Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

I saw a new baby came up yesterday and got pretty excited. I have my fingers crossed that both will make it.
:woohoo: New life sprouting from Virgin Ground!
I'll start with a full tent shot..
So. Much. Reveg! But all looking van nuys. Excellent turnaround on Grandpa's cut so the masses are greatly relieved. Grandpa might be as well. :thumb:
That's about it for today. Don't have much more going on with cannabis plants.
That's a great place to start. :welcome: back to the grow scene!

:woohoo: New life sprouting from Virgin Ground!

So. Much. Reveg! But all looking van nuys. Excellent turnaround on Grandpa's cut so the masses are greatly relieved. Grandpa might be as well. :thumb:

That's a great place to start. :welcome: back to the grow scene!
Lmao. Those Forum,Skunk and GG4 plants have been through reveg at least twice.....
Continuing to get my shit together.
I'll get there.
Looking good soon to see some killer flower !!! Took a yr break my self !! Hope you having a great start to the new year !!
Hi Jack.

I should have more going on in a few weeks. I'd like to have at least four plants going but I'd like to stagger the harvests a bit so I'm going to wait a few weeks before I sprout anything else.

The new year has been ok so far...knock on wood. Wouldn't take much to beat last year though. That was a tough on for my whole family.

Welcome back to growing. I know that I didn't take very much time off but I certainly missed it.

Lmao. Those Forum,Skunk and GG4 plants have been through reveg at least twice.....
Continuing to get my shit together.
I'll get there.

Hi Jack.

I should have more going on in a few weeks. I'd like to have at least four plants going but I'd like to stagger the harvests a bit so I'm going to wait a few weeks before I sprout anything else.

The new year has been ok so far...knock on wood. Wouldn't take much to beat last year though. That was a tough on for my whole family.

Welcome back to growing. I know that I didn't take very much time off but I certainly missed it.
I'll def hang out for the run !!!! What u plan to pop ? Yup I really missed having my plants it keep my mind sain at times!!

I'll def hang out for the run !!!! What u plan to pop ? Yup I really missed having my plants it keep my mind sain at times!!
I'm like that every outdoor 'offseason', it is so nice when Spring comes around and I can grow again!

I'm happy to see you posting again. I've missed you. :hug:
Me too, me too! :)
Not sure if I can catch up and probably will have to just jump back in.
This is the way :meditate:
I saw a new baby came up yesterday and got pretty excited. I have my fingers crossed that both will make it.
Bless. I am excited for you. I so know that thrill of getting seeds in dirt after an enforced break! I love that you can reveg several times overr... I may try to use that to my advantage at some point.

Glad to see my fellow 420 women starting fresh grows yeehaa!

I have a Wookiee auto (GSC cross) and a Bloody Skunk auto from Sweet Seeds. I'll be dropping another Wookiee and something else soon.
I'll have to get my seed vault out and see what I have.
I'm like that every outdoor 'offseason', it is so nice when Spring comes around and I can grow again!
That's a long time to wait between grows. Not sure that I could handle the downtime.
Bless. I am excited for you. I so know that thrill of getting seeds in dirt after an enforced break! I love that you can reveg several times overr... I may try to use that to my advantage at some point.

Glad to see my fellow 420 women starting fresh grows yeehaa!
Not sure what revegging multiple times does to the plant. They seem to be ok but I can't observe on a molecular level. I could be weakening the strain but I'm unsure. Anything that I've read on the subject looks like bro-sciency stuff without any real statistical backup.

We'll see what happens,eh?
Oh Boy! You're really back with plants and everything! Aaaaah
Glad to say that both plants eventually came up. The slower one looks kinda shitty but she's greening up ok now. She lost a leaf right off the bat but looks to be a fighter.

The Bloody Skunk seed that I sprouted was at least eight years old iirc. This makes me think that she's the one with issues but we shall see.

I wonder how viable my seed vault is as I go on growing over the years.... How long do these genetics really last?
If kept in the right conditions it should ve quite awhile. I know that some seeds are only viable for a few years while some seeds like fig can last hundreds of years.

I have more starins that I can probably grow in my lifetime. I guess that my goal is to search through as many as I can and find my top ten strains.
After that it's just keeping those strains in stock through reversal and hunting within seeds produced for my ideal phenotype.

That's about as much soil as an eggshell!

Glad they're both still green.
They always seem to get a bit leggy on me. I just add more soil as they grow.
I'm trying to find something to elevate them closer to the other plants canopies.
That tent is pretty full already. Hopefully I can figure something out.

Feeling lucky? Stack and tape solo cups top to top and bottom to bottom. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Lucky?
Not really. Lol

I did elevate them with some one gallon pots for now. Don't want to push them to the light too fast.

They seem to be ok but I can't observe on a molecular level. I could be weakening the strain but I'm unsure. Anything that I've read on the subject looks like bro-sciency stuff without any real statistical backup.

We'll see what happens,eh?
I didn't think of that. What are those kits called where you take a cell sample and make a whole plant? Could one in theory lab analyze the cell material?
I was thinking it might be helpful for me when I have rellies coming and going and I need to keep my activities invisible. I was thinking I could always reveg a summer plant and flower it in winter for instance? Does that make sense? Our winters are mildish and I have proven to myself that I can flower plants in winter in my conditions.

I have more starins that I can probably grow in my lifetime. I guess that my goal is to search through as many as I can and find my top ten strains.
After that it's just keeping those strains in stock through reversal and hunting within seeds produced for my ideal phenotype.

That's what I did. I have my top 10 strains that will always be in rotation plus whatever else I grow. I figured out how much I use of each strain annually and keep a running tally in Microsoft Excel of how much is left so I'll know when to grow more.

They always seem to get a bit leggy on me. I just add more soil as they grow.
That's a good idea!
I thought you were maybe just running low on soil 🤔 ...
I'm trying to find something to elevate them closer to the other plants canopies.
Can you somehow hang them up on the wall, or maybe on the corner poles?
It's nice, because they're also up out of the way, so you're not apt to knock them over while you're working with the other plants..
AHa hanging on the wall.jpg

just a thought...

:ciao: So glad to see you here! I have a question...Does planting them lower in the cup increase the humidity in that envirnment?? :cheesygrinsmiley:
It would keep the humidity concentrated a bit. Any moisture/humidity from the top of a full cup would spill over the sides and probably be subject to circulation fans as well. Having it lower in the cup would make for a slightly moister microclimate.

I just do it because they all get a bit leggy on me.
I didn't think of that. What are those kits called where you take a cell sample and make a whole plant? Could one in theory lab analyze the cell material?
I was thinking it might be helpful for me when I have rellies coming and going and I need to keep my activities invisible. I was thinking I could always reveg a summer plant and flower it in winter for instance? Does that make sense? Our winters are mildish and I have proven to myself that I can flower plants in winter in my conditions.
The kits are called tissue culture kits.
It involves taking a tissue sample and putting it into a sterile and fertile matrix like agar agar iirc.
I'm sure you could lab analyze cell material.

Learn how to keep bonsai moms. That way you can always take cuttings of her later. It's pretty easy to hide small plants like that. You can simply seal them up in a cardboard box or hide them in a cupboard until the family has gone.
That's what I did. I have my top 10 strains that will always be in rotation plus whatever else I grow. I figured out how much I use of each strain annually and keep a running tally in Microsoft Excel of how much is left so I'll know when to grow more.
Holy crap.
I can't wrap my head around using excel for this. I just guesstimate and have gotten pretty good at it.

Like this time... I guesstimate that I will run out of weed before my next harvest.
That's a good idea!
I thought you were maybe just running low on soil 🤔 ...

Can you somehow hang them up on the wall, or maybe on the corner poles?
It's nice, because they're also up out of the way, so you're not apt to knock them over while you're working with the other plants..
AHa hanging on the wall.jpg

just a thought...
Hmmm.....

Not a bad idea hanging them.
I should have a better option tomorrow though. I need to set up a small nursery for some seed flats and such. I can have my babies hang out with them.
I have an extra seedling mat and a 90 watt 4000k HLG I can stick up over my dresser and call it a day.

No idea how old these are and I'm don't care to look.
I'd say two ish weeks almost.

What I believe to be Wookiee auto.
Looks good. Filled the cup up yesterday.
Possibly Bloody Skunk. She's funky but I'm sure she'll grow out of it. She's only halfway up the cup.
The 2x2 tent with babies and moms. Time to take some cuttings. Gotta get a few cups together and make a space for them. Once they are all well rooted I'll be culling the old moms.
They look a bit pale. I just switched them to MC and was underfeeding a bit. I'll bump them up to 5 gr/gallon next feeding.

That's it for the cannabis plants.

Hope y'all are well.

Back
Top Bottom