Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

This is embarrassing lol. Thanks Duggs! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ahh man another Canadian, I think I’m getting a message here. I need to move to Canada I think.
Alabama is pretty country for sure. Awful humid down in the south though, phew!

I lived in California as well......west coast in general is spoiled weather wise.....I am in the north east and the humidity here in July/August would make you puke.....no joke!

Pretty funny about Ontario. I'm planning to go to a Dead & Company show in a couple weeks. My two sons have never been to a Dead show so this will be a cool experience - even though no Jerry or Phil. :theband:
That should be a blast Beez! My boy and I go see Rebelution in a Chula Vista every June/July when they come to town. :party:

I lived in California as well......west coast in general is spoiled weather wise.....I am in the north east and the humidity here in July/August would make you puke.....no joke!
I don’t doubt that one bit haha! I can’t believe I used to do two a day practices in the Tennessee humidity. Just hits you like a wet cloth to the face haha.

Update
Might as well show em’ off in the sun for a change this week. Temps have been great so far but I wouldn’t mind less gray skies. I was watching the plants grow earlier ;) and a ladybug flew right on Sheds Gift 1.1 crawled around for about thirty seconds and flew away. I’m taking this as a sign that they are relatively pest free lol.

The West Coast is the Best Coast

From Oakland to Sac-town, the Bay Area and back down
Cali is where they put their mack down; give me love!

California Love

If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the East
I live out there, so don't go there
But that don't mean a nigga can't rest in the West
See some nice breast in the West
Smoke some nice sess in the West

Looks like excellent work on the boxes :thumb:

If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the East
I live out there, so don't go there
But that don't mean a nigga can't rest in the West
See some nice breast in the West
Smoke some nice sess in the West
Love me some Biggie too Ween!

Hi and :welcome: Stage3b! I’m flattered but I am far from an expert. I’ll accept adept apprentice lol.

Congratulations on taking the bull by the horns and growing your own medicine.

Regarding trichomes, I normally harvest at or near all cloudy with a few clear or a few amber.
What are you hoping to get from cannabis? This could heavily dictate when harvesting would be ideal.

Taking clones in flower, in my opinion, should be avoided unless you really need to save the genetics. I’ve done it successfully and my advice would be to trim off all the bud sites when you take the cut. I see no reason why taking cuts in flower would create a problem. Just remember that it is still stress to take a cut. This will likely draw some energy away from making buds but again, you have to weigh whether that’s worth it.

I’m glad to have ya Stage. Stick around and we can both learn how to grow outdoors lol. I’m very fortunate that I have so many fantastic growers that stop by here. There’s a lot of knowledge you can gain from these folks and this is the best place on the internet to do it!
I'm hoping to get a nice relaxing high, not all racy and paranoid... I didn't know that I had responses till now! I was told the Dutch Treat would be a relaxing, uplifting high. I heard harvesting at different times according to the trichome color is the key...? Could use advice as far as that goes. Thanks again

Awesome spread @Archiweedies what a joy it must be to "work" in your garden!

Bahh you got a ton of plant there @Stage3B ! Pick a little shoot down low and chopper! Won't hurt it a bit. Probly will help. Plus even if it does cause some delay (which I'd guess it won't) you've waited all this time, a tiny little blip of slowdown to this grow in order add to the family is a big win in the big picture!

I gifted a couple of short little cuts with nice buds forming from my bloomers to a buddy, they are now revegged and doing fine!
Yes, I thought of taking a piece from down low too. Going to try it out. Trichomes are mostly clear still, a few are turning milky on some buds but only a couple. I think I'm going to do pretty good considering my first grow, cheap ass lights and them growing all this time! Boy it's been a long time coming... Have been tying a few buds up to get more light and bending some too. Really cool 1st grow! Thanks to all for your advice, knowledge and encouragement! Appreciate ya!

I'm hoping to get a nice relaxing high, not all racy and paranoid... I didn't know that I had responses till now! I was told the Dutch Treat would be a relaxing, uplifting high. I heard harvesting at different times according to the trichome color is the key...? Could use advice as far as that goes. Thanks again
Yes, I thought of taking a piece from down low too. Going to try it out. Trichomes are mostly clear still, a few are turning milky on some buds but only a couple. I think I'm going to do pretty good considering my first grow, cheap ass lights and them growing all this time! Boy it's been a long time coming... Have been tying a few buds up to get more light and bending some too. Really cool 1st grow! Thanks to all for your advice, knowledge and encouragement! Appreciate ya!
Hey S3B! Yeah go you man! Feels good to grow your own.
If you’re not after racy effects I’d let them trichomes ripen a little further until you’ve got all milky. With maybe a few clear or a few ambers. It’s a very subjective thing because some folks are after racy.
Snip yourself a bud or two, dry them in a brown paper bag, and give em’ a rip then you can see if you like the effects. :high-five:

I remembered that i took three cuts of Durban today and rigged up a little germination station. I’ve got the Carnival seed I dropped in a rapid rooter. Everything got Roots! before planting.

FYI...I received a response from Ace that they would ship my order. :yahoo:

I asked if they still ship to the USA and they did not say "yes" or "no" to that, only that they would "attend" to my order, so I'm not sure what the actual deal is there.

EDIT: I did email them back letting them know I was active in a large online forum and there were questions from several of the members having problems signing up with US addresses, and I asked them to provide some guidance/instructions that I can pass on. As soon as I get a response, I'll post it here. ;)

FYI...I received a response from Ace that they would ship my order. :yahoo:

I asked if they still ship to the USA and they did not say "yes" or "no" to that, only that they would "attend" to my order, so I'm not sure what the actual deal is there.

EDIT: I did email them back letting them know I was active in a large online forum and there were questions from several of the members having problems signing up with US addresses, and I asked them to provide some guidance/instructions that I can pass on. As soon as I get a response, I'll post it here. ;)

Here is the response from Ace:

Kindly tell your friends to contact us directly through email: info@aceseeds.org and we will evaluate every case.

I just made an account on the Ace website and found similar. Any country on the list that isn’t in the EU, is a legal country (Canada, Uruguay and South Africa). So it seems they officially only post to countries where it is legal or countries in the EU. Is anyone tempted to ring them and see where they might unofficially post to?

@neikodog might have some insight about this. And Dubi from Ace seeds is a member here @ACE Seeds but hasn’t posted in many months - he did pop up in the Ace Seeds pics thread that neiko started, but that was back in July last year.

The distributor seed banks don’t seem to carry the stock that Ace source from other breeders, like our member Tropics who made the Purple Satellite. As far as I can tell you can only get that direct from Ace. I know someone is growing it at the moment, cant remember who but it’s a recent release so must be a fairly recent purchase, maybe it’s @Morglie :hmmmm: .
Yes, I am growing Purple Satellite this year for outdoors. @lazyfish is as well. At least, as long as he finds a new place to settle and can get them into the ground there.

I got an order from Ace recently. They had to resend it though, as the initial one got siezed by customs. It sounds like a lot of packages from Spain to the US are getting searched as of the beginning of the year. Maybe they aren't sending to the states as they have had to replace to many orders.

Back
Top Bottom