed to be the original inhabitant of the 2x4 raised bed.

I’m still not sure if upcanning her would have been prudent when I noticed she started flowering. Either way, I dropped two more seeds of Green Doc. One made it, one didn’t. The one that made it went into a gallon of DBHBB so she can get a real shot at a kit grow.

I’ll be taking cuts of her prior to flowering.

If my plants grow tall enough for me to get at least a couple ounces I’ll be more than appreciative :Namaste:

It’s genetic, some indicas will flower at 14/10 lighting where some sativas will thrive at 11/13. 12/12 is just a number they came up with that mostly works for everything. So outdoors it’s the same thing some will start flowering in July and some in September (at least here).

Way I see it, I’ve got at least three weeks before something could happen yeah?
Typically, I veg for about six weeks to get them a good size. Then again, they rarely have nearly 100 gallons of soil to spread out in. Just wish the sun would come out sooner than noon!

It’s all good guys, Outdoor is happening and I’ve even got more indoor happenings than I said I would lol.

Tuesday Update
I made it official this morning and transplanted the seedlings to the raised bed. I used a generous amount of Roots! powder and I had just given them a gentle transplant drench yesterday. I hit them with Destress as well.

They both had roots coming out of the bottom of the clear solo cups.

I’ve only done outdoor twice. First time was much too long ago to remember anything but the results, I remember I harvested in late September, cause that Halloween was quite the party. I did have several indoor gardens going as well so my memory is probably sketchy.

When I did it two years ago nothing started flowering before the end of July but I didn’t start them until late June, some didn’t start to flower until the end of August. Most were done in October but I had one that never seemed to finish until Thanksgiving.

I’m pretty sure your going to have a pretty awesome time at the beginning/middle of October.

Hey Archie, just a reminder, you shouldn't be spraying those babies until they have a couple of nodes with at least 5 bladed leaves. I've had overspray hit seedlings before and they didn't like it at all. Hopefully you don't have any issues.
Oh thank you, Neiko. I’ll hold off until they are a little older. Cheers :high-five:
Time for those babies to get serious. That damn cloud cover though...
Yeah, sun has been out real good since around 10:30am though so it turned out to be a good day.
:thumb:
Everything I was thinking has been said already ... so...
Cheers AG! It’s sink or swim time lol. I’m headed to review our conversation about drenching the bed right now.

Remember this little buddy the White Widow had?

full

full

I never did anything to kill them - just pulled them off by hand and threw them out of the area. There were lots on teh garden but only ever one or two on the plant. A nibble here and there but nothing really destructive at all - this time anyway :)
Cool shot .

Man I am way back here !!

Imma skip through quickly . My bad !

Update
Here’s the Friday report. Lots of stuff to distract me lately but I got the bed done and I should have a good start on the soil I need for my little veggie bed. I found a visitor this morning too!
I emptied the soil from the previous grow back into my cleaned out tote. I’ll need to amend it with first run before using it again this fall. Cheers and have a great weekend all!
View media item 1677268
View media item 1677269

Very nice :adore:

My wife walked into the garage garden and said, “wow those are really big.” I pointed her outside to the common areas where the desert sage is 4’x4’...

Planter box looks awesome with some green in it, look even better when little ladies get tall and fat!

Cool shot .

Man I am way back here !!

Imma skip through quickly . My bad !

No worries Joe :thumb:
Very nice :adore:
Thanks Joe, things got a little sideways, but we got something going one way or another lol. :high-five:
My wife walked into the garage garden and said, “wow those are really big.” I pointed her outside to the common areas where the desert sage is 4’x4’...

Planter box looks awesome with some green in it, look even better when little ladies get tall and fat!
Yeah man, I’m glad to see plants in there. Hopefully, things take off soon. Cheers Age!:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom