Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

LUX is fine for HID, MH & HPS but you really want the PAR meter (which actually measures PPFD) for LED's since LUX meters are not an effective way to measure LED output. ;)

Also the price difference is substantial, I paid less than 30.00 for the one I pictured above BUT again
it only reads LUX & FC. The ones that read PAR are all over 125.00 as best I can tell

This is the one I got. I only used it a handful of times, was super useful at first. Now it just gathers dust, cause all my lights are maxed already.

026F8F2A-D395-4EB7-872F-03A6CC9C7455.jpeg

:passitleft:

Why is it so difficult for me to buy a decent 6 inch , clip on, oscillating fan????
I have looked high and low, many times and no luck. The good one i have was sent to me by an old member Duddy PA....
It's still going strong after 3-4 years...

What brand ? was it the VIVOSUN
VIVOSUN 6 Inch Clip on Oscillating Fan Fit for 0.59 to 1 Inch Grow Tent Pole with 2-Speed Control
Listed on Amazon at 29.99 with free shipping. I was going to get 1 or 2 but not if they crap out in one grow
The Holmes 6" NON Oscillating fans I can get at TARGET for less than 10.00 each and have used them for
just about a year now with no issues

Like you I want a good 6" OSCILLATING

Why is it so difficult for me to buy a decent 6 inch , clip on, oscillating fan????
I have looked high and low, many times and no luck. The good one i have was sent to me by an old member Duddy PA....
It's still going strong after 3-4 years...
I use the AirKing 6" clip-ons I've had for years running pretty much 24/7. :thumb:
It doesn't oscillate, though!

This!! I have yet to find a decent one that hasn’t broken, or doesn’t sound like it’s on the verge of breaking the whole time.
What brand ? was it the VIVOSUN
VIVOSUN 6 Inch Clip on Oscillating Fan Fit for 0.59 to 1 Inch Grow Tent Pole with 2-Speed Control
Listed on Amazon at 29.99 with free shipping. I was going to get 1 or 2 but not if they crap out in one grow
The Holmes 6" non Oscillating fans I can get at TARGET for less than 10.00 each and have used them for
just about a year now with no issues

Like you I want a good 6" OSCILLATING

I am in the process of trying to return one of those vivosun fans. Not the absolute latest model, but close to it. It’s crap. It is super hard on high, and almost as hard on low and when you turn on teh oscillation function, the fan motor winds waaaay down and waaay up again and really sounds like it’s labouring hard. All of this is also super noisy. Maybe it doesnt like my 240v power supply or something

I use the AirKing 6" clip-ons I've had for years running pretty much 24/7. :thumb:
It doesn't oscillate, though!
My research led me to these... (and then I noticed them in your tent Krip!) I cant get them here in Aus tho.

This!! I have yet to find a decent one that hasn’t broken, or doesn’t sound like it’s on the verge of breaking the whole time.

I am in the process of trying to return one of those vivosun fans. Not the absolute latest model, but close to it. It’s crap. It is super hard on high, and almost as hard on low and when you turn on teh oscillation function, the fan motor winds waaaay down and waaay up again and really sounds like it’s labouring hard. All of this is also super noisy. Maybe it doesnt like my 240v power supply or something

My research led me to these... (and then I noticed them in your tent Krip!) I cant get them here in Aus tho.

Thanks much appreciated Amy. Dont need to throw away any more money today :thanks:

So looks like I need to look for the "AirKing 6" clip-ons " Thanks
Mr. Krip

it's the oscillating feature i want.
Same here Duggs - I’ve been through a few. Recently while I was on a searching mission I came across this thread by @TurboBucket . He made a great innovation to get 2 good small oscillating fans going and attached to the wall/post. I can’t get them here, but I’m sure you could where you are. It looks a really good set-up. :thumb:

Good eye! :high-five:
I particularly like the steel front grill so it was an easy feature to spot. :)

Morning everyone! :ciao:

Archie, I’ve got that same meter if you want to borrow it next time you’re down this way. Be careful though that meter cost me tons of money by showing how much better expensive lights are over cheap ones. :rofl:

Hey that sounds good. I’m picking up my so. Around June 14th if you’re gonna be around maybe. I think I’m going to head down the week prior and pack his crap in my truck. I’ll let you know, cause I have a Durban cut for you. I also gotta catch up wit @BTzGrow and drop that 4x4 tent off.
Actually, I think as long as the weather looks to be stable -- at least "sunny" and "not too windy", you can harden them off to move outdoors any time. I moved my newest autos outdoors full time at less than 2 weeks old.
Oh!:yahoo: Let’s get us a plant outside then!
I think the earlier you harden them off the better. I’m pretty sure the longer they go without ever seeing the sun the more they need hardening. I’ve had seedlings sprout in the full July sun without any issues at all (except squirrels).

I shouldn’t be surprised this works, it’s just I struggled to get them above dirt it feels like haha. Just letting nature have its way germinating the seeds is, it makes me nervous.
:thumb: I germinate under the sun. My outdoor plants are outdoor from the get-go. Yer good to harden them off whenever you like, Archi!
I’ll be trying that next year AG!
Got here late again, but the second they break ground is when mine go outside in the sun. No hardening off needed. Assuming the sun is out of course ;).
Hey Shed! Thanks for the confirmation brother!
LUX is fine for HID, MH & HPS but you really want the PAR meter (which actually measures PPFD) for LED's since LUX meters are not an effective way to measure LED output. ;)
Thanks Krip! I have the claimed PPFD from Perfect Suns website but dialing in all my lights could be valuable, for sure!
Of course...the one I/we want is more$$...Pfft!
That cheap ass fan i bought just crapped out the other day....doesn't oscillate anymore...pc. of Chi....garbage.
Bin a long week....3 days....:reading420magazine:
Ahh sorry Duggs, I had a week like that last week. Nothing seemed to go in my favor lol.
I'm of the belief that a lux meter will work fine with any single spectrum LED light. It's multi-spectrum LEDs that make the conversion to PPFD incorrect.

There are websites that will convert your lux to PPFD for you once you plug in your color temperature.
So my Perfect Sun needs a PAR meter but my 3500kspectrum AutoCOBs could be dialed in with a LUX meter, it sounds like.

FYI...I've never owned a PAR or LUX meter and never used one to measure my lights, although, they can be helpful. IMHO, I just like to keep the lights as close to the top of the canopy as possible WITHOUT seeing any negative reaction from the plants. If plants start looking stressed, I raise the light a little. ;)

FYI...I've never owned a PAR or LUX meter and never used one to measure my lights, although, they can be helpful. IMHO, I just like to keep the lights as close to the top of the canopy as possible WITHOUT seeing any negative reaction from the plants. If plants start looking stressed, I raise the light a little. ;)

I only use mine as a general indication of Coverage. I can see the Drop off points and know were I need
my supplemental T5s. Also very easy to find the exact center of the HIDs Highest readings

Oh if you get a reading when the bulb is New you can see when its time to change for OPTIMUM output

That’s what I usually do too. I usually put my light as high as it will go and then move the plant up or down depending on what it likes.
I have discovered my veg light is probably too bright for my cuttings. They don’t need as much light as I have.
I like the way these cups work as humidity domes though.
I only use mine as a general indication of Coverage. I can see the Drop off points and know were I need
my supplemental T5s. Also very easy to find the exact center of the HIDs Highest readings

Oh if you get a reading when the bulb is New you can see when its time to change for OPTIMUM output
Ahh good points! I wouldn’t mind just testing it out so I can see where my light falls off and stuff.

That’s what I usually do too. I usually put my light as high as it will go and then move the plant up or down depending on what it likes.
I have discovered my veg light is probably too bright for my cuttings. They don’t need as much light as I have.
I like the way these cups work as humidity domes though.

Ahh good points! I wouldn’t mind just testing it out so I can see where my light falls off and stuff.
Plants don't need a lot of light to veg. It just needs to be close enough that they don't stretch.

Yeah I’m starting to understand that now. I was reading about how the member Lembatoast clones and it had me baffled. If you haven’t seen it, he puts them in produce bags and one or two CFL’s above them and he does hundreds at a time. That’s when I realized I’m not helping my clones by giving them so much light when they are trying to root.

Saturday Update
I need to officially welcome Critical Haze from Resin Seeds:
Carnival from Ministry of Cannabis:
I forgot to share the soil mixing photos. I can, and do, normally put the whole mix into one container. Somebody borrowed my tarp, so I just mixed them in the containers. So we should have plenty of fresh soil for the next indoor grow.
The raised bed got a freshly cooked kit and almost all of my first run soil from the last grow save for about four or five gallons for clones and one gallon veg plants

Alright, have a nice day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom